Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setting up the swash....

How do you guys set up the swash on the Frenzy.
This is my first ever nitro heli. I have a couple of Trex450's and have the true blood swash tool for them, but not sure where to go on this one. I could eyeball it but I am sure that will bite me in the a$$ later.
I really want to set this up right from the beginning.
Are there any links to setting up this bird? The manual is kind of vague.

Also I was wondering if a header tank is needed. I noticed that not to many people run them.
But just about every other brand heli I see is using one...
crashagain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The swash is setup just like any other CCPM heli unless you are setting up for 140 degree CCPM. The following instructions are for a standard 120 swash setting. If your radio does not have a 140 swash setting and you want to setup for 140 configuration then you can always use a programmable mix of elevator to pitch. This will mix out the swash plate movement up and down when using elevator.
  1. Start with cleared model memory.
  2. Set the correct swash setting in the radio depending on type you are using (120 CCPM or 140CCPM).
  3. Set the correct direction of each servo if necessary.
  4. Find the best control horn for the servos so they are at 90 degrees while all sticks are centered. Use as little sub trim as possible to get the servos centered.
  5. Adjust the links if necessary to the lengths called out in the manual to start with. Adjust servo to bell cranks so the cranks are at a perfect 90 degree orientation.
  6. Adjust the links from the bell cranks up to the swash so the swash is level using any tool you prefer. I personally like the eyeball method as I can see when it is level no problem. Note: Must be at half collective stick during this alignment and there is no need to have the head on at this point in the alignment.
  7. Adjust the endpoints of each swash servo so the swash plate is level throughout the extrema range of motion (top and bottom). The type setting you use depends on the radio you have. Do not use radio settings to level the swash plate in the center of stick travel since we already accomplished this through mechanical means.
  8. Put the head on and work your way up the rest of the links in the head so that the washout arms and mixing arms on blade grips are level when pitch reads zero degrees. Note the fly bar should be level when measuring pitch.
  9. Adjust the overall endpoint travel of the swash plate so you get the +-11 or +-12 degrees pitch. The pitch curve must be linear when making this adjustment.
I don't use a header tank since I am using a fuel magnet clunck and it works fantastic. I did try to use a header tank at first with this model but I kept having leaks in the header tank that made the engine lean out on me so I removed it in favor of the fuel magnet.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply..
I ordered the swash tool and have the head all setup now. Everything looks great, I am really impressed with this kit.
I have been noticing alot of people talking about fuel magnets, so I ordered one.

What kind of cyclic pitch should I aim for?
I plan on tossing it around in the air once I get used to it and would like it setup as tight as my 450..
crashagain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have mine set for +-11.5 right now and run the head speed at 2160.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in