Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gasser Helicopters

Gasser Helicopters Gasser Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fbl microbeast on gasser

hi everyone, im from argenina, i have a trex 700 gasser, with zenoah g270rc, align servos, futaba gv-1 governor and gryphoon voltage regulator... i have intalled a microbeast and Rjx flybarless head... now here is the question, how can i do to minimize vibrations, the heli moves slowly when is hoovering... any idea or suggestion? thanks mates!
lorenb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 03:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

MicroBeast is a vibration tolerant unit. If your heli has some vibes then you need to solve it mechanically. There is nothing to do with the FBL unit except the tail. It may wag but you can minimize it with your TX gain and the tail gain pot on the BX.

Hope this helps.
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Azalin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which tape did you use to mount the gyro? The stock tape did not work well for me. I use two layers of 3m 411. It works well for me.
turboracer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for the tips, i am using a tape that i found at my garage, what do you think about using a velcro around the beastx? i have made some test without blades and with this align velcro the swash still quiet, cero movement it seems to be the key! soon i going to do one fly and will tell you !

Sorry my english, i m from Argentina...

Good flights to everyone!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenb View Post
the heli moves slowly when is hoovering...
Your heli cleans the floor for you? Well I guess it is an align

Is it just a slow drift? May not be vibrations, they usually cause a constant roll rather than drift. Might be worth checking the swash is level.

What mounting tape? Dont use the stock thick white foam, it causes all sorts of problems. Most nitro folks suggest 2 layers of 3M 4011 tape, should work OK for a gasser too.
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

i just put an align velcro around beastx and its seem the swashplate dont vibe anymore, i do this test without blades, now im waiting for good weather condition for fly
Old 07-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

They do seem to prefer hard mounting. Firmer tape usually does the trick. I have an align velcro around mine but it is not very tight. Really only there as a backup for the tape. I found tightening it caused some drifting.

You also need to make absolutely sure you don't have your wires rubbing against the canopy or pulling in any way. It only takes those wires barely touching or pulling and it will drift on you.

Check to make sure you don't have any sub trim in the radio.

Check for a completely level swashplate. If the swash isn't perfectly level, you might notice the heli wanting to tip or lean in one direction after you take off.

It's not always a "one size fits all" fix. Each heli / engine combo is a little different with slightly different vibrations. What I do know for certain, from lots of experience at this point, is that the microbeast WILL work perfectly once you find that perfect mounting combination that works for your particular setup.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Rototerrier! yeahh i believe that combination of thin foam tape and velcro is the key for a fbl gasser! tomorrow maybe i will fly my machine!
Old 07-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

If that solution doesn't work for you.. you may have a high vibe engine..

If all esle fails - mount your beastx on zeal gel tape and strap it down hard..

I find the gel filters out a lot of the high freq vibes..

My HWC600 with SK540 has been flying well on zeal gel and strapped down. But I decided to give the double sided tape a go... no luck, cyclic was going crazy on my and heli basically unflyable. I've gone back to my zeal tape...
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in