Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Koko Technology sells Spektrum Counterfeits

It's been posted before, but I think repeating won't hurt:

In addition to Futaba gyros and servos, and who knows what else they don't counterfeit, the Chinese are making fake Spektrum stuff also. And they are very convincing fakes. This from Horizon's website:

"Attention: Horizon Hobby has confirmed that all Spektrum Products being sold by KoKo Technology are counterfeit. We consider it a danger to use these products, wive all liability and will not support any warranty or service in regards to them."

Koko Technology solicits mass purchases via their website, and targets individuals via email. It also does business on Ebay under a variaty of names. "Planemodel" and other variations of that name, plus others.
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation Koko Technology also do unfaithful business

Hi there,

I'd only like to tell my story.
I call myself as "Unhappy customer"
I'd like to warn people about KOKO TECHNOLOGY LTD!

I recently bought a RC Heli there . I've had so many headaches after they sent me a wrong order. There was plenty of communication via email and time invested before I decided which model to go for.I got a right proforma for my payment and everything was OK until the big surprise.
When I got my order home I found out that they had sent me a cheaper version instead they one ordered and stated in the invoice. I couldn't be more upset and frustrated after this.

When I email them asking for a solution they fail to do from beginning, I was offered a credit voucher to be used in a future purchase due to my overpayment buy when asking for a return they would not reply my emails, they'd vanished, however they always recognized their mistake which apologized for, that's all what I got from them.

After this I also discover that other component in the package was faulty and other missing part in the flybar. They start failing to reply emails after notifying this. No communication from their side whatsoever.

In the end I've had to stick with a heli that I never wanted. They finally have returned me some money for the overpayment but charging the paypal fees on my side, however when they did the first quote they included those fees that were paid in fully by myself.
This people are so mean and only cares about money! Are useless and impolite when it comes to resolve their mistakes. What a nightmare!

I recommend you not to do business with them, you have plenty of other companies on internet doing the same products with a much better aftersales.

Be aware because these people are also in ebay under names as toymodel888, planemodel55 and more...

Have a nice day!
Bren
Bren Moore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2011, 02:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren Moore View Post
paypal
File a complaint and get your money back?
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

what recievers r being cloned? all of them?
Old 08-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

koko's cloned rx's are easy to spot, just look at teh label. look at teh word for the throttle channel the o, if it is a clone it will be a 0 if it is genuine it will be an actual o
lordraptor1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry Companies to watch for.

FoxtechFPV is another to watch for. I bought a rtf quad X650 with DJI wooking-m plus camera gimbal ( about $ 1800 bucks) and two of the motors smoked when started for the first time... also one of the esc's were bad. I asked through many , many emails for replacements and they never did ship me new ones.
so I bought from DJI USA..

FOXtechFPV response was... "Did you hook up the power wires right?" well I have an electronics degree that I informed him of many times in the emails and that I do repair on broadcast TV equipment ( 20 years) to the component level.
Do ya think I can figure out how to hook up two red wires and two black ones on the esc's... duh!!!!!

Then he said take to a local hobby shop, I thought what a dork, but also... I went OK... I did and they came up with the same diagnostic, ..hmm 2 smoking motors , that is pretty easy to see... but then they tested the esc and yes it was bad. I informed FoxtechFPV of this. Their response, please send me a picture of your wires.. HUH????? but I did anyway, that was probably about the end of it.

They also did the same , before the purchase email reply within hours... after the purchase with a complaint the claim was "within 24 hours" the real deal was 3 days later, then stopped all together..and then told me to go rip somebody else off.. WOW!

stay away from FoxtechFPV
vipseattle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not that this is an excuse for ripoffs and scammers, but they are fed by high prices from the mainline manufacturers. For example, $200 for a true Spektrum receiver? It's nice that Horizon warns us of Ko Ko Technology, but it would dissuade a lot of people if their prices were a bit more reasonable. Jes sayin'.
Pull Up Now! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Up Now! View Post
Not that this is an excuse for ripoffs and scammers, but they are fed by high prices from the mainline manufacturers. For example, $200 for a true Spektrum receiver? It's nice that Horizon warns us of Ko Ko Technology, but it would dissuade a lot of people if their prices were a bit more reasonable. Jes sayin'.
You better check your prices again. The last time I bought a spectrum Rx it was about $60.

Also this thread was started 3 years ago. The last post was almost 2 years ago.

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 10:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

9 channel and up are around $200 and higher
AMA #1039539
ddj74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Actually they start at around $149 and go up from there depending on what version you are looking for. Just like anything else the more features you want the more you will pay.

Wizzard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in