Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default K2 problems....questions... Radio Assistance

A freind of mine got fed up with his King 2 and he gave it to me. He's an open the box and fly kind of person, so heli's were just too much for him. He's sticking to RTF planes. I have no idea what kind of damage has been done. I do know that the blades were chewed up (front and back). It looked like he had mowed the lawn a few times. They have all been replaced with stock replacements.

So...now I have it and I'm trying to work out everything that he's done to it as well as figure out heli's myself. I have very little experience with them. I've had a Lama Coax, and a HBFP, but sold them to fund another project. Since the heli was given to me, I figured that I'd give it a shot. I fly airplanes, so I understand the common electronics, and I am quite familiar with my DX7 and JR7202 but I have no idea for heli programing.

Version:
K2 Brushless.
Gyro: Walkera DS Heading Hold Gyro
Battery: Zippy 3s 1000mah 20c

First, I am using the JR7202 for the heli. The 7202 is the exact same as the DX7, so DX7 users can help me out here. I was not given the stock tx/rx so I know nothing about it, and have nothing to compare to. I figured out hooking up the RX, as the channels were different. Only thing I do not know is is there any channels that should be reversed? What should the "Swash Type" be set on? "Input Select"? Any other radio tips would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, I've never set up a heli before. Should any of my switches do anything? I would imagine that something should do something since the thing is 6 channel.

Next, I was going over the thing last night and noticed a few things.
1. The ESC gets HOT sitting still. I held on the ESC and without moving the sticks at all, it was hot in about 20 seconds. Like I said, I fly planes and if it was in a plane I'd be seriously worried. This is not normal is it?

2. The motor studders and squeals at startup. Gets to about 1/4 throttle and spins up. Bad motor? I ordered a 3800kv and 10 tooth gear to replace, just in case. Correct gear motor combo?

3. Looking at the front, the blades are leaning to the right. I'd say about 30 degrees at spin up. It levels out at full throttle. This can't be normal.

Of course, the manual is no help at all. Any help would be appreciated.
idealhobbies is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, swash type should be 120 degrees CCPM.
Check the gear mesh, there should be a very small amount of free play in between pinion and gear. One test you can do is pass a piece of paper in between the pinion and gear while you turn the gear by hand - if the paper gets ripped at all, mesh is too tight. This would explain your questions 1 and 2

3. Could be you have the wrong swash type selected.

There is quite a lot to setting up a CP heli, I would download some of Finless Bob's 101 vids, particularly CCPM set up 1 & 2. You'll find them here:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692

Best of luck

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you Dusty. I found a posting on heliguy where someone used thier DX7 and they list all the settings. That should be pretty close to squared away. I just have to do a little radio work and see how it goes.
idealhobbies is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in