Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 550 Class Electric Helicopters

550 Class Electric Helicopters 550 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 02:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 550e ( 3G) or Logo for the second Heli...??

hi all ..
I just join in this hobby for not long ( almost 8 months ) . i have been practicing with the MSH Protos 500 . Love to have the 550e ( 3G ) but just wonder what about the Logo ..I dont like the look of it ,,but i heard a lots saying it is well made , well fly ...well design...

anyone of us have the Logo or have flew it ...or lucky enough to own both ( logo & 550e 3G ) please give me some comparison ..
thanks
( BTW ..i don't know which Logo is the same side as the 550e 3G ) my guess is the Logo 500
hoa888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2010, 02:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Check out the Outrage 550. Decent starting price (more then the T-Rex but you will upgrade everything on the t-rex anyway costing more) and parts are dirt cheap plus it's durable. Swings 550mm compared to the 520mm that the Rex swings. The Logo swings 500mm I think but can be stretched to 550mm. Another option would be a Gaui X5. Very very good starting price at flying-hobby for the FBL version. Swings 500mm. I was actually looking at that or the Outrage but ended up going with the Outrage because I'd rather stomach the money up first and have a cheaper cost of owning. Both have good backings on the forum so don't worry about that. It's your choice both are great flying helis. So is the logo but it's pricey up front and to own. I'd say forget about the T-Rex but the choice is up to you I can only offer opinion.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 04:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You could try a 550E with an SK720 instead of the 3G.

Mine flies like its on rails, very locked in and precise, almost like flying the simulator, couldn't really ask for more.

Parts are cheap and plentiful as it shares a lot of parts with the Trex 600.

Cheers,

Heath
heath9069 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't comment on outrage or logo, but there's no need to update anything on TRex (so it should be cheaper) and yes, you can swing 520 up to 553 blades.

For FBL go mini v-bar or beastx

Francesco
ziper_it is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is really no need to upgrade the T Rex 550!! The 3G FBL system works fine too.
And spare parts are available everywhere for many years.
Wolfi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

logo
chrismechanic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 12:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

3G works yea but if that's the only thing you have tried you don't know what your missing!
Old 12-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Keep and eye on parts availability for the Logo before you decide.

Having your own parts on hand for a fast turn around after a mishap is common.
From what I have seen (when I was thinking about a Logo), replacing those parts could take some time.
halfcab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

GrandRC sells the FBL T550 stripped down with only what you want in the kit...so a Vbar T550 can be done cheaply. I'm really liking mine
SidewaysLS4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Obviously I own a TRex 550 now as you can see in my signature, but I have owned the Logo 500 as well and loved it. It was a great model. I also owned the Logo 600, which was amazing as well. I would rather have the Logo 500 as a second heli rather than the Trex 550. Don't get me wrong, the 550 flies great, but the Logo 500 was so light and nimble, plus parts are cheaper. The Logo 500 flew amazing, only to be topped by its bigger brother the 600.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just don't sell them
markleyland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You should have posted in the main forum. When you post questions like this in one of the helis forum you will always get the for opinion of the one that you posted it in. Best to post it where you could get all opinions. I have never owned a trex bigger then a 450 but I can tell you, seeing as how everyone at my field has align, I wouldn't buy one bigger then that. I wouldn't even buy a logo there way to pricey and at the end of the day there plastic.. And I'm not a CF fanboy, I like G-10 the best.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
You should have posted in the main forum. When you post questions like this in one of the helis forum you will always get the for opinion of the one that you posted it in. Best to post it where you could get all opinions. I have never owned a trex bigger then a 450 but I can tell you, seeing as how everyone at my field has align, I wouldn't buy one bigger then that. I wouldn't even buy a logo there way to pricey and at the end of the day there plastic.. And I'm not a CF fanboy, I like G-10 the best.
Ummmm, I voted for the Logo along with someone else. The Trex is great, but I prefer the Logo helis.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a Trex 550 FBL with all the stock equipment from Align & a Logo 600SE with their V-bar. The Logo feels more locked in , very smooth & more agile than the Align.
aviatorflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 08:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

They are all good. It all depends how deep your pocket is when it comes to the heli industry.
FlyNHelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 08:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yea but most people vote for what they own. The people at my field are always tweaking there's or doing something.... I don't want that.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

i own a highly modified align 550e and it is wicked.

but if cost of ownership is not an issue i'd go with the logo hands downs.

i'm able to fly the align at close to cost but the logo would require full retail thru readyheli.

which is why i currently fly the 550e. the only reason. saves me about 30% or more on parts and such which is nice when you got a daughter about to go to college. TCU to boot it appears.

other wise i'd be waiting on a logo 700 with the best power system available.
philipfrank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipfrank View Post
i own a highly modified align 550e and it is wicked.

but if cost of ownership is not an issue i'd go with the logo hands downs.

i'm able to fly the align at close to cost but the logo would require full retail thru readyheli.

which is why i currently fly the 550e. the only reason. saves me about 30% or more on parts and such which is nice when you got a daughter about to go to college. TCU to boot it appears.

other wise i'd be waiting on a logo 700 with the best power system available.
+1,, Mikado makes a great heli. I can't wait to own a Logo again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in