Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Msr vs Msrx

Ok I want to hear from those who have had and flown both. Just how much better is the msrx over the old msr.

I have had 2 msr's and love them but my 2nd one is getting pretty worn out and I want to replace it.

I am about to hit the buy button on the msrx but want to get some intel first.
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly both, if you want the ease of flying of the msr by all means rebuild it and buy spare parts while you can. The MSRX is a totally different flying experience, it flys nothing like the msr. Very aggressive, moves very quick and takes much more concentration and sharper skill to control. A good radio like the DX6i or better helps but you have to keep ahead of it or it gets away. Out of the box it seems alot of them don't fly that great, mine sure didn't but with some work it flies boat loads better now. If you want a good challenge and have the patience this is your bird lol.....
Jakk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

What sort of work are you talking about? Stick time, or tweaks on the bird?
dsmithla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have both love them the same msr is easy to fly just stock up on fly bars they wear out quick.

the msrX has been modded unmodded almost as much as i have flown it, has some quirks but still fun to fly

Havent broken anything yet, but tomorrow is another day. hehehe!
oh BTW I am using the LP5DSM transmitter that came with the CX2
Flatearthman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatearthman View Post
I have both love them the same msr is easy to fly just stock up on fly bars they wear out quick.

the msrX has been modded unmodded almost as much as i have flown it, has some quirks but still fun to fly

Havent broken anything yet, but tomorrow is another day. hehehe!
oh BTW I am using the LP5DSM transmitter that came with the CX2
There is a mod for the msr that takes care of wearing out the flybar. I saw it on one of these forums about a year and a half ago. It consists of installing a brass ball on the main shaft where the flybar rides. Then using a ream to enlarge the hole in the flybar. This provides a much larger surface area for the flybar to ride on.

After doing this mod I have not worn out the flybar. What usually happens is you end up breaking it after numerous hard crashes.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with jakk, But ill add its live mSR versus mini MCPX.
Dasfriek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had an chance to fly an msrx this morning. It's not like the msr. The guy that bought it will have a lot of trouble learning to fly this bird. He would have had no trouble learning to fly the msr. But knowing him, he will probably tire of crashing and never buy another heli. E-flite should have continued to make the old msr. It was a great learning tool. Almost simulator like. I think this harder to fly version will turn a lot of newbs off.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjm5837 View Post
I had an chance to fly an msrx this morning. It's not like the msr. The guy that bought it will have a lot of trouble learning to fly this bird. He would have had no trouble learning to fly the msr. But knowing him, he will probably tire of crashing and never buy another heli. E-flite should have continued to make the old msr. It was a great learning tool. Almost simulator like. I think this harder to fly version will turn a lot of newbs off.
Point well taken. I was that newb a couple of years and my first heli was the msr.

That being said the msr x being flybarless I would think you could adjust it to fly just about any way you desire. I just put a beastx on my 500 and am amazed just how adjustable it is.

Am I mistaken to assume that the msr x combined with a dx7 transmitter will also be very adjustable regarding flight characteristics?
Old 12-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Problem is this guy is just starting out in R/C and minimal investment is key. His only Tx is an older spectrum dx5. Not adjustable. Wouldn't have been a problem with the old msr. He wants to get interested in the hobby but some people need instant success to maintain interest he won't get it from this bird with a dx5. He will quit and probably never really get the bug. Wonder how many other newbs will leave the hobby because of this bird. Just a shame thats all.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmithla View Post
What sort of work are you talking about? Stick time, or tweaks on the bird?
That would be both, stick time is much more enjoyable when you have a heli that does what it's supposed to when it's supposed to.

Grommets on all the ball links to remove slop, new MH aluminum grips remove more slop on the feathering shaft to grip fitment. Extreme skids for mcpx to run 180 hyperions, skids are adjustable and fit perfectly also much stronger than stock. Mix in the tx for better left yaw control, D/R dropped back to 70%.

Got to fly outdoors this morning before the rains set in in calm wind, fast, controlable and fun, no crashes, did I say fast lol
Old 12-31-2011, 12:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

there is no instant gratification when it comes to helis unless you enjoy crashing
Flatearthman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2011, 12:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatearthman View Post
there is no instant gratification when it comes to helis unless you enjoy crashing
Very true, but in the end most times it's worth the effort.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I've Crashed both

I spent alot of time chasing, repairing and learning with my mSR after spending close to $500 trying to make a CX-2 an outside bird with no flying skill at all. The mCX hooked me. The mSR was a dragster but for the good of all involved stayed mostly out side for the early mornings, last light, and the dog days of August. Thundewr Power 160's/25C have always been a friend of mine. I love my lhs, but when amainhobbies came out with the mSR X basic for $119, I needed some other bats and parts to add, they had a $12 coupon, I had $5 in buyers bucks. the mSR X Basic BNF was delivered free, tax-free, two days later. It was removed from the most incredible small and protective packaging Blade has finally evolved too, I but in my TP160 and I already have a gazzilion chargers, I bound it up to my DCX8 with a simple bind, and hovored and flew it in a 10 x10 room and then around the house. I am a better flier, but this is a better helo. Protected in packaging, and in flight with the rear motor cage and moved board. For less than $100 I will enjoy this similiar, but more powerful, beefed up flyer. I'm satisfied, and I've crashed almost everything (affordable) eflight and Parkzone have put out, fixed and rotor. :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in