Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Do I get banned for this? Problem with seller Inverse

There has been a recent thread where some idiot had a go at Dannylightning...who has always been a great guy, and the guy who made the attack quite rightly got banned, permanently, and rightly so.

I hope I don't suffer the same fate, but I do have something to say in respect of another HeliFreak member.

Many months ago I started a thread on why you guys in the USA don't ship internationally. I sell a lot of stuff online, just coming onto my 1000th sale, hopefully this week. I treat everyone I sell to as my 'special-little-buddy'. I thank them for giving me their money and allowing me to make a very small amount of cash. I always post their item the same day as payment is received, sometimes this means I do it during my lunch hour. I then always post confirmation of shipping, if people are going to trust me, even for $10 I feel that they should not have to worry.

Anyway, after opening the thread on why people from the USA won't ship internationally (and reading the responses and agreeing with them, lol), a member here from Australia offered me a CY gyro. I bought it, and it arrived within normal delivery time, I was very happy. I then purchased a Trex 250. Delivery was a major issue, but once it arrived (5 weeks later) I was very happy (some things he said weren't quite right but no great probs)

So then he offered me an mCP X. 5 weeks later, it hasn't arrived. So I contacted him via pm here, and he told me he had been 'at sea' for a month'...ummm, it was sent 5 weeks ago, not sure how that affects postage...anyway I just simply asked for postage confirmation. This was 2 weeks ago, still nothing in response, so I am now 7 weeks since payment, no repsonse. Yes, this member has been on here (twice) and has ignored my requests for confirmation of shipping. As I say, I waited 5 weeks before asking and then waited another 2 weeks, so 7 weeks all-up...oh..Inverse is his sign-in =(
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I doubt you get banned.......pretty sure your thread will be moved to the appropriate forum, though.
GunnyGlow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 06:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

very sorry the transaction is not going smoothly, and I agree the lack of communication is unjustified.
I believe this thread might get moved, but doubt you will be banned
Old 05-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Inverse is active on the forums a lot, and even as of yesterday, and within the last week has been flying his heli's so he must be home I'm sure. Sounds like you might have got ripped off. Make a post in the scammer forum with screenshots of your PM's.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Interesting....

You certainly won't get banned for posting this but these types of threads don't go in the main forum.

I have also had very good luck with used items I have bought and sold.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Wow you guys are quick and also correct. I am moving this to the right forum. Toonttn you should post evidence of payment and whatever other pertinent info to better present your side of the deal and then the ball is in his court.

I help people almost daily with deals they are having problems with and this is a typical scenario. Most times they work out so don't give up yet.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey Will,

You are 100% correct, and thanks for taking the time to comment.

With my dealings with Inverse I have had nothing but success. I am not sure why this has become an issue. All he had to do was send me a message saying when it had been posted. After the issues we had with the Trex 250 I explained to him that I import a lot of gear and I do realize that sometimes (quite often) things get, shall we say, 'misplaced'. But delivery does happen.

As to the reason why I posted it in the main forum? simply because I emailed him and said if he didn't respond, then I would post it in the main.

I can quite simply post copies off my original PayPal (15/3) or even my original 'sales' agreement (pm here). I can also post my 2 follow up pm's and my one email.

Either way, I am just following through. The purchase of an mCP X that doesn't arrive doesn't exactly break my bank-balance..maybe if that full size huey I ordered doesn't turn up then I might have to re-think things, lol.

Either way, this is just name-and-shame..let's be honest, everyone here is pretty damn reliable, Inverse to me was a great guy..but if he is not going to even respond to my very patient emails (5 weeks later) then he deserves to be named -and-shamed?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Inverse pops into Chat semi-regularly.. You might try in there and see if you can get an answer.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Does the silence reflect resolution?
GunnyGlow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow almost 10 days and still no response? I have seen Inverse around the forums for the last couple years and like most other users here thought of him as an upstanding guy from reading his posts. Its sad to see no response as time goes on from him. If someone called me out for a thief I would be in the thread immediately to prove otherwise.

Chris_M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users ):>

I've talked to inverse on skype and this HF chat. He isnt the type to not send something.
So my guess is him being at sea is the truth, I have not seen him log into skype or seen him in the chat for about 2-3 weeks.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

The user who was banned was banned because he was acting like a total asshat not just because of the random seemingly unfounded attacks on DL

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Im not replying on the inverse scenario, but more to the fact that you internationally ship. I like that. I hate when sellers won't ship to Canada, because they think its to much hassel?? I pay any extra shipping and handling costs..

So, that said, what you want to sell me hehehhe
"Tri-Flow"
I put that S*** on everything!"
banditpowdercoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
Im not replying on the inverse scenario, but more to the fact that you internationally ship. I like that. I hate when sellers won't ship to Canada, because they think its to much hassel?? I pay any extra shipping and handling costs..

So, that said, what you want to sell me hehehhe

Please don't derail the OP's thread, this is not about you and international shipping.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=321406

Regards,
Mike
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 01:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPilot View Post
Please don't derail the OP's thread, this is not about you and international shipping.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=321406

Regards,
Mike
Excuse me?? I was making a comment thx very much... Last time I looked, HF was free fro posting. Not derailing and I said that pretty much........
"Tri-Flow"
I put that S*** on everything!"
banditpowdercoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 02:12 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
Excuse me?? I was making a comment thx very much... Last time I looked, HF was free fro posting. Not derailing and I said that pretty much........
Please be considerate of the OP's thread regarding how the sale went sour.

You can open a thread about international shipping, free, no charge

Thanks for understanding.
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Not going to take sides but Inverse lives in the middle of no-where (in the middle of no-where inside Australia ... no-where^2??) and I have heard of some insane shipping delays and times on items he bought. I hope that is the case here, he never seemed as the flaky type to me.

p.s. Inverse does run a dive business so he does go out on a boat alot
Old 05-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks like he was just on last night at 9pm...I wonder if he has been in contact with toonttm

Chris_M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just popped into chat and received advice this was here so thought I would reply and try to resolve things.
I have sold Toonttm 2 items in the past and everything went smoothly except for some silly shipping times.
I recently sold him my mCPX, then went away for work and study for about 5 weeks. I left the mCPX to be posted, but this was unfortunately overlooked.
I honestly didn't really do emails or forums to any extent during that time (as is evidence by my lack of posting) and if I did it was only a quick glance. I do apologise for not picking up on the PMs and it was only when I got back I realised I had a PayPal case open against me.
I have since posted the mCPX as registered post and furnished Toonttm with the details, I have just seen my PayPal case is resolved so I do hope that Toonttm has since received it. If you haven't received it yet, I can refund your money immediately, (as was the offer when the 250 took a millennia to get to you)
I also popped a few extra odds and sods (AR6100 and an AR7000 plus a few other bits) in there to hopefully smooth over any harsh feelings.
Toonttm, I am sorry that it came to this as although this is totally my fault, it's a shame to see so many people jump to immediate conclusions without ever hearing the other side of the story or even waiting for the input.
I hope I haven't let out too many scammer style excuses, but I sincerely only just saw this thread and am posting after (I believe) this has been resolved, outside of HF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_M View Post
Wow almost 10 days and still no response? I have seen Inverse around the forums for the last couple years and like most other users here thought of him as an upstanding guy from reading his posts. Its sad to see no response as time goes on from him. If someone called me out for a thief I would be in the thread immediately to prove otherwise.
As I said Chris, I have been extremely busy with work and honestly haven't frequented HF at all over the last few months, it is only today I am being made aware of this thread.
So I'm stating now that I am not a thief and I hope people see this as a genuine mistake.
I'll also PM Toonttm to make him aware of this thread.
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 01:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Case closed , mCP X turned up 2 days ago...which was great as the tracking number didn't tell me anything, which is more of an Australia Post issue than anything else. All-in-all another great deal from Inverse.

About to sit down and hassle the wife by flying the mCP X in the lounge!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in