Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default sk positives

so for the last week or so i've been reading some pretty damning threads about the sk products, i have 3 units now all are behaving exactly as they are supposed to. if i have a problem , even if i think its the fbl unit , i've worked with people on here and always found a problem with my heli or radio, now i'm not saying the sk540( the ones i own) are perfect, but as far as stabilising the heli and giving me the feel i want i couldn't ask for more, i have tried a couple of other fbl units but v bar isn't one of them and all of them have their own set of issues.
the sk540 is fairly straightforward to setup, for a complete newb there is never enough information but there is always someone willing to help on here and compared to yesteryear its pretty instant. tuning too is a personal thing and this is where experience comes into play, the more i play with this unit the better i like it, it seems that almost anything is tuneable. i've never had an issue with the governor either, it holds pretty well but the auto bailout i just cannot get to work, but again i'm sure given time a firmware update will fix it. then again for me auto's with a 450 are doable but not easy and its usually the last thing i do before packing up so i don't need the bailout just yet. but thats just me, i know its important and that a fix will arrive sooner or later(probably later , i can wait)
so for anyone taking the time to read this and all the other threads i would just like to say that i have every confidence in my sk fbl units, the support on here is as good as it gets and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
thank you sk
Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just finished installing sk540s on a trex 500 and a synergy e5,both are flying good on the maiden flights,a little tweaking and they are both flying great,i set up the gov on the e5 and it was great on the first try.ive been flying nothing but vbars up to now and wanted to try something different.no regret. Sk is on par with vbar
Tdrex 800e 12s vbar I2 bling
Bank account EMPTY
growmaster4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agreed.
I have 2 SK540 and a 3GX.
I guess these are the "red headed step-children" of FBL units.

I like them both and I've never had problems with either one.

I think a lot of the complaining comes from people that have preconceived notions of how the SK or the 3GX is supposed to work.
When it doesn't come out the way they expected, well then, blame the controller.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

this is just my thoughts on the 3gx, the setup was uneventful and following the directions was fairly easy, changing the flight parameters was a bit restrictive but everything that i needed at that time was there, the flight characteristics i didn't care for(at that time) for me it felt exceptionally quick to react , which would make it an ideal 3d or smack solution, however at the time i tried it i was still learning my orientations, v2 i believe, and it was too quick for me, as i think about it now , its a great 3d unit not so much for a beginner . but thats just my opinion
Anthony

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in