Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

Old 03-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #21
pctomlin
Registered Users

I have V 2.06 on a Galaxy Tab 4 and can't get it to connect to the Bump. Any ideas to try.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:53 PM   #22
RevoKelly
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctomlin View Post
I have V 2.06 on a Galaxy Tab 4 and can't get it to connect to the Bump. Any ideas to try.
Are you able to see a REVOBUMP device when you select Scan in the app ?

If not, try going into Android Bluetooth settings and scan to see if it shows up there.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:50 PM   #23
pctomlin
Registered Users

In Bluetooth in the Galaxy it sees the Bump but when you hit pair it comes up with a message about failing to communicate. The Bump CCS app scan mode does not see it. BLE Checker says the Tab is compatible. Could the issue possibly be the Bump being mounted under the deck?
Old 03-14-2016, 09:39 PM   #24
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctomlin View Post
In Bluetooth in the Galaxy it sees the Bump but when you hit pair it comes up with a message about failing to communicate. The Bump CCS app scan mode does not see it. BLE Checker says the Tab is compatible. Could the issue possibly be the Bump being mounted under the deck?
I've noticed that Location services must be enabled on some devices before BT LE scans will succeed - maybe double check that.

Highly doubt that under-deck mount has anything to do with it.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:03 AM   #25
LaDon
Registered Users

Yes there is probably a setup in the tablet that isn't right. Mine took me a bit to get it to work but finally got it to work. It turned out to just be settings in the tablet
Old 03-15-2016, 08:55 AM   #26
pctomlin
Registered Users

I do have location services off, will try that. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:25 PM   #27
pctomlin
Registered Users

Thanks for the suggestions to get hooked up. I guess turning on the location did the trick, linked up and firmware updated to 1.48 over Bluetooth.
The Galaxy Tab 4 works with the Bump.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:20 AM   #28
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Default Bump Controller App 2.15 and Firmware 1.54

Just posted new Android app and firmware - here are the changes:

V 2.15 (Bump FW 1.54) (May 7, 2016)
* FEATURE: Ringer Alert for oper complete
* FEATURE: Prompt to start upgrade instead of auto
* FEATURE: Automatic BT reconnect (5 sec)
* FEATURE: Detailed BT connection state tracking (for troubleshooting)
* FEATURE: BT connect timeout setting
* BUGFIX: BT stuck in WAIT_FOR_APP or SVC
* BUGFIX: Upgrade firmware box shows wrong version
* BUGFIX: BT fails to auto reconnect after firmware upgrade

Bump F/W 1.54
* FEATURE: BT connect state messages
Old 05-09-2016, 08:03 AM   #29
mkovalcson
Registered Users

Very nice!

The ringer alert when a charge is complete will be a great feature!

I also appreciate the optional upgrade. I've had that bite me twice, once at the airfield.
mkovalcson is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:06 PM   #30
Gscott
Registered Users

Any update as to when the battery history and stats will be available?
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:40 AM   #31
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gscott View Post
Any update as to when the battery history and stats will be available?
In beta testing now. Public release will be either this weekend or next depending on what they find and need fixed.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:56 AM   #32
jayf636
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
In beta testing now. Public release will be either this weekend or next depending on what they find and need fixed.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:33 AM   #33
Gscott
Registered Users

Awesome Kelly. I'm still not sure I can make the switch to Android. Do you have an ETA on the IOS version?
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:31 AM   #34
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gscott View Post
Awesome Kelly. I'm still not sure I can make the switch to Android. Do you have an ETA on the IOS version?
The target release is still this fall, but we're not far enough along to be more specific and it could slip closer to end of year given the need to prioritize some other native Bump Controller features higher.

My $.02 on the dilemma ... think about how you want to use it and what pieces are important to you. If you want a relatively large tablet that's dedicated to your charger case/setup and that's pretty much all it's used for, then it may make sense to get an Android tablet where you can get something larger for less money and not worry about taking in/out of the case or carrying it around separately.
On the other end of the spectrum, if you're only going to use the app for gathering battery history and remote control from your iPhone, then I would definitely just wait for the iOS app.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:16 AM   #35
HEXAHYDRATE
Registered Users

I think I was the 1st person to get the new update. The app was $13.99 and I went to get my card and it was $16.99 when I sat back down lol. Also all the comments said for older version.

Finally just updated my Bump from the original firmware. I got it near release but set it aside because it didn't give me the option to choose my power source, and could not manually charge freinds batteries. I have been busy with other projects but finally decided to get into my Bump setup.

Awesome how you can update so easily now as well.

Off to go play with it now...
Old 07-09-2016, 01:19 AM   #36
HEXAHYDRATE
Registered Users

Well I didn't get to play very long unfortunately lol.

I got the CCS app installed and updated the Bump to the latest firmware. I am using a Galaxy 4S I think it is.

I was a bit glitchy trying to connect to blue tooth, but finally decided to connect for whatever reason. It did seem to reconnect pretty much instantly after that so that seems ok now.

I am able to get a connection. I can see both channels of my Dual PL8 and can switch between the 2 channels. And I can see the voltage of my power supplies. So all good up until that point.

If I Bump a battery on channel 1 and start the charge I see all of the info displayed on my Bump as normal. But the screen on my phone is the same as it was before I start the charge.

After charging has begun, soon as I touch any option on the CCS app it crashes. If I try to switch to channel 2 after channel 1 is already charging the Bump Controller beeps and the tab for channel 1 turned kind of a brown color I think.

After the app crashes and force closes, I can go back to normal Bump control.

If I restart the app it is very strange. It will now think my channel 1 is a PL6. It now at least lists the battery I am charging and I can see some info on the screen. But also listed are 2 Gens Ace logos with a 3 beside them??? I click on them and an option to clear comes up, but that options seems to have no effect. And once again, as soon as I touch my phone to switch channels or choose an option the app crashes and the Bump Controller beeps.

Hard to explain sorry but unfortunately if I was going to make video it would have to be with the phone I am using for the Bump lol.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:14 AM   #37
HEXAHYDRATE
Registered Users

I tried the app again this morning and it was working ok charging on channel 1.

But then I started a charge on channel 2. As soon as I tried to switch between channels on the phone the app crashed again repeatedly on every attempt.

Also after restarting the app this time, the app recognizes my Dual PL8 as not just 1, but 2 PL6's this time. When in turn it on initially it always displays as 2 PL8's. But after crash and restart it changes to PL6's with the Gens Ace logos on the screen etc.

I did send an error report this time to Google Play so I hope that helps...
Old 07-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #38
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXAHYDRATE View Post
I tried the app again this morning and it was working ok charging on channel 1.

But then I started a charge on channel 2. As soon as I tried to switch between channels on the phone the app crashed again repeatedly on every attempt.

Also after restarting the app this time, the app recognizes my Dual PL8 as not just 1, but 2 PL6's this time. When in turn it on initially it always displays as 2 PL8's. But after crash and restart it changes to PL6's with the Gens Ace logos on the screen etc.

I did send an error report this time to Google Play so I hope that helps...
Congratulations - you've submitted the very first crash report !!!

I'd like to think we've been running for several months without a single crash, but I suspect there have been a few crashes that haven't been reported - DOING THE ERROR REPORT IS A HUGE HELP when trying to locate crashes, so please do so anytime you see something new.

For your crash in particular, it is crashing in an area of code where the specs of the battery are getting loaded into the UI view, so it makes me think there's something unusual about the specs of that battery that the code is not handling properly - please do the following and think we'll be able to nail this down pretty quick:

1. Take a pic of the Battery Details screen of the battery on the Bump Controller ... I can duplicate that BumpTag and see if I can reproduce.

2. Try using different batteries and switching between charger 1 and 2 ... see if you can narrow it down to a particular charger or battery or something else.

3. I'll be posting the latest version of the app later today, so upgrade to that version, make it crash again (i'm presuming that it will), then file another crash report. Having the exact code location of the crash within the latest app will help me narrow it down more quickly.

The last part (seeing PL6's and Gen Ace logos) is most likely a side-affect of the crash and the app getting stuck in an inconsistent state - something i will also look at, but pretty sure thats only something you would see after a crash.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:57 PM   #39
HEXAHYDRATE
Registered Users

Ok thanks alot I will get on that stuff and also continue to do error reports.

What do in win for the 1st crash report lol?
Old 07-09-2016, 03:13 PM   #40
Thorvald
Registered Users

Your next battery charge is free!

RCHN #63 C.W.B
Thorvald is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support