Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2015, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question T-Rex/Tarot parts interchangeablity (DFC head & mainshaft not)

My Tarot 450 Pro V2 seems so far to be completely parts compatible with my T-Rex 450 Pro except for one thing: the fancy new Tarot DFC head (mine is the orange and black one) has to have a special, matching main shaft with a removable collar. But you can remove the Tarot DFC head and shaft and drop in and Align DFC shaft and head and it works just fine--you don't have to adjust the swash linkages or anything. The main and autorotation gears are interchangeable as are the landing gear and umbrella gears.

Has anyone found anything else besides the DFC head that's not an exact clone/interchangeable? (I know there are minor differences in the openings in the CF frame, but that's not a functional difference.)

Also, has anyone else noticed that the Tarot screws seem a little softer than the Aligns? I have stripped a couple of screw heads with just normal use and that seems a little suspicious. I'm going to change out the stripped head screws with screws from the Align replacement parts kit. Other than that seeming shortcoming, the Tarot seems great.
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2015, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

No issues with my head screws and I'm not even using fancy tools. Your allen keys must be stripped/rounded combined with a lot of unnecessary force.
boredom.is.me is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2015, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
No issues with my head screws and I'm not even using fancy tools. Your allen keys must be stripped/rounded combined with a lot of unnecessary force.
I have primo tools so that leaves just me.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
I have primo tools so that leaves just me.
That's it, off to hell you go
Skidd Marks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2015, 09:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidd Marks View Post
That's it, off to hell you go
Oh, the 450 is nothing. You should have seen me, the torquemaster, when I first started working on my 250 with it's little .9mm head screws and such.

I have to repeat my Bert Kammerer maintenance mantra: "Just go easy and let the LocTite do it's job."
Old 05-17-2015, 08:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tarot has an upgrade bolt set and they are very stout.
http://tarot-rc-heli.com/Tarot_RC_Ma...n_for_450_Heli
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Tarot has an upgrade bolt set and they are very stout.
http://tarot-rc-heli.com/Tarot_RC_Ma...n_for_450_Heli
Great find. Thanks!
Old 05-17-2015, 09:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sure. You'll find they are far better than the Align bolts as well. Tarot makes a pretty good product for a "knock off". The main bearings are actually Japanese. I installed a belted Tarot tail box, grips and slider on my Align 450 Pro the other day and it is butter smooth.
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2015, 09:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
My Tarot 450 Pro V2 seems so far to be completely parts compatible with my T-Rex 450 Pro except for one thing: the fancy new Tarot DFC head (mine is the orange and black one) has to have a special, matching main shaft with a removable collar. But you can remove the Tarot DFC head and shaft and drop in and Align DFC shaft and head and it works just fine--you don't have to adjust the swash linkages or anything. The main and autorotation gears are interchangeable as are the landing gear and umbrella gears.

Has anyone found anything else besides the DFC head that's not an exact clone/interchangeable? (I know there are minor differences in the openings in the CF frame, but that's not a functional difference.)

Also, has anyone else noticed that the Tarot screws seem a little softer than the Aligns? I have stripped a couple of screw heads with just normal use and that seems a little suspicious. I'm going to change out the stripped head screws with screws from the Align replacement parts kit. Other than that seeming shortcoming, the Tarot seems great.
Good to know I just order that kit after i crashed my sport, that orange and black head its split lock right? I guess if I ever need it I guess I'll use my upgraded align dfc head and shaft on the tarot. Great find. [emoji106] [emoji2]
ricky.davis.129794 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2015, 03:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky.davis.129794 View Post
after i crashed my sport, that orange and black head its split lock right? I guess if I ever need it I guess I'll use my upgraded align dfc head and shaft on the tarot. Great find. [emoji106] [emoji2]
Right, the orange and black head is split lock, and it needs it's own shaft and retaining collar. I stuck an old Align DFC head and shaft on my Tarot (when I bent the Tarot shaft and didn't have a replacement) and they worked fine with no adjustment of the cyclic servo rods.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awsomeness
ricky.davis.129794 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2015, 07:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

The description for the Pro V2 head says, "New looseness-proof feathering shaft with tensile-resistance design applies 480 size." Does anyone know if that feathering shaft is the same as the Align shaft? Doesn't sound like it.

Also, they list a "new style" feathering shaft: http://tarot-rc-heli.com/Tarot_RC_He...haft?limit=100

My old Tarot head was as I recall completely compatible with the Align, but it looks like they're going their own way with this one.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would like to add if you own a tarot 450 pro v2 you can use the align dfc shaft with the tarot black and orange head assembly. All you have to do is drill or modify the hole slightly bigger for the Jesus bolt for the head assembly to fit through. Its only few mm longer than the tarot dfc shaft but I find that to have a little more collective room plus you don't have to use those pain in the a** set collars. [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]
Old 06-11-2015, 01:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky.davis.129794 View Post
Would like to add if you own a tarot 450 pro v2 you can use the align dfc shaft with the tarot black and orange head assembly. All you have to do is drill or modify the hole slightly bigger for the Jesus bolt for the head assembly to fit through. Its only few mm longer than the tarot dfc shaft but I find that to have a little more collective room plus you don't have to use those pain in the a** set collars. [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]
I found this out last night - Jesus bolt too big for Align DFC shaft. I replaced Taort split lock DFC head with Align DFC head and Helioption DFC arms.
465 (6s), Align DFC, HW50AV3, KST315 & 8910A+, SK720BE
lcc014 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2015, 04:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc014 View Post
I found this out last night - Jesus bolt too big for Align DFC shaft. I replaced Taort split lock DFC head with Align DFC head and Helioption DFC arms.
Ya that's what I'm saying the tarot Jesus bolt is to big for that shaft if you modify the hole on the align dfc shaft to accommodate the tarot bolt it will work with the tarot black and orange split lock head.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are several versions of the Tarot heads and feathering shafts out there, and for the most part they're not Align compatible. I much prefer the newest feathering shaft - its bigger, uses larger screws, and does't have any steps
boykster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2015, 08:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by boykster View Post
There are several versions of the Tarot heads and feathering shafts out there, and for the most part they're not Align compatible. I much prefer the newest feathering shaft - its bigger, uses larger screws, and does't have any steps
+1
465 (6s), Align DFC, HW50AV3, KST315 & 8910A+, SK720BE
lcc014 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in