Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Skookum 720/CPII

I was wondering if any one has tried to fly a rex-600 with the co-pilot II and the new skookum 720 flybarless unit. I already own the cpII and love it and just ordered the skookum. I know that it says it has a bail out feature but some of the testers had bad luck with it.

I know nightflyr and a few others have been testing flybarless and stabilizers together but have not heard of this combo yet.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk_down2002 View Post
I was wondering if any one has tried to fly a rex-600 with the co-pilot II and the new skookum 720 flybarless unit. I already own the cpII and love it and just ordered the skookum. I know that it says it has a bail out feature but some of the testers had bad luck with it.

I know nightflyr and a few others have been testing flybarless and stabilizers together but have not heard of this combo yet.

thanks
As I understand the 720 hasn't hit the market yet, so I would guess that possible combination has not been attempted ( at least not at present)

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
As I understand the 720 hasn't hit the market yet, so I would guess that possible combination has not been attempted ( at least not at present)

I know it has not hit the market yet for us normal flyers lol. well actually the first batch shipped today according to the skookum website. but the testers have had this unit for several months to my knowledge and maybe longer. just thinking that they might have followed in your shoes and tested some sweet setups
Old 04-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would not think so, what I did was said "a formula for trouble" but I thought differently...besides when beta testing, it's hard enough to make sure the initial platform is operating correctly and stable on its own much less to add a second untried command platform in conjunction.
Way too many variables to contend with.

Might give it a try in a while, after I get some other projects completed

Old 04-10-2010, 05:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I pre-ordered a 720 too. I plan to put in on a Furion 450 to start with.

My understanding of the 720 is that it has a stabilization system that you can keep it ON all the time, or ON/OFF; or just gradually dial it down; or use it as a bail out switch. Very much in that respect similar to CPll.

I like the concept of the accelerometers in the 720 because it's not dependent on weather, terrain, or light. ( i like how accelerometers work on my iphone with some applications; very precise indeed)

From what I read and asked in the Skookum forum there is one beta tester that had inconsistent results but others had very good results. We'll see.

I know that it's sensitive to vibrations so the heli has to be well balanced all over.

What I liked about the 720 is that the guys at the forum say it's really easy to setup

I don't think it will be as easy as the CPll to setup and I hope it works at least as good as CPll in the stabilization area

BTW: you will not be attempting to install both systems together right?
tribe3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default SK720.. Need to know

This was taken from the SK forum..so be aware!!!

I'm disappointed and concerned by this "news" item posted today on Skookum's web site:

"Please be aware that for the initial release, we decided at the last minute to temporarily disable the self-leveling feature. This is due to a firmware bug we found in this feature a week before release, which we believe we've fixed, but we did not have the time or weather conditions to test the fix properly. So weather permitting, we're planning to provide a firmware update for early customers by the end of April.

We apologize for the delay in getting this feature out to SK-720 pilots. We felt it was better to err on the side of safety, and that you'd rather have your unit in hand. This gives you a chance to set it up, fly it normally, and check your heli's vibration level using the flight-logging feature."

Old 04-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Forgive my noob question, I thought you would use one, or the other. Not both at the same time.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not too familiar with this unit, But I believe this is one of the key features to help beginners getting into FBL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in