Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HC-3SX in which heli

OK, so all my helis are fly barred. I have 2 TT50 pieces, 1 TT90SE, 1 450 Trex.
The TT50's are nice pieces, but old V1 stuff, so not worth much money. I may start with the 3sx in these and if I wad (when) them up no big deal. They are cheap to fix too.
Questions:
1) Does the 3sx include a gov function?
2) Am I pissing in the wind using a 3sx on a fly bar machine?
3) If so, which FBL head is cheap?

Thanks
Wags

BTW, I have a JR9303 and am no 3d guy, but these are good pieces to learn with HAHA
wagspe208 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, so all my helis are fly barred. I have 2 TT50 pieces, 1 TT90SE, 1 450 Trex.
The TT50's are nice pieces, but old V1 stuff, so not worth much money. I may start with the 3sx in these and if I wad (when) them up no big deal. They are cheap to fix too.
Questions:
1) Does the 3sx include a gov function? No it does not at present
2) Am I pissing in the wind using a 3sx on a fly bar machine? Expensive piece of hardware not to use to its fullest extent
3) If so, which FBL head is cheap? RJX, cost effective and well designed.

Thanks
Wags

BTW, I have a JR9303 and am no 3d guy, but these are good pieces to learn with HAHA

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Roger, thanks.
I will look at the RJX head.
I figured the HC with a flybarred HC was a waste. This is probably the right route to go as I have a ton of spares too.
Does the Skookum have a built in gov? Or I need an external gov no matter what?
Thanks
Wags
Old 10-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I do not believe so..but I could be mistaken...But they are more sensitive to vibration..

Here is a HC3-SX in a 800 class bird..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sIrkcI9kAg[/ame]

Old 10-16-2011, 04:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagspe208 View Post
Does the Skookum have a built in gov? Or I need an external gov no matter what?
Yes it does since v3 firmware and it works quite well, I have it on TR700N. Got about 25 flights in since I built it back in April and still got too much vibrations for the SK720 self-level to work. Flies very well, but no SL. The excess vibration is on engine frequency, so still trying to find a solution, but will probably move SK720 to an electric heli and switch to MB + CP2 combo on TR700N.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, I gather IF I want self level I NEED the HC 3SX because the Skookum is to sensitive to vib.
The HK has a gov. (I tried downloading the manual from HC site, but keep getting an error).
IF I don't want the SL then I can get much cheaper FBL units?
Thanks
Wags
Old 10-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

if self leveling, stabilization or "bail out" function is not needed you can look @ BeastX FBL..best bang for the buck IMHO

Old 10-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, I think I've decieded. Just to make sure.
The HC 3SX DOES have a gov?
I toss my 401 gyro, and the 3sx does gyro, fbl, gov, and receiver? Spektrum compatable?
Thanks
Wags
Old 10-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The hc3-sx does not have a governor. It can be used with a flybar or a flybarless setup. It has several different types of bailout functions including self leveling with pitch. Meaning it will level itself and then climb whether inverted or rightside up. It rolls to the closest level position then adds appriate pitch Neg. or Pos. If your unfamiliar with the attitude inverted leave the bailout switch on and use elevator or aileron to roll it right side up, and then turn it off. While the bailout is on using the elevator or aileron the rest of the stabilization is still active. I have not tried it on nitro but I was told by the dealer that it works with nitros just as well as electrics not near as sensitive as the skookum. Esprit models has been very helpful on setup. You can use either sbus, spectrum sats, or a receiver. If your looking for a unit that has self-level it is a great choice, but if you don't need it there are alot of other options cheaper. There is a website called ************** that did a review on the hc3-extreme(same as hc3-sx but no self-level) that was very useful for setting up.
Blade 400, Hitec 65mg's, JR290 w/Fut. 401, stock esc w/Sport Bec, Sonic head and tail
Fairview is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in