Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2015, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Beautiful weather, can't fly!!!!

It is beautiful today in SW Pennsylvania and I'm stuck at work all day. It is 75° and almost NO wind whatsoever. Very rare for November in Pittsburgh. Would love to be out flying, but gotta work all day so I can support my heli addiction. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2015, 07:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kla912000 View Post
It is beautiful today in SW Pennsylvania and I'm stuck at work all day. It is 75° and almost NO wind whatsoever. Very rare for November in Pittsburgh. Would love to be out flying, but gotta work all day so I can support my heli addiction. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.
Thats been my problem for over a month too, when its nice I am working or have to do something, my time I get to myself, it's been blowing 25-30mph winds, or raining, or I've been sick like this week.....:-( So i feel your pain!
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2015, 08:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain06 View Post
Thats been my problem for over a month too, when its nice I am working or have to do something, my time I get to myself, it's been blowing 25-30mph winds, or raining, or I've been sick like this week.....:-( So i feel your pain!
Really sucks, don't it? Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nice again up here. Hope to have a chance to go out for at least an hour or so. I guess I'll find out when tomorrow comes. Hope you get over your illness and get back out there. Wish you the best.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Really sucks, don't it? Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nice again up here. Hope to have a chance to go out for at least an hour or so. I guess I'll find out when tomorrow comes. Hope you get over your illness and get back out there. Wish you the best.
Thanks man, you too! Hope one of us gets some wind soon, the weather here is supposed to turn here next day or so, I should be going back to work tomorrow, but of course the rain will be coming in again this weekend too! :-(
500 Pro DFC
Old 11-03-2015, 10:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks man, you too! Hope one of us gets some wind soon, the weather here is supposed to turn here next day or so, I should be going back to work tomorrow, but of course the rain will be coming in again this weekend too! :-(
I'm switching to nite shift for the rest of the week so at least I'll be able to take a couple helis out during the day. Weekend isn't looking too good here either but the next couple of days should be OK.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm switching to nite shift for the rest of the week so at least I'll be able to take a couple helis out during the day. Weekend isn't looking too good here either but the next couple of days should be OK.
Yeah I work 2nd shift, i suppose if I got up like at 6 am and got to the field before 7, I could get some flights in, but then I'd have to rush around to get ready for work and such when I got back home. I don't dare leave my heli's and stuff in the car for fear of heat/thieves or the sort, so then I am regulated to just my days off.....although I am on vacation starting Friday! hehehe....surely I can get some flying in then!
500 Pro DFC
Old 11-04-2015, 08:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah I work 2nd shift, i suppose if I got up like at 6 am and got to the field before 7, I could get some flights in, but then I'd have to rush around to get ready for work and such when I got back home. I don't dare leave my heli's and stuff in the car for fear of heat/thieves or the sort, so then I am regulated to just my days off.....although I am on vacation starting Friday! hehehe....surely I can get some flying in then!
Must be nice to have a vacation. Working on the wellpads, I really don't get a vacation. Just 1 day off a week. But I don't start til 4pm everyday and done around 1am so at least I get some time late morning to fly for a bit.

Having your vacation will be nice. Should still have decent weather down there in Texas to get some flying in.

Gonna take my 250 and 450 pro out for a bit right now. Still have to tweak the tail a bit on my 250. But overall it flies pretty nice.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Must be nice to have a vacation. Working on the wellpads, I really don't get a vacation. Just 1 day off a week. But I don't start til 4pm everyday and done around 1am so at least I get some time late morning to fly for a bit.

Having your vacation will be nice. Should still have decent weather down there in Texas to get some flying in.

Gonna take my 250 and 450 pro out for a bit right now. Still have to tweak the tail a bit on my 250. But overall it flies pretty nice.
I won't mention I get 5 weeks a year then...,oh ooops
But dang I've been here 28 years should get something for that!
Hope the flying goes good!
Yeah I used to work that mid shift years ago....
Man got my golf handicap down low! Lol
500 Pro DFC
Old 11-04-2015, 08:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I won't mention I get 5 weeks a year then...,oh ooops
But dang I've been here 28 years should get something for that!
Hope the flying goes good!
Yeah I used to work that mid shift years ago....
Man got my golf handicap down low! Lol
I like the 2nd shift the most. I'm always up early and can't sleep during the day so it works out good for me. I get home about 1:30am, shower then sleep for a few hours then have the rest of the day to get some flying in.

Crashed my HK250 today. Feathering spindle broke in mid flight, blades went flying and heli went straight to the ground. Thank god I was flying in the middle of a football field and nobody was around. Could've been ugly. I've never seen that happen before. Another quality HK spindle. Gonna rebuild everything with Align parts.

On a different note, the 450 pro flew like a dream. This heli couldn't be better. It flies beautifully.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awe man sorry to hear. I wish I'd known you were running the HK feathering shaft in it, when I had my 250, I changed to an Align when I read reports of the heli doing just that with HK shaft.
Glad you got good flights from the 450 though. That helps ease the pain of the 250 deal...
500 Pro DFC
Old 11-04-2015, 10:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Awe man sorry to hear. I wish I'd known you were running the HK feathering shaft in it, when I had my 250, I changed to an Align when I read reports of the heli doing just that with HK shaft.
Glad you got good flights from the 450 though. That helps ease the pain of the 250 deal...
I didn't know that they were prone to doing that. I guess it's a lesson learned. Now I have 2 helis that need rebuilt. The SR and now the HK250. But, yes, the 450 definitely eased the pain a bit.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I didn't know that they were prone to doing that. I guess it's a lesson learned. Now I have 2 helis that need rebuilt. The SR and now the HK250. But, yes, the 450 definitely eased the pain a bit.
I just happened to run across some fellas talking about it really, not sure if it's widespread or an issue after a certain amount of flights or what but it's an issue I reckon, your like the 3rd person I have heard that happening to.
Oh if you want an Align main gear for it NIP I'll send it to ya. I hate to throw it away.
500 Pro DFC
Old 11-05-2015, 06:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just happened to run across some fellas talking about it really, not sure if it's widespread or an issue after a certain amount of flights or what but it's an issue I reckon, your like the 3rd person I have heard that happening to.
Oh if you want an Align main gear for it NIP I'll send it to ya. I hate to throw it away.
Yeah, that would be great! Every little part will help. If you want, I can PM my address to you if you feel like sending it. Just let me know how much the shipping is and I can PayPal it to you or however you want to work it out. It's nice to have a friend like you that is willing to help people. I'm not used to that. I don't have that around here. Couldn't tell you how much it would be appreciated. Just let me know.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah, that would be great! Every little part will help. If you want, I can PM my address to you if you feel like sending it. Just let me know how much the shipping is and I can PayPal it to you or however you want to work it out. It's nice to have a friend like you that is willing to help people. I'm not used to that. I don't have that around here. Couldn't tell you how much it would be appreciated. Just let me know.
Will do!
500 Pro DFC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in