Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #521 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Didn't get a chance to fly today because of nasty weather but I did get a few packs in yesterday. It was a nice warm calm day and the SR was really dialed in, had a lot of fun! Today I installed my bling parts and I'm really happy with the fit and finish. I have read about people having trouble with loose fitting center hubs on the main shaft....etc, but mine was a real nice fit. In fact I had to turn the hub back and forth on the main shaft to get it in place, nice slip fit. Everything seems to be real smooth and tight, can't wait to get it set up and spool her up for a test hover.

UPDATE: just finished a test hover (in our breezeway) to check blade tracking after setting up the new MH head. I was pleased to finally be able to check the pitch range and not have a few degrees of slop to contend with. Got her set to +/- 10* on collective and 7* on cyclic so things are looking good. It looked like the head has enough room to go another few degrees or more on collective but i think 10* is more than enough for me.I was shocked when I first checked the cyclic, it was 13* when I started, must be with the tighter head parts it was a lot higher than before. Blade tracking was dead on and it was SOOO smooth and quiet, like a totally different heli!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bling 1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	277454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bling 2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	277455   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bling 3.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	277456  
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA

Last edited by olemil; 01-02-2012 at 02:20 PM..
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #522 (permalink)
Registered Users

i decided i was going to sell it and get a trex 450
scottevilSR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #523 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemil View Post
Didn't get a chance to fly today because of nasty weather but I did get a few packs in yesterday. It was a nice warm calm day and the SR was really dialed in, had a lot of fun! Today I installed my bling parts and I'm really happy with the fit and finish. I have read about people having trouble with loose fitting center hubs on the main shaft....etc, but mine was a real nice fit. In fact I had to turn the hub back and forth on the main shaft to get it in place, nice slip fit. Everything seems to be real smooth and tight, can't wait to get it set up and spool her up for a test hover.
looks SUPER nice! Thats planned for mine but i need to space my unscheduled landing out a bit further first
Duckblind is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #524 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks /\ /\. Just came in from doing a test flight after replacing my tail motor. First motor all summer and had 71 flights on it, not too bad. Hopefully this one will hold up as long as the other one did, but I better get another spare on hand just in case.... This was the first time I've flown it outside after upgrading the head with all the MH parts, seems real tight and much more responsive.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
Old 01-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #525 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew mine yesterday for the first time since getting my McpX and what an eye opener. the SR takes a lot more work to maintain a steady hover and this was with very little breeze (just a hint). I fly the McpX in my shop with a ceiling fan on (blowing down) and the furnace running which blows down from the ceiling but at an angle. This simulates a fair amount of wind which is a great training tool. I will have to get my SR out more often so I don't lose my edge.
sanddan52 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #526 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemil View Post

UPDATE: just finished a test hover (in our breezeway) to check blade tracking after setting up the new MH head. I was pleased to finally be able to check the pitch range and not have a few degrees of slop to contend with. Got her set to +/- 10* on collective and 7* on cyclic so things are looking good. It looked like the head has enough room to go another few degrees or more on collective but i think 10* is more than enough for me.I was shocked when I first checked the cyclic, it was 13* when I started, must be with the tighter head parts it was a lot higher than before. Blade tracking was dead on and it was SOOO smooth and quiet, like a totally different heli!!
Looks real tight Olemil While I keep hearing those parts bend alot, if you don't crash that shouldn't be an issue . Good that you put those in after getting super familiar with your heli. Nice job!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #527 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKS_ONE View Post
Looks real tight Olemil While I keep hearing those parts bend alot, if you don't crash that shouldn't be an issue . Good that you put those in after getting super familiar with your heli. Nice job!
Thanks Danno! I too have heard about the MH stuff being soft but I've never had a problem with my swash and it has seen a few boom strikes just after putting it on. I've received a few PM's from members with the same head parts I have and they say the parts are solid in a crash, so who knows. Well like you said, don't crash and it won't be a problem. I'll go with that theory!!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #528 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've tried to follow that theory, I've had marginal success lol!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #529 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I installed b400 landing gear and new blades, Carbon boom, fins and boom support. I had some test flights and everything nice. I crashed my other Bsr.
conejo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #530 (permalink)
Registered Users

Conejo, the CF boom is nearly indestructible, and boom support makes it more precise in flight, nice. Must be nice to have those summer temperatures right now!
Olemil, that does look sharp, and a MH rotor head is next on my list. The most I've done lately is take an old main gear and put it on a telescope focus knob as a fine adjust....

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #531 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumna View Post
Olemil, that does look sharp, and a MH rotor head is next on my list. The most I've done lately is take an old main gear and put it on a telescope focus knob as a fine adjust....
Thanks Jumna, and it flys much tighter now too.. Nice job on the focus knob, can't beat joining the two hobbies, well other than $$$$$...lol. Didn't get to use my scope much this year, between working lots of weekends and flying the poor scope was on the back burner.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #532 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sundays project

Sundays project will consist of changing out bent main and feathering shafts and finishing the new boom and flipping the tail motor mod. My buddy just did the tail motor flip and his flies noticeably better so I'm headed to his place for some beers, football (Go Packers) and working on the SR. My neighbour has a sweet lathe setup and now straightens all my bent metal shafts for me. Saves some $ on buying new all the time. I've only had a few flights with the DX8, still looking to get it dialed in the way I like it.
Later
CrashCanuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #533 (permalink)
Registered Users

Replace head and pitch linkage.

Proceeded to have my swash completely separate 10 feet up.

Ordered a stack of new parts to include the MicroHeli swashplate.
jonjonwells is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #534 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjonwells View Post
Replace head and pitch linkage.

Proceeded to have my swash completely separate 10 feet up.

Ordered a stack of new parts to include the MicroHeli swashplate.
Money well spent, you won't have to worry about the swash separating again.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #535 (permalink)
Registered Users

I spend the majority of my time over on the 120SR page, but did try again to fly my SR. Rotor strike on the boom and tore up the landing skid. Thats two sets of blades that one has tore up the covering but blade after getting skinned still looks good. Flexed the blade looking for cracks and none appear. So, got some monocote and did a few trial and errors. Read somewhere how to do it and I think I now have two sets that are going to work. A few small ripples but hope they do not effect the performance. Will take pictures tomorrow and post them up.

Ya, I am sure that a few of your eagle eyes will note the marks on my tail boom just about an inch in front of the tail rotor. I think it will fly not that I bent it back.

Last edited by HopSkipFlop; 01-16-2012 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Adding a photo, I hope
HopSkipFlop is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #536 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went to my buddies on Sunday and put in a new Main and feathering shaft as both were tweaked. Did the tail flip mod, fired a battery in it and got it hovering, my buddy made 2 small gyro adjustments and it was flying the best it ever had. Less buzz out of the tail and almost zero wag. Nice and stable and actually easy and fun just to hover and move around the garage a bit. I set it down nice and easy, give the TX to my buddy he lifts off brings it back toward us and then torpedoes it into his garage floor . Really, are you freakin kidding me. From maybe 3' up he managed to bust the frame, boom, blade grip, rotor head, flybar and one other small piece, surprisingly the main and feathering shafts are still dead straight. $40 in parts and lesson learned on letting a buddy (who owns a SR btw) fly my SR. The rebuild has started, hope it flies as well as it did, for one batt.
CrashCanuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #537 (permalink)
Registered Users

All I can say is that this re-afirms what I have heard others say. DO NOT let anyone fly your bird, period.

Sorry to hear that you chopper was flying better than ever and then is destroyed. I also hope you can get it all back together and flying as well as before.
HopSkipFlop is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #538 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default up to 15

I have now put flight 14 and 15 on her today after gluing up my separated swash . Experimenting with the flight modes and the Dual rate as well as the SM TCM ADJ knob. Next flights I want to experiment with the Tail Rotor Proportional mix on the bottom of the SR. When popping the throttle the tail will drift a little and I want to get that set up better. I have the tail wag taking care of and like the way it sounds now. Having fun so far.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #539 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crashed and burned, whats a good list of spare parts to have on hand as getting parts over here takes 2-3weeks?
LancerV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #540 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im about to replace the orings and add some extra shims. As well, the flybar is lopsided by a few mm's so im going to fix that ... I'm going to tuck the motor wires up under the battery strap (as has been suggested in other threads) and start researching the tail motor flip thingie on this very forum ...

just waiting for a blade grip bolt from the mailman set and then I can fire her up, hopefully this week!
steubens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in