Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters

Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosp View Post
I put my order for a Diabolo today.
Have to say this is my current favourite heli
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
Have to say this is my current favourite heli
Not to beat a dead horse, but can you compare it a bit more against the TDR?

How is the sound quality? The TDR is very quiet and has a really nice sound to it. How does the Diabolo sound in flight?

I've heard the comment that it feels a bit smoother than the TDR, but is it much different otherwise? The reason I ask is that I recently upgraded my SK-720 firmware and I've noticed my helis seem to fly smoother, almost more organically. I don't know exactly how to describe that.

I understand it can handle a more powerful motor stock, but I'm wondering if the TDR with new intermediate gear and frame stiffeners would handle similar powerplants.

I'm thinking that the key difference is that the Diabolo may handle much higher head speeds without creating as many vibrations as the TDR TT creates. Has anyone flown a Diabolo with an SK-720 and could give me an idea what kind of vibrations the Diabolo has.

Even with a V-Bar are you getting high vibration warnings at higher head speeds with the Diabolo ?
Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally maidened mine today!

Only 5 flights so far, but it runs more silent than my TDR. I think Diabolo feels mechanically smoother.
Just a barely audible whisper from mechanics at low hs.

A fellow pilot coincidentally maidened his 3rd batch Goblin at the field today too, first one I've seen live. Must admit that it impressed me more than I thought it would.
He also mentioned how silent the Diabolo ran, way quieter than his Goblin btw, but obviously some difference in rotor rpm...

Old 05-07-2012, 03:57 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why is it called Diabolo? Isn't that a juggling game with two sticks and the cupped toy?
Shouldn't it be Diablo? Ie devil.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:44 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

How about vibrations? TDR vs. Diabolo in terms of extreme or warning from V-Bar units at higher head speeds?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunter View Post
Why is it called Diabolo? Isn't that a juggling game with two sticks and the cupped toy?
Shouldn't it be Diablo? Ie devil.
Copied and pasted from minicopter site :

"Why "Diabolo"?

A diabolo is a toy with which you can show tricks after some practice, like a 3D heli. A diabolo is however also a rifle-bullet for target shooting, which can be equated with speed flying. When the first canopy was completed, a friend was present at the model aircraft field and he has a spontaneous declared a third meaning when he looked at this new design: "That's the devil!" Anyone who looks at the canopy closely will certainly discover what he means. This detail is to prevent tearing of the canopy in the area of the aileron servos from frequent removal. This newly designed shape still matches the Joker family perfectly! However, it is clearly a few inches higher, and a bit narrower, making it much more aerodynamic in flight."

Quite obvious really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
How about vibrations? TDR vs. Diabolo in terms of extreme or warning from V-Bar units at higher head speeds?
I don't check the log for vibrations. It flies great, no visible shakes, so as long there is no problems, all is ok as far as I'm concerned... Sorry.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't really know if i am guilty or not for checking vibrations, but I never checked any vibrarations on my vbar for 6 of my helis including the TDR. I just trust my build and pay meticulous attention to details when building. Out of few hundred flights I have done so far I was lucky enough to not had unwanted experiences related to vbar. I may change my attitude if i experienced one costing me a heli ,

Congrats DumbThumb on your maiden. I recieved my Diabolo Kit 10 days ago and I plan to build it in July after a long oversees trip coming up in June. I have pretty much everything ready in terms of electronics. I will be using Xera 4530-500 that I just shipped to Europe to have it hand rewound for better efficiency, hopefully by July the Kosmik 200 will be released so i can use it on this motor. This machine will be dedicated for speed
Old 05-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well done on the maiden dumbthumb.
My bird is still down.....waiting for the radix V2 to become available in the UK. Should be soon.
Playing with the 600pro. Had some vibrations on that, that caused the swash to pull backward in flight, Vbar. This is the first time I looked into vibrations. Turned out I needed a new motor. All OK now.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by abanihani View Post
I recieved my Diabolo Kit 10 days ago and I plan to build it in July after a long oversees trip coming up in June.
The definition of self control.
I would have built it crashed it and rebuilt it by now.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsodhi View Post
Well done on the maiden dumbthumb.
My bird is still down.....waiting for the radix V2 to become available in the UK. Should be soon.
Playing with the 600pro. Had some vibrations on that, that caused the swash to pull backward in flight, Vbar. This is the first time I looked into vibrations. Turned out I needed a new motor. All OK now.
This is one reason I really like the SK-720 because you can monitor what your vibrations look like and based on the frequency you can narrow down where the problem is.

You can also baseline your heli when it is running perfectly and check in periodically to see if there are any bearings going out etc..

This is also useful after a rebuild to verify that you didn't miss something that needed replacing.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsodhi View Post
The definition of self control.
I would have built it crashed it and rebuilt it by now.
Not really man, I have no self control, thats for sure . It is just really getting busy at work and having too many helis around to keep company. Yesterday I went to the field with 4 of them including the TDR, between the 4 I did 18 flights and that consumed the whole day. I am not in a rush especially that the motor and ESC are not ready yet. Both hopefully will be ready by July. I may just go to IRSCHA and compete for the speed run this year
Old 05-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
You can also baseline your heli when it is running perfectly and check in periodically to see if there are any bearings going out etc..

This is also useful after a rebuild to verify that you didn't miss something that needed replacing.
Good point. I'll start to mess about with the Vbar analyser a bit more and get accustomed to it.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me too, i will start looking at my log after flights to see if there are surprises i am not aware of, we always learn new things in this hoppy which make it even more fun
Old 05-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks guys.

Can't wait to put some more flights on it.

Forgot the V-bar also has vibration analyzer in pc software, but it's a brand new heli, so ...

Don't know if it's my computer, V unit, software or something else, but I had to use the V-bar control panel for 85- 90% of setup.. No analyzer there.

FWIW :There seemed to be some sort of communication error when using pc/ usb. The connection bar was constantly showing "sending data - please wait", followed by a split second showing "ready", but instantly showing "sending data..." again. After a while I got "timeout" and "communication error".
I moved on with setup regardless, but when configuring tx, one stick movement took 3- 4 mins. to register on the screen, again "timeout", so I gave up after a full night of trying to program it via usb.
I also upgraded from 5.2 express to pro, no communication errors then. It helped a lot at first, but not for long...

I gave up and did the rest with the panel.

At least I now feel confident with field adjusting via the control panel. Never dared to use it for the TDR, in case I ****** it up...

Derailing the thread here. Sorry, just had to tell someone...
Old 05-08-2012, 05:00 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for your woes. How about uninstalling and reinstalling the software on the PC. The pro update is on the Vbar so you do not have to worry about losing that.
It may work. Other than that, try Mr Mel on the Vbar forum?
Old 05-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #36 (permalink)
HF Support

All USB ports are not created equal, try a different port and maybe a different lead - connect it all up before powering up the vbar
Old 05-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I uninstalled, and then downloaded and installed pc software. Tried all usb ports too, I spent 2 nights from around 11pm to 8-9am. I've tried everything...

I got there in the end, but all the frustration is still fresh in my mind. For the time being I'm done with it. Haven't plugged in the V from the TDR to see if that one works as it should, either... That unit was only setup via usb, no prob.

I will investigate further when the nightmare starts to fade...

Last edited by DT75; 05-08-2012 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: clarification...
DT75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try device manager, uninstall USB driver ,reinstall

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pretty sure Vbar soft is java language, which has a tendency to be slow and get slower. I would not discard reinstalling java.

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have it available, try another pc.
Preferably one with a slightly different operating system on it (ie if you have windows 7 64bit, try windows 7 32bit, or windows xp).

Also try a different usb cable (although from all your testing you've probably done this already). I've had a cable go bad on an external hard drive and it was giving all kinds of weird interactions. Swapped it out and bam, good as new.
Dan E is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in