Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters

Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters Electric Micro Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2016, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Considering Blade Nano CPS

It's time for a new micro.... I've been working on my orientation and general flying skills (figure 8s, etc...) with my old Mcpx v.2 for a couple of months now. It was already hanging on by a thread, but today I killed it. I tried to replace the tail boom, which I've CA'd back together more times than I can count, with a shortened 120SR tail. Bad idea. So now I'm in the market for a new micro to keep working on my skills with, without risking the 450.

I've been strongly considering the XK K110 or K120, but for about the same price I believe I can just pick up a Nano CPS off the shelf at my local hobby shop. I also wasn't too thrilled with having to use a different Tx for the K110 or 120, but understand that the one that comes with the RTF is actually pretty decent. As an added bonus, I think I should be able to buy replacement parts and spares off the shelf also, instead of having to order online.

Is there any reason I should stay away from the CPS and stick with the XK? Is one of these a significantly better trainer than the other for larger CP helis? I'm an intermediate flyer, still working on orientation and flying clean figure 8s, circles etc... but can easily putt around and have some fun with the 450 without being dangerous. I have aspirations of some 3D, but not there yet.
Scott07 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2016, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have only owned the nano cpx and the V977, and the V977 is more durable and flies better than the nano.

XK is an upgraded V977 from what I've read and the nano cps is not really an upgrade to a cpx unless you are after a heli with SAFE. From what I've read it has been more of a problem and not an asset on the cps.

I was in the market for a micro for winter basement flying. Went with the 977 over the cps and so far like it and the supplied tx alot more than I thought I would.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

V977 flies very well and does 3d pretty good toom. The servos don't twitch like they did with my blade micros so it feels very stable and smooth compared to my cpx.

Also, both the nano cpx I owned would bug out if you bumped the ground too hard blade scraping or into anything, 977 can fly right through the same oops moment and not even blink.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The safe technology really isn't something I'm after or would probably use with this small of a heli, so that's not a factor for me. hmmm... its sounding like from what I've read here and over on the 100 size forum that the k110 is the way to go. I really like the idea of being able to get parts at the LHS instead of online, but thinking ultimately that convenience isn't worth compromising for the twitchier of the two helis.
Scott07 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2016, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I personally like Blade products and have several as well as a V977. My only complaint about the 977 has always been that the radio that comes with it is locked in to the settings that is was programmed for.

I currently have a K100 ordered (RTF) because I found a steal on it on Ebay. ($69.50 shipped) . I'm buying this somewhat for the radio as well as the Heli, as it looks like XK is getting into the helicopter end pretty big, and hope to buy some bnf's down the road. From everything I have heard, the transmitter is very good, futaba protocol with a range of around 800 meters. I also have a Nano CP S coming in tomorrow from Amazon that I had ordered before I stumbled on to the K100. The tiny crack is very hard to see, and will result in a lack of lift. I'm debating a little about sending the CP S back to be honest, although I probably won't after I see it in person.

Parts availability has always been the major advantage of the Blade stuff to me, and the added feature of actually being able to call them about a problem.

That being said however, keep in mind that parts for these little helicopters (K100, K120) are cheap enough that you can actually stock spares of the most likely parts to have to be replaced without having a lot of money invested.

Buy several main gears...these are very thin with fine teeth and will get damaged if you crash them enough. The are somewhat bad about the inside hub that goes on the main shaft developing a hairline crack and slipping on the shaft. A spare tail boom would not be bad to have as well as spares for the motors.
jimw1956 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in