Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Do you think I'm crazy?

Just like the title says, give me your honest opinion.

Do U think I was crazy, to put a Sookum SK720 FBL controller on my Blade 450 3D? That's a $400 fbl controller on a $400 heli!!!!

But here's my reasoning behind buying it. There's 3 actually
1. Self-level.
I wanted to be able to have a fbl controller, and have self-level. Cause where I live, there is NO heli pilots around here. So I have had to teach myself. Even though it does cost $400, I know it's save my a** atleast 10 times so far. And a normal crash is $30-40, plus your down time. So in a way, it has already paid for itself. And who know how many more times it will save me from crashing.

2. Bail out switch
Now that I can fly, with hovering in all orientations, FFF, flips, roll. And just some sport flying. Now I only have self-level as a bail out switch. And I can say it has boosted my confidence a bunch.

3. Protos 700 (hopefully)
I wanted to learn all I could about the controller, like what it can ands can't do. And what settings work best for me. Cause when the Protos 700 comes out later this year. I would love to own one. Then the SK720 will go on it. I'd rather have my learning curve done a $400 heli, instead of a $2000 heli.

I think I did the right thing. Cause before I bought it I could just hover tail in.

Let me know what you think, even if you do think I was crazy or a dumba**
jason4636 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think if you can afford it, i would do it. Like you said its not like it has to be dedicated to the Blade 450 3D. Something like a gyro can be transferred to other helis as you move up to bigger / better Helis.
Not like the servos, motors etc....from Blade 450 3D,which you wont be able to use on the 700
Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems perfectly logical in my mind
gtrsteele is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Well, the P700 will most likely be bundled with the MSH Brain (fbl controller with self level).
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've seen worse. Such as a big block V8 in a Honda Civic!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hey I think you got the right Idea have fun with that 700 when it comes out, who wants paper with pictures of presidents on them when you can have a 700 heli..
jackate11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 04:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The answer is a most definite affirmative.

Think about it you are here posting in a site called helifreak whose denizens are mostly obsessed with rapidly rotating flying blades varying in size and cost.

Don't feel bad. I'm crazy too.

(It's just a hobby, do what you want!!!)

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm putting a $550 helicommand hc3sx on my blade 450 3d with a 450X head and motor.

Great to have a basher heli with a bail out just speed up your learning curve.
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned User

Skookum in a 450 eh? Sounds like a great idea. And if the Protos 700 is as good as the 500 then that will be one awesome machine. I hope you get your hands on one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntanaS View Post
I saw a youtube vid where 2 guys in a lamborghini watched a CRX beat em in a streetrace. Had to dig this one up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzP-etuL6Y8[/ame]
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavic5150 View Post
Skookum in a 450 eh? Sounds like a great idea. And if the Protos 700 is as good as the 500 then that will be one awesome machine. I hope you get your hands on one.

I saw a youtube vid where 2 guys in a lamborghini watched a CRX beat em in a streetrace. Had to dig this one up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzP-etuL6Y8
That's awesome! Those CRX's don't weight hardly anything.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default 1972 Datsun coverted fastest street legal electric cars in the world

This guy converted his car to run on 12 lithium polymer batteries and it blows away all the million dollar gas cars in the quarter mile. Nothing is faster then direct drive no camshaft just direct power to the wheels.

The youtube video is gone now ?? but here is the link with the information..I like to see the face of a guy in a 2011 Mclaren getting beat by a electric datson.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...ss_than_3.html

I rather be seen in this though..
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...4-12c-car-news
jackate11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

sounds cool, I'm buying a SK720 for my t-rex 700, also figured I'd buy a flymentor for one of my 450's for kicks, and converting another 450 to FBL and try a "cheap" hk kontroller, just to see how it performs
andersn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntanaS View Post
Or a boss hoss motorcycle
rstekeur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default I did the SAME thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambuka View Post
I'm putting a $550 helicommand hc3sx on my blade 450 3d with a 450X head and motor.

Great to have a basher heli with a bail out just speed up your learning curve.
I did the same exact thing, right down to the head on the 450 3d. .. my question is, are you having any problems? mine is trying to go left as soon as i take off. . . if i get it in the air, it tries to crash BAD. I have another hc3sx on my trex 450. . . I swapped them to see if it was the unit. . . still does the same thing on the 450 3d, and the one that was on the 450 3d works fine on the trex 450! Go figure, I have NO idea what's wrong, I just don't know, I am at the end of my ropes here!
Johnl2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnl2 View Post
I did the same exact thing, right down to the head on the 450 3d. .. my question is, are you having any problems? mine is trying to go left as soon as i take off. . . if i get it in the air, it tries to crash BAD. I have another hc3sx on my trex 450. . . I swapped them to see if it was the unit. . . still does the same thing on the 450 3d, and the one that was on the 450 3d works fine on the trex 450! Go figure, I have NO idea what's wrong, I just don't know, I am at the end of my ropes here!
Hmm.. that helicommand unit looks pretty interesting. I hadn't realised there were others out there apart from the skookums - looks like there's going to be a whole wave of these.

But I digress.

Did you have any issues setting up the unit? One very interesting thing you just said is that the unit works fine on a T-Rex and you swapped it over - begging your pardon if you did all this, but I hope you did set it up again on that swap - the CCPM would be wrong as the cyclic servo layout is different as is the edge control.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still building mine this week will put the hc3sx on hopefully tomorrow if I can get my head around the setup. Will try to post here my results.
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambuka View Post
I'm still building mine this week will put the hc3sx on hopefully tomorrow if I can get my head around the setup. Will try to post here my results.
Can't wait to hear how it goes! Did you upgrade the stock 450 3D motor? Which one are you using?
NickBee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in