Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Head speed

I have a 5000KV motor on 12T pinion. Headspeed is said to be about 5200 at 100%throttle. What should it be? I have the plastic blades and a set of carbons.
Cheers
weelee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

5000kv X 11.1V x12t / 120t X 90% efficienty = 4995RPM. Depending on your motor, you're likely less than 90% efficient. I'm using the Turnigy 4800kv motor with a 12t pinion and my headspeed is measured at 4450RPM.
bwoollia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Cheers i was wondering if anyone was going to respond. So with Carbon blades i should be fine. What about the plastic ones?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure what they are rated for. Why bother?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Just for set up. Don't want to wreck my new CF blades in the first flight because something went wrong. I'd rather trash the plastics.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe lower your throttle curve for the initial setup, then install the CF's for 100% flat and final setup. Not really sure what the plastics are rated for.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
dze
Registered Users

you'll be fine with plastics on the 250. i guarantee the carbons will break before the plastic ones do .. the decision on plastics and carbons on my 250 are about response not headspeed .. carbons have a faster response, also on mine anyway switching between blades can throw the whole setup off and how the tail reacts so i would just put on whatever you plan on flying to dial in the bird .. want a more forgiving cyclic feel go plastic, want it real crisp use carbons ..
dze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

wow, guarantee huh? thats a big statement. I wouldn't use anything but carbons at those headspeeds as they may fly apart. I don't no about you but I wouldn't wanna catch a blade at that speed or anyspeed for that matter!
brianr058 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2010, 06:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Aling caution not to go over 4660 head speed..you guys are looking for trouble...
UH1H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2010, 08:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm not sure why you think you need 5000 HS, I fly mine at 4500 in set rpm mode with a castle creation ESC, I have the Scorpion 2208-3600 motor and a 16tooth pinion.
The motor you are using is probably a 2S motor, like on a Guai. But I would think that the CF would be the only blade I would spin that fast?
Old 07-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For a very brief time I ran a Scorp 3900kv and a 16T pinion, while I was waiting for the 15T to come back in stock after an unfortunate grub screw stripping. I tached the HS at 100% and it was 5200ish. I flew it for 2 packs that way and was nervous the whole time. I later reduced it to 85% which brought it back to the 4500-4600 range which is a great HS.

The plastics "probably" won't break at that speed but they will track like crap! You may run the risk of a crazy vibe and tracking issues that may cause problems because they are so flexible. I wouldn't even consider of running the plastics at 4500+ HS on mine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in