Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2015, 02:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default has anyone actually flown the "inductrix"??

I see this ad popping all the time. Blade inductrix.

Its a micro quad.

Is it good? I was thinking maybe buying one for my dad.

However he has lots of micro quads though (at least 20-30 of them), like the hubsan and jjrc (his fav). Is this just some crap or does it actually deliver something new? (also my dad hates everything nine eagles and blade..)
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2015, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 9yr old son has one. It flies awesome! I took it to my dad and let him fly it. He went to hobby shop and bought one today. It's a great little quad. Flies very well.
DeanR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2015, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one too, my girls calls it gizmo. It's very stable, fun and its indestructible. Buy a couple batteries because you'll want more flight time. It's great of practicing orientation. It's got a bank angle limit so it won't flip but its the most fun I have had in this hobby yet. Best cat chasing device ever!

Pulse 1s 160mah is a better battery than the two stock ones I have. It's worth a buck more.

Edit: just found how to turn off bank angles.....not a good idea inside. Its like flying a helicopter without a fbl unit. But that little sucker rips like that. I just flicked the gyro switch down to 2 and then 3. Not sure how i5 works yet because I ran out of batteries playing with it, but you can eliminate bank angles on it.
redsox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 08:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one, very nice to fly inside, better than the nanoQX, very very agile and... turns in very small space.

I just copied over the program of the nanoQX on the DX8, voilá, done... including trainer button for removing the stabilisation and having full power (red mode instead of blue, same as nanoQX). Played around with servo travels too.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought one at The Jamboree for my 9yr old. He loves it better than his 1XQ.

I have 7 spare batteries for it, I love zipping around the house with it. The thing is a blast.
wacojoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bought one today and test flew in living room tonight. It's a tiny thing but flies great. Will start teaching my 7 year old son tomorrow.
Yuppyflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My kids won one at IRCHA. I thought they looked ridiculous until I flew one. Best quad Blade has ever made. Fast, stable, and much more indoor-friendly than the Nano QX.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here! My son was one of the kids to get one Saturday night at IRCHA. We love the little thing.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Airetic

How durable would you guys say this thing is? I had a couple of PicoQX's that my kids and I would fly around the house, but my cat loves to bat them out of the air. They didnt last all that long.

This thing appears to be a little more durable, and maybe a little more friendly to the paws of my cat than my NanoQX.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
How durable would you guys say this thing is? I had a couple of PicoQX's that my kids and I would fly around the house, but my cat loves to bat them out of the air. They didnt last all that long.

This thing appears to be a little more durable, and maybe a little more friendly to the paws of my cat than my NanoQX.
It is very durable because it's very light. It bounces off of walls and keeps flying. I've crashed really hard in red mode and it held up well.
Bansheerider is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2015, 09:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fear the Spork!!

absolutely love this quad. its EDF quad. super durable , super stable. my friend who has zero experience with flying was able to hover and move around on his 2nd day. Great buy for sure.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is a fun little quad. It seems to be quieter too.
ronj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2015, 10:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
I'm sure it can be broken, but I'm honestly not sure how. I've been letting my 5- and 7-year-old fly it for several weeks now. Yesterday they had it inside a cage-match-style arena made out of laundry baskets and were just throwing it into all kinds of things to watch them crash and it keeps coming back for more.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just bought one of these and I love it. It is so quiet you can barely hear it after about 5 feet. I still haven't checked the battery life out but it's at least 5 minutes.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would put it in the nearly indestructible category. Never seen anything rc take a beating like this thing.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

The motors will eventually weaken and burn out, so it isn't exactly indestructible. But, that goes for anything using crappy little ten cent brushed motors. MMW motors to the rescue. Love them in my FPV nQX.
SamCSx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2015, 05:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew it at lhs and I was really liking the way it flies. I'd like to get one but don't want to spend the dough
Old 09-04-2015, 05:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

curious, does anyone have a part number for the motors that work from MMW?
mike4406 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

I too flew one at a hs a week and a half ago and had the best time flying a micro quad than ever before, and after flying rc heli a lot micro quads were different enough that they weren't instantly easy, this one was.
Icanfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike4406 View Post
curious, does anyone have a part number for the motors that work from MMW?
I'm sure they'll be out soon enough with the proper connector. It just looks like a standard 5mm (?) motor. I can't believe the stock motors are $11 each. Those tiny brushed motors are dirt cheap. Literally pennies apiece when bought in bulk. A full set of motors for this thing shouldn't cost more than $10 and they'd still be making a decent profit.
SamCSx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in