Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setting up Kontronik Jive 80+ HV on trex

Can anyone offer some words of wisdom on setting up my Kontronik Jive 80+ HV V9 ESC on my now stretched 700e-800. I have the heli mechanically set up and now working on the electronics. I am also using Helicommand Rigid for now. So far I have set up the external gy520 gyro. Now I need some Jive setup advice. Then it is on to setting up the Helicommand.

I have both of the programming cards I & II. I am waiting an a 4 cell nicd battery but don't have it yet. Can I run the program cards with a lipo run through a CC BEC at 4.8v? Instructions are quite specific about using 4 cell nicd battery. This would be just for set-up, not my backup battery for my Rx.

For Programming I have heard to go with mode 11, but have not found any specific settings used for AP use. Besides just programming the modes, are there other settings I should be concerned with? I am running Xera 4035 4y-300kv motor with the KDE 112 main and starting with 12t pinion. 12S 5000 batteries. Futaba T8FG radio.

Any advice would be appreciated.
tahoelight is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=262931
yeehaanow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have read that post, and it is very helpful. I was still a bit confused about using mode 11. I'll post a question over in that forum. Since there are a few 700e-800 stretches in the AP forum, I though I would post here. Still looking for some input.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

KDE 112 Main gear?
KDE 115.
buhojean is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 12:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

sorry, my bad. Yes I meant 115. I have a slant 112/12t ready to go if needed, but will try the KDE 115/12t first.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Always tons of reading. Gotta dig deep.
I am going to program mode 1, 9, 11, 10.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the 120hv jive. Pretty much the same unit as the 80hv only for more voltage. I used the Progcard ll only for setting voltage output and a couple others. I used my Tx to program the initial 1-11 settings per manual. The jumper from the esc that also plugs into the Rx esc port goes to the Progcard ll esc jack. Plug your flight batteries into the esc and the card will light up and wait for your input. This is done with the motor backed off of the main gear or disconnected entirely. I could never make the card work with just my 5.8v futaba NiCad pack.
When the Jive first "boots up" the series of beeps the motor makes(2 I think) are how many cells detected in the lipo pack. My 10s 600 would give two beeps five times.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in