Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been looking at the v2 images using IDA Pro in the hope of finding the code that processes those magic strings, and then comparing it to the v1.1 code. Unfortunately this is a bit tricky when I have no idea what the processor core used by Futaba is!!!! I've read that they use H8 processors in their receivers, although I'm not sure if this is true. Any ideas about what they use in the transmitters? Supposed to be proprietary, but I'm sure it'll be based on something like ARM, AVR, or H8.

Steve
Blackout 330/OpenPilot Revo with FatShark 600mW VTX, Futaba 8FG 2.4GHz
Steve Evans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2010, 09:17 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it's possiable that new firmware not only compare the filename,but also compare the file contents. (like 12z does)
starmoon007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGFLYER View Post
Hi Ajd999 and everyone, access to the menu only works for versions up to 1.8beta (included).

CAUTION: The new version 2.0 (downloadable from Robbe by registration) can no longer access the service menu and even the operation of the version downgrade ...
Yes, I have noticed. But I installed 2.0 anyway. I like to have the latest version of everything.

If you (or anybody else) have any ideas how to get into service menu in v2.0, I would very much like to hear it.
ajd999 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi!

In version 2.1 the procedure for showing the service menu shows only an empty screen and nothing works. This is a change compared to version 2.0, in which trying to get to service menu had no effect.

My guess is that Futaba has messed up the access to the service menu by accident (i.e. a software bug). Maybe in version 2.2 things will work again.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, but I don't think so.
On my Futaba T8fg (V2.0) as well as on the 12FG (V2.0) of my friend this behaviour shows up all the time.... just a black screen with nothing displayed on it. And as far as I know, the V2.1 was only released because of some trouble when loading older models.

So, I believe that Futaba has changed the way how they can access the service menue. Maybe now there is a need of a special PLUG which shortens several contacts at the trainer interface.

hufux
hufux is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajd999 View Post
Hi!

In version 2.1 the procedure for showing the service menu shows only an empty screen and nothing works. This is a change compared to version 2.0, in which trying to get to service menu had no effect.

My guess is that Futaba has messed up the access to the service menu by accident (i.e. a software bug). Maybe in version 2.2 things will work again.
I have just installed 2.1 version: same behavior (of 2.0 version) trying to access to service menu ...
I do not believe it is a Futaba mistake that will be ok 2.2 version: Futaba has also blocked version downgrading!
LONGFLYER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2010, 04:36 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGFLYER View Post
I have just installed 2.1 version: same behavior (of 2.0 version) trying to access to service menu ...
I do not believe it is a Futaba mistake that will be ok 2.2 version: Futaba has also blocked version downgrading!
Do you have blank screen, or does the radio work normally when the SD card with service key is inserted?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

V2.1 for the T8FG (released today) is still showing the same behaviour. Only a black screen is visible. Until now i could not figure out a way to enter the service menu in V2.0 and V2.1
The fact that V2.1 is also not working shows clearly that this was planed by Futaba and is not just a bug in the software.

Is anybody else also trying to enter the service menu or am I the only one? Any success so far?

Best regards,
hufux

PS: There is only a black screen (without any ilumination and text on it) when the service menu card is insert into the T8FG. No operation at all. You have to pull out the SD card to use the radio. Same on T12FG. If the key is wrong, like "T8FG TEST(NORESET)" or "T12FG TEST(NORESET)", ...with only one space.. the radio starts up normaly. So it still recognizes the key if it is written in the correct form (with two spaces), but it seems like there is something else missing. Maybe you have to connect two pins on the trainer interface? Or there is another software switch? ....who knows. Maybe someone from Futaba could send an PM :-)
Old 07-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajd999 View Post
Do you have blank screen, or does the radio work normally when the SD card with service key is inserted?
I have black screen only when "the SD card with service key" is inserted (2.1 ver., in this case, sounds a beep when LS,RS,LD,RD are moves to center).
LONGFLYER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hufux View Post
Sorry, but I don't think so.
On my Futaba T8fg (V2.0) as well as on the 12FG (V2.0) of my friend this behaviour shows up all the time.... just a black screen with nothing displayed on it. And as far as I know, the V2.1 was only released because of some trouble when loading older models.

So, I believe that Futaba has changed the way how they can access the service menue. Maybe now there is a need of a special PLUG which shortens several contacts at the trainer interface.

hufux
Second to that.

I installed the V2.0 and its killed my Radio. I sent it to hobby service and they put it back to life, but they couldn't recalibrate the sticks. It seems some special PC program needs to be sent direclty from Japan to them. Brazilian hobby service doesn't have it yet. It seems I'll keep flying with an uncalibrated radio until they get this program...
HoverLoW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys,

I'm a long time Futaba flyer from the UK and wanted to say thanks to all the people who have contributed to this thread.

I've had my T12FG for over 2 years now and I've always noticed that one of the sticks has been just a couple of units off at neutral. This bothered me, especially during swash setup. I knew the only option was to send it back to Ripmax (UK Distributor) for recalibration. I thought it was stupid that such a simple software recalibration had to be done by a service agent.

I discovered this thread earlier today, carefully followed the instructions and it all worked first time. My sticks are now recalibrated and working perfectly. I can't believe Futaba haven't included an interface to do this in the regular software. I know of so many forum posts about calibration of the T12FG sticks being just a little bit off.

I would like to upgrade to 2.1 (currently on 1.6) so if I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone cracks the calibration mode on 2.1. Right now I'll be sticking with 1.6 because I like to have the option to recalibrate myself. The very last thing I want to do is send my TX through the post!!

Thanks again for the detailed info, I'm really happy to have finally sorted the calibration out.

Cheers,
Beatnik.
beatnik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe it is necessary to put the switches in a certain position on startup, while the SD card with the correct key is insert.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, i have some insider information that Futaba has definitely changed the way how to enter the service menu. You now need a hardware key to enter the service menu. Maybe this will take a while until a new way is found to enter the service menu.
What I do not know is if the hardware key is inserted into the SD Card slot or into the trainer connector.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hufux View Post
OK, i have some insider information that Futaba has definitely changed the way how to enter the service menu. You now need a hardware key to enter the service menu. Maybe this will take a while until a new way is found to enter the service menu.
What I do not know is if the hardware key is inserted into the SD Card slot or into the trainer connector.
The "hardware" key is just a special formatted SD card.
starmoon007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not really sure. It was told me that the former method does not work any longer and that you need now a hardware key, which only the service has.
so, the best case would be that the SD Card is the hardware key. But I think there maybe something more. On older Futaba radios (with CAM-PACs) for example you need to connect special pins to "ground" in order to access the service menu.

...we will see...

...or do you have more insider information, so that you can for sure say that the hardware key is only a special formated SD Card? ...which surely would be very nice
Old 08-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Area Code successfully changed from Japan to Europa

Hello!

Thanks a lot for this genial thread! At this moment I have changed the area-code at my T12FG transmitter!

I have still the 1.6 software at my TX. Is there anything new to enter the Service-Menu at software version 2.1?

Kind regards and a great compliment to all !!!

Manfred from Germany
Murphy_AFPD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2010, 02:43 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,

I have bought my T12FG with an TM-14 Module 18 Month ago in Japan. An additional 35 MHz module I bought direct in Germany. I habe pached the 35 MHz module with '82' and it works perfect.

Now I have changed the region code from Japan to Europe. The 35 MHz module still works. But my TM-14 2.4 GHz Module is now from Japan (Code) and the Transmitter is Europe (Code) and it doesn't work.

OK, I can roll back the change, but it is better to have complete EUROPE-coded devices.

Is there any possibility to change the region code at the TM-14 module from Japan to EUROPE???

Kind regards

Manfred
Murphy_AFPD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 12FG service menu only versions 1.xx no for versions2.xx

hello, I have complete software to calibrate t12fg (single attention works until version 1.6)
Attached Files
File Type: zip menu service.zip (599.3 KB, 1239 views)
merlini is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlini View Post
hello, I have complete software to calibrate t12fg (single attention works until version 1.6)
Great! How about the updated version that works with firmware 2.1?
Old 08-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

the new versions 2.1 require a "black box" in the DSC connector

merlini is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
12fg, calibration screen, futaba, service menu

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in