Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question WOW, WHATA GREAT FORUMN!

or thread.. i dunno. I am new to forumn. as soon as I saw the hbfp forumn or thread, i registered. I got my hbv2 today! and it is sooooo unstable and vibrating with the training gear! but the training gear paid for it self 3 fold already!

if i roll to the right, do i roll left to conpensate to re level or does it do it anyway like a solo pro or a blade msr or a fp micro
felixthemaster is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome!!
Lots of great people on here who are very knowledgeable and helpful.
I'd start by reading the stickies at the top....lots of answers there.

React to drift with very small, smooth stick movements in the opposite direction, it takes some practice...a simulator will help you practice without risking damage. I'd also suggest getting some SuperBlades EZ.

http://www.super-skids.com/superblades.htm

Those really helped me with learning to hover.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is what I started with:
http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

OMG, good old days
robbancs is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
if i roll to the right, do i roll left to conpensate to re level or does it do it anyway like a solo pro or a blade msr or a fp micro
It certainly won't level itself; you have to do that I'm afraid. Once it starts going in one direction, even if you let the stick centre, it will keep going in that direction!!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
It certainly won't level itself; you have to do that I'm afraid. Once it starts going in one direction, even if you let the stick centre, it will keep going in that direction!!
When i first flew it today in a gust, it flew pretty fast straight towards someone's 3rd floor window. I waited for the heli to self level out and stop hurling at someones window. I saw his face and I dont think he was too calm

then somehow i managed to not hit anything and decend slowly avoiding falling on any cars. I found out that I am pretty lucky at not hitting obstacles! maybe its a fluke, maybe its a gift, i dont know. (i think fluke)
Old 10-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome FTM. You've arrived at the right place for friendly help.

Only one rule here, there's no such thing as a dumb question but you may get a few different answers. So ask away.

Keep in touch with your progress and BTW videos are warmly received

Bugster is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
+1

Most of the sub micro fp helis have a flybar off set at 45° which has a tendency to auto level the heli (real helicopters do not have this tendency)

The Bee has the flybar off set at 90° which still stabilizes the heli but allows it to maintain a heading without lots of stick input. The down side is that you need to cancel out every move you make to get a stable hover. Almost all* larger helis have this tendency too, so that's why the Bee is so great to learn on if you eventually wanna fly the big boys.

*There are exceptions too this, some electronic stabilization systems auto hover when you give no input. Also the larger the heli the easier it is to get to a stable hover as they respond more smoothly to input on the sticks.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Esky is the best heli if you plan on stepping up. For laughs last year I bought an SR 120 just to play with and to kinda replace the Bee that I sold. 2 months after flying the 120, I sold it. No that it was a bad heli. It just was no help when comparing to my 450.

I had very little problems when moving up from my bee to the 450 CP.

You made a good choice. Welcome to the insanity of it all!
Chris Arena is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2011, 07:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steemo View Post
+1

Most of the sub micro fp helis have a flybar off set at 45° which has a tendency to auto level the heli (real helicopters do not have this tendency)

The Bee has the flybar off set at 90° which still stabilizes the heli but allows it to maintain a heading without lots of stick input. The down side is that you need to cancel out every move you make to get a stable hover. Almost all* larger helis have this tendency too, so that's why the Bee is so great to learn on if you eventually wanna fly the big boys.

*There are exceptions too this, some electronic stabilization systems auto hover when you give no input. Also the larger the heli the easier it is to get to a stable hover as they respond more smoothly to input on the sticks.
totally true....it will not self stabilize but that is one of the benefits..if you can master this one and get it to fly well then you will be ready for the bigger heli's for sure...i can only fly Collective pitch now casue of heli's like my Honey Bee teaching me the right stick control...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arena View Post
Esky is the best heli if you plan on stepping up. For laughs last year I bought an SR 120 just to play with and to kinda replace the Bee that I sold. 2 months after flying the 120, I sold it. No that it was a bad heli. It just was no help when comparing to my 450.

I had very little problems when moving up from my bee to the 450 CP.

You made a good choice. Welcome to the insanity of it all!
yes welcome! as stated in a previous post..don't hesitate to ask any question of feel like it is dumb...really good core of guys in here who just want to help!
Old 10-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default First hover and crash

never mind i messed up
Old 10-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

You just told the tall of all Heli pilots. "First flight and Crash"!
Take it one step at a time and you will get thru it!
Chris Arena is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Yv0kzegFo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Old 10-28-2011, 05:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You're doing fine FTM - we all recognise the stage you're at and remember it well.

Some 100% rock solid advice from Luke above - sort those vibrations out !

Also did you notice that on the occasions when you got the heli about a metre high you were more in control and the heli was more stable. This is because you got out of the "dirty" air and turbulence near the ground caused by the wash from the rotors hitting the ground then bouncing back up into the blades and disturbing the bird. As soon as you feel comfortable try to keep the heli about a metre high (or more) and you will feel the difference

Great vid keep 'em coming

Old 10-28-2011, 05:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

you actually liked the video? I thought you guys didnt like videos but watched them to help us out!

thanks!

anyway, the training gear is at fault. all little vibrations are amplified. especially because i got a bad batch and it broke easily just from landing from less than a meter!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Training gear won't save you (or itself) in a crash. It is there to help you at the initial learning stage when many people will tip a heli over on take off or landing...or when scooting around on the floor (as per Radds). It gives a wider base and so help prevent this....but it won't be much good as a crash shock absorber!!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh I see! and the training gear always gets caught on the grass and tips me over!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, grass isn't necessarily a good surface to fly from / over, for the reasons you have mentioned. Concrete will of course scuff where grass doesn't, but actually, grass doesn't really give much of a softer landing and can cause more accidents as it will snag moving parts that concrete doesn't.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

the concrete had cars parked on them so....
Old 10-28-2011, 05:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
the concrete had cars parked on them so....
... take off from the cars

Short grass and gravel seem to work best for me
Old 10-28-2011, 05:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdouden View Post
... take off from the cars
Don't you just love this forum

Closed Thread

Tags
beginner, day, honey bee repair mod tail, honey bee v2, hover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in