Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods

600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Align T-REX 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #1461 (permalink)

Thanks bro I was just checking them out. I'm going to go with the mod 1 main gear and the KDE Main bearing as well. Also the REVCO MOD1.0 HARDENED STEEL PINION GEAR, 6MM BORE . So after I have all those things then all I will need is the tail upgrade. I think anyway....lol
linux_24_00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #1462 (permalink)

Question

I'm going to be using the CC BEC PRO, So will I need a step down for the servo's?
Old 12-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #1463 (permalink)
Registered Users

4035-560 is awesome too and it isn't expensive than 4025...
The stock main gear resists for me
jaubertel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #1464 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great thread! I am coming to the point where I now have my 12s Esp platform finished. I am doing a belt stretch on it so I sold off all my new upgraded TT equipment and tail. I just stuffed an Rc-Tek aluminum boom support into it and am working on the 6.3mm wide belt and roller system. I am having Helihaven build a custom raised tail for this since I plan on swinging some humongous blades.
The Kde hub and Mod 1 gears are in place, as well as the 3 bearing main. And the hole is cut for a new 4035-630 12s Scorp so I am about ready. I was going to use the same 4025-630 you guys are but I think the 35 may provide a little more grunt at a lower hs that I need.

No Ice esc for me though. I just don't trust anything from them other than the smaller 50s I improved on to run my 6s 450 stretch helis. Plus they don't seem to work with the Skookum 720 gov so for me they are out.
Thanks for keeping this invaluable thread going!
Old 01-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #1465 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Well just when I thought I had all I need I DON'T Sucks!!! So is this the right main gear even though it's for a 700? http://helidirect.com/kde-direct-mai...es-p-23067.hdx

So I guess the 115 tooth Main gear will be good with the 13 tooth pinion from what I have read. Now I have to also get this http://helidirect.com/kde-direct-t70...ro-p-24223.hdx Is that the RIGHT one? As it's the only one I can find? Please let me know so I can order this stuff guys and get in the air. Thank you so very much.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #1466 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Hey Rceccleston,
What is the difference in running the two 6s in series or in parallel? Also when I want to hook them up in series can I use a T-Plug that I bought to run them together is that in series? Please let me know as I am a little confused. Or anyone who knows for that matter. Thank you.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #1467 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_24_00 View Post
Hey Rceccleston,
What is the difference in running the two 6s in series or in parallel? Also when I want to hook them up in series can I use a T-Plug that I bought to run them together is that in series? Please let me know as I am a little confused. Or anyone who knows for that matter. Thank you.
Packs in series double voltage. Packs in parallel double capacity. Its like putting two 1.5v AA batteries in a flashlight... with both batteries, you're providing 3v to the bulb. With two 6s batteries, you're providing 44+ volts to the ESC/motor. With more voltage, you decrease the amperage requirement for any given power demand... volts x amps = watts... so you see how increasing volts decreases amps. Amps, or current, is what really taxes batteries and by reducing them, you're asking the packs to deliver less current for the same amount of power.
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #1468 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Understood, thank you! But how are the batteries wired? I bought this, http://www.progressiverc.com/series-t-plug-adapter.html That is how I am suppose to wire them, correct? With one of those? I hope so after ordering it and getting it. I'm almost there all I need now is my MOD 1 Main Gear and my 13 tooth pinion. Thank you in advance!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #1469 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, that is a series harness...but I would not use that. Instead, wire the connectors right onto the ESC, this way you never lose anything and also you reduce connectors.

This is from my 600Pro, but you get the picture. Off of the ESC, you have a red and a black. Each goes into an EC5 or a Deans, or whatever connector you want. Then, the remaining lead off of the connector gets connected directly to the other connector. Now you have a series connector on your ESC and you don't have to add any wire to do it.

In my case, I also wired a Deans connector off of the EC5 so I can power the BEC. This allows me to unplug the Deans and connect a small lipo on there so I can power the electronics without arming the ESC for bench work.

AMA #934662
Old 01-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #1470 (permalink)

Question

Can I still do that as I have my BEC PRO Wired with the battery leads from the esc. Thank you for the quick reply!!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #1471 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is your BEC Pro running off of 6s or 12s? I would not recommend running the BEC pro off of 12s. I've read several posts of people who lost all electronics when the BEC failed and passed full voltage to the electronics.

Either way, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to wire the connectors in series as I've done. Perhaps post a couple of pics of your wiring so we can better help you.
AMA #934662
Old 01-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #1472 (permalink)

Thumbs up

I'm going to be running it the 6s way because I have heard about the same thing. I heard that is the best way to run it setup the 6s way! So will it be ok to run the BEC PRO Wired to the battery leads coming from the ESC? I wish someone had a wiring diagram for this whole project so I could look at it as I need to see the wiring of this thing. I want to MAKE SURE IT'S RIGHT!!!!! I do NOT want to lose any electronics!!! PLEASE HELP me out here guys I really do appreciate it ahnk you very much!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #1473 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here is mine. I wired it off the bird so I could power it up and make sure it all worked right. Notice one battery goes directly to the BEC. The ESC is powered from the positive of one and the negative of the other, with a jumper between the two (creating a series circuit).

Always plug in the BEC first, that will power up the electronics so you can let everything initialize and do you servo checks etc. Then plug in the ESC. If you are flying CC make sure you count your beeps, if you don't get 12, something is wrong. I have lost track of which batteries were flown or not, when connecting, the voltage was low enough that it thought it was only 11 cells and only beeped 11 times. I knew immediately that those packs were already used. Had I not counted the beeps I could have ruined them.
jlharv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #1474 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_24_00 View Post
Well just when I thought I had all I need I DON'T Sucks!!! So is this the right main gear even though it's for a 700? http://helidirect.com/kde-direct-mai...es-p-23067.hdx

So I guess the 115 tooth Main gear will be good with the 13 tooth pinion from what I have read. Now I have to also get this http://helidirect.com/kde-direct-t70...ro-p-24223.hdx Is that the RIGHT one? As it's the only one I can find? Please let me know so I can order this stuff guys and get in the air. Thank you so very much.
Yes, those will work and are what I currently have installed. However if you simply want the best hub on the planet for less. Look no further than here. Wish I had seen this before I ordered my KDE.
http://www.rc-tek.com/us_store/i2rc-...ade-p2282.html
Old 01-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #1475 (permalink)

Yes that is very nice and I wish I also seen it before I ordered my KDE hub as well. I ordered all my gear upgrades yesterday. I also ordered the tail upgrade.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #1476 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys!
I am finally finishing my build (same as rceccleston's).
Since this is my first Trex, i'm not sure, but to me it has strange sound to me.
What you think?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYPDzDPT6iQ[/ame]
Logo 600SE
zole is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #1477 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey guys,

I've been reading through this thread for the padt few days, (only on page 70), and have been picking up some very helpfull and usefull information. I just got a 600 cf and so far it has 6 flights with a 6s setup. I would have been happy to fly as a 6s with a 1100kv motor and a 15t pinion, but i started reading this thread and now considering the 12s upgrade. I also have a trex 500 and some 3000mah and 2650mah packs for it. I also have a 5000mah for the 600. Now i'm looking at what direction my lipo investment should go towards, and really like the higher cycle rate that the 12s setup would offer.

The question i have now is about lipo longevity, and you guys seem to know the best care to get the most cycle from a lipo. Is it ok to fully charge a pack then have it sit a week or two before flying it? Does this degrade a lipos cell at all? Or is this better for the packs cycle life? Or what?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Also, this thread says a 'low budget set up', but why not go with lower budget components? Castel Creation esc and Scorpion motors are not very 'low budget' items, at least not to a broke self-employed musician like myself. Has anyone tried stuff like the turnigy k-force 70a hv, and the mega 8 bec, and that 800kv motor they have that is rated for 11c. These are low budget items, and yes you may have to sacrifice some quality, and may have to experiment with different pinion and main gear combinations, but you'll have more money to spend on packs and chargers....
Old 01-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #1478 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zole View Post
Hi guys!
I am finally finishing my build (same as rceccleston's).
Since this is my first Trex, i'm not sure, but to me it has strange sound to me.
What you think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYPDzDPT6iQ
I think it sounds like your gear mesh is too tight
Moparmyway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2012, 06:17 AM   #1479 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Kdean, a few prudent points you must remember:

1. Kforce 70a is perfect for your needs but do not use less than 15deg timing.
2. 800kv is way too high for an optimal 12s setup, even though they claim 11s max- its a typo btw, is actually 8s motor.
3. The bec is fine
4. Your ideal 12s motor for the 600e using mod0.7 gear is 500kv or so. If you're running a mod1 gear you can try a 600kv motor with smaller pinion. Trust me that you dont want a 800kv motor in a 12s setup, its more trouble tahn its worth even if you use throttle curves or govs etc to compensate.
kimmik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #1480 (permalink)

I can not get the KDE 115 Tooth main gear on I can get the hub down through the main gear but I can NOT get the anti rotation gear down over the one way bearing
What am I doing wrong? This is the only thing stopping me from getting this bird in the air and I want to fly it BAD!!!!!! Someone PLEASE HELP ME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!11

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in