Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bad wobble during flight V120DO2S

I recently replaced the tail shaft, large tail gear, the smaller gear is metal as I am using slipper clutch, main gear and front tail drive gear. due to a crash. All servos appear to be functioning properly and have tried a number of freshly charged batteries. What is happening is, once the V120DO2S is airborne and hovering or flying, the tail begins to wobble up and down, it seems to be accompanied by a high pitched chattering that almost seems to be in tune with the wobble. The part about being in tune with the wobble maybe my imagination as I am now looking for anything. I have tried adjusting the rx. rudder pot from 11:00 to about 2:00, which is where it seems to fly best and where it was prior to crash. The first pot is at about 12:00 and the ext is about 11:00, these have not changed. I am flying with a WK2801 Pro. I have tried adjusting the gyro which is in Gyro/AUX2 from 65% to 75%. It appears to run best at 75%, but still has wobble in full range. It does it both in normal and throttle up positions. Rudder D/R is 100% EXP lin. I am not sure what to look for. Neither the motor or servos are heating up at all.
Any suggestions from you folks would be greatly appreciated.
Incidentally none of the none of the gears I replaced seemed to be damaged badly in the crash, but when I picked up the heli after, I saw that the rear lge gear attached to the shaft had come off which is I believe what caused the crash to begin with as I lost complete control and flew into a wall. Just an aside.
Birdmanpa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

have you tried to replace the feathering shaft ? also have you examined tail boom it could be cracked. to do that you have to remove it to see as it normally crack right where the servo is attached. first I would check the feathering shaft.
jamichx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in