Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
Just spray painted every white part, METALLIC!
Well... lets see it my friend.

Just got back from flying my 450X with ICE 50 ESC w/gov and DS5065MG cyclic servos and DS95i MKS tail.

This thing is freeken amazing ( it was before ) but now its so damn smooth. Its just perfect!!

I did not think I was going to be able to tell the difference between the cyclic servos but I was wrong, they are just buttery fast and smooth, a very connected feel I did not have before. And the tail is stupid cool.
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Awww man, that sounds awesome!!

I'll post some pics as soon as I can...
BigEast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, I've just recovered from a broken arm and have been in the dark (hobby wise) for quite a while. Is there anything new out there for the Blade 450X? Are all of your 450X's doing well? How 'bout any new groundbreaking mods? I just want to hear anything, ANYTHING!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey brother, well seems we have just ben working out motor options for people that did not want to updat the esc... thats about all I know of.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've read in the Motor fail thread that some people are loctiting the bearing's inner race to the shaft, should this be done? Also is it necessary to oil the bearing semi-frequently? I have tri-flow that I use on my small helis.

Ben
benboy207 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2012, 02:07 AM   #106 (permalink)
Automotive technician - but really a rocket scientist

The loctite isnt proven, i wouldnt want to risk getting any in the actual bearing. I put a couple drops on the top bearing and let it sit all night, then flip the heli over and put a couple drops on the bottom bearing and let it sit upside down all night every 15 flights or so... Double check your gear mesh isnt to tight. From what i can gather it seems like thats what kills the bearings.
meatwad99si is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, Blade 450 3DFlies fine, but I cant seem to get rid of tail wag when I rev up before take off and also when spooling down after landing. It doesnt happen in flight. I'm guessing it's the gyro, but fiddle as I might, nothing seems to make any difference. It stops after take off. Any ideas? It shakes kinda violently but in the air it stope,,,,,Drifts a little though. I have the gyro gain set at 54 in the governor menu the scale goes from 0-125. Now I also have training gear on in the grass. Pavement seems to be a little better. I have a normal throttle flat curve of 80 80 80 80 80 80 and basically set the stick to mid 50% and release throttle hold. Find 80 across the board makes the pitch/ altitude control easier. Have a pitch curve fron 40 to 85.

Tried to raise the gain to 75 but I got quick wagging in the air.......Very Odd : ((
hidaven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
Hi, Blade 450 3DFlies fine, but I cant seem to get rid of tail wag when I rev up before take off and also when spooling down after landing. It doesnt happen in flight. I'm guessing it's the gyro, but fiddle as I might, nothing seems to make any difference. It stops after take off. Any ideas? It shakes kinda violently but in the air it stope,,,,,Drifts a little though. I have the gyro gain set at 54 in the governor menu the scale goes from 0-125. Now I also have training gear on in the grass. Pavement seems to be a little better. I have a normal throttle flat curve of 80 80 80 80 80 80 and basically set the stick to mid 50% and release throttle hold. Find 80 across the board makes the pitch/ altitude control easier. Have a pitch curve fron 40 to 85.

Tried to raise the gain to 75 but I got quick wagging in the air.......Very Odd : ((
Possibly a vibration issue?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys, as much as I hate to say it, I need help...

When spooling up, there's a rigorous shake in the heli. This is after about two months of being grounded.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
Guys, as much as I hate to say it, I need help...

When spooling up, there's a rigorous shake in the heli. This is after about two months of being grounded.
You sure it's not just your blades settling? There's a period of about 1-2 seconds where it'll bounce around a bit while they blades are aligned.
azezeil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope, it's after that. Thanks for the reply though.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the 11tooth pinion a good option
TonyWest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've heard that the 11t pinion makes the heli extremely intimidating. Even the developer doesn't recommend it. Lol.

I'd actually change to the 9t pinion for fun. Longer flight times, smoother/faster acceleration, still great power, possibly less "bogging", etc., etc.

Last edited by BigEast; 06-23-2012 at 11:47 AM..
Old 06-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Apparently I warped my tail blades and both gears with spray paint so that is why I have a horrible shake. After those are replaced, I'll focus on hopping the heli up with most if not all of the aluminum accessories from HH. Probably going to increase weight by 50-100 grams but oh well. I'm also going to try out the new REVOLUTION blades and/or the DFC head. Last but not least I will purchase the well-known Scorpion motor. Unfortunately, I've got the modding bug
Old 04-23-2016, 12:13 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have replaced all the plastic... the tail upgrades has made a big difference, all lynx upgrades from the case to the thrusted grips. That took all the wag out.. flys really smooth now. The thrusted tail grips was hard to find... took a while but finally got them directly from Lynx.
Gerald01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2016, 04:54 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldcook0899@gmail.com View Post
I have replaced all the plastic... the tail upgrades has made a big difference, all lynx upgrades from the case to the thrusted grips. That took all the wag out.. flys really smooth now. The thrusted tail grips was hard to find... took a while but finally got them directly from Lynx.
Hi Gerald
I have been playing with the tail for a while now and still have a wag,that just wouldn't go away
I have upgrade to lynx parts except for the blade grips and tail slider but the wag continues
Found they where not making any of the 450x tail upgrades anymore
Will keep trying though ,my gain is down to about 60 and just flys like a piece of €¥¥€¥¥
Any tips you have for the tail would be great
Cheers watho
watho 46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2016, 05:28 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whatho

While Lynx has unfortunately bailed on 450x parts the tail parts are still being produced since the 360cfx uses the same tail.

The biggest challenge seems to be in finding some in stock. Every time I've contacted Lynx they've told me stock will be available soon but it still seems to be hit and miss, but they are out there.

Cheers
Wrencher62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2016, 12:33 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrencher62 View Post
Whatho

While Lynx has unfortunately bailed on 450x parts the tail parts are still being produced since the 360cfx uses the same tail.

The biggest challenge seems to be in finding some in stock. Every time I've contacted Lynx they've told me stock will be available soon but it still seems to be hit and miss, but they are out there.

Edit; just jumped on the lynx site and the blade grips and slider are in stock
Hopefully should be able to get this tail right for once ,fingers crossed

Cheers
Thanks wrencher
Well that's one thing I've learnt today
Never relised they had the same tail
I'll keep looking and get this tail right if it kills me

Cheers watho
watho 46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in