Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters

Scale Helicopters Discussions About Scale Helis, compatibility and and projects

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2016, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 600 scale with Logo mechanics

I would like to build my first scale (MD 500E) heli. But, with logo mechanics. Would a logo 690SX combo box will suit?
Scorpion motor 4525-380kv, 15 pinion. YGE 120 HV.

Thanks in advance,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2016, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've built two scale birds using logo mechanics. The last one was a Marvelcraft Bell 407. I'm not sure which MD500E fuse you're planning on using but I would think the logo would be fine. Heli Center Berlin also makes a nice 500E fuse.
MarkH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2016, 01:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Look at Don's build. His nick is Keyrigger. He used a logo in a Md500 fuselage..

Gh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
goodhunting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2016, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, I allready saw the build of Keyrigger. Very nice !
I think i will buy a fuselage from funkey. Because the fuselage from Berline are to expensive.

First of all, get the 690sx. But instead of a scorpion motor, I prefer a xnova. These are powerful and running very cool.
Perhaps the xnova 4035-400kv.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Hi:

That motor will work well with the right gearing. I would try the Mod 1 106t main gear with a 14t pinion for a total head speed at a governed top speed at 92.5% of 1600rpm. It will fly like a dream. The main part of this is the boom length and belt. I would not worry too much about the diameter (I think the SX uses the 25mm boom) as you will need to cut the SX down to the length of the 500SE (690mm) and use this belt, P/N MIK 0834. All that is then needed is to cut the length of the rear rotor pushrod to the size needed. Hope this helps.

Don

PS: Thanks for the comps, guys.
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2016, 06:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you very much !

This is build information +2 !

I am not afraid to tweak. But, wouldn't be better to use a smaller logo ?
Something like a logo 600se? Or will be there other short comings ?
Mainly a 600 and 690 are the same. Some parts are improved.
It doesn't need to be a 690sx. I only would like to make my first steps in heli scale building.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

The main difference in the 600 and the 690 is the gearing from my recollection. The 690 uses the heavy duty Mod 1 gears as opposed to the thinner ones of the 600. The boom is still the same diameter, however. If cost factor comes into play, a 600 could be had for less money, I am sure, which would leave the 690 for other projects like maybe a 700+ size scale bird. It's really up to you as you can make both work in the same body. My own preference is to use the much smaller boom of the 500SE so that I have some room in the back to run wires and the control linkage out to the tail. It also means a new tail system from the older 500 3D but if you are trying to get things as small as possible (like I was), you go where you need to and don't sweat the details, lol. No matter which way, it will turn out successful. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2016, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks !
Old 08-25-2016, 11:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The key to deciding on whether to use the Logo 500SE, 550SX, 600, 600SE, or the 690SX is among other things the blade length the model will use. Logos have many overlapping parts, with just a few key differences to suit blade length and how much power and how aggressively the model is going to be flown.

The 690SX is built to withstand the most aggressive 12S powered 690mm blade length 3D flying, and of all the above Logos listed, has the most "SX" specific parts than any of the rest. I would say the 690SX is not the best frames set for a "700" class scale ship. More than you need really. See the vid below as an example of how a 690SX can be flown.

ROTOR Live 2014 , Kyle Dahl - Logo 690SX 690 SX , Hard 3D flight , 300 Meter Autorotation *HD* (3 min 59 sec)

A step down from the 690SX is the 600SE (a stretched version of the 600), and it will swing 690mm blades on 10S in a scale fuse at 1400 to1800 rpms all day long.

As an example of the performance you can get, see my son flying a 13 pound Heli-Center-Berlin H500 in the video below. That model is equipped in the video with a two bladed head swinging 690mm blades, but I have the same model equipped with a 5 bladed head swinging very scale length 600mm Rotortech narrow scale blades. Performance is almost identical, except the flight time with the 5 blades head is about 25% less. Not really an issue though. Note the flight time in the vid is 7:00+ minutes...doing constant 3D flying. I have that model now, and just flying it "scale like", I set my timer for 10 minutes, and with my 5 bladed model, 8 minutes.

Kyle Dahl-Scale Logo 600-2010 OC Fun Fly (7 min 48 sec)

Going down from there to a 600mm length blade fuse, I'd use the 600 or the 500SE (which is a stretched version of the Logo 500 and has a smaller diameter boom than the Logo 600, and will accommodate 600mm blades). I have a Logo 500SE installed in a "600 class" Airwolf powered by a 6S 5000mah pack swinging 600mm blades...8 minute flights.

Note: the 550SX is specifically designed for 550mm class blades and hard 3D flying (like the 690SX). But, if you are real familiar with the Logo line and the parts differences between models, you could use appropriate Logo parts to stretch a 550 to 600mm blades like the 500SE if you wanted to.

Logos are very versatile, but, in addition to blade length for sizing to a fuse, the distance from the main shaft to the tail rotor shaft is pretty much set and fixed due to the frames design and belt length...and changing that is not really an option.

Hope this helps sort out all the "Logo" options.

(-: Dave Dahl
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2016, 03:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Dave !
I appreciate your thoughts.
BTW, Send your son my regards. He is one off the guys I'm following in the 3D world. Big pilot !

Back to my project,
In my local shops the logo 500 are all sold out. I doubt between the 550SE or the 690sx as new model.
The 550SE has original a 22x690mm tail boom. Which fits exactly into the 600 fuse. No cutting or ordering extra tail, belt,... parts are needed. (fuse will be from scaleflying.de due to shipping costs and taxes) I live in Belgium, Europe.
A logo 550SE, ready to fly + 600 fuse will be around the same cost of a 690SX.
On a logo 600, I have to cut the boom, order new belt and blades, to fit a 600 scale fuse. I think, the logo 600 has no big advantages above the 550se even it has 106 gear and some upgrades parts. It's for scale flying, big air but no smack 3D.

Somewhere there is a little voice which says: why a 550se ? This is about the same size as your Goblin 570. Go bigger.
Not, I would like too have the biggest, but the logo 690sx looks like a beloved machine.
It will be my first logo, as upgrade to my fleet. (Btw, received today my Vbar Control and would love to get home and start to update my G570).
I know, a logo in a scale fuse isn't the same as a 'naked' logo. But, I would like to experience the 'logo feeling'.
The 690sx needs a 700 fuse.
This one will be about 500€ shipped. Total build cost will be around 2300€. I think, more than enough for a first scale build.

Those Mikado scale fuses are very nice builds. I think, it's only 'installing' your logo into the fuse and go out for fun. Sturdy, no shimming.
Will be there 'build' pleasure ?
If those were less expensive they will be on top off my list. Because they are capable for smooth 3d, big air. So even when you are out with a scale body, you could have some fun from both worlds.
Unless, does someone have a link to a European shop for less than 900€ ?

So in a nutshell, for a first scale ;
690sx: Recent heli, bigger, better upgrades, higher build cost
550SE: About the same size of current fleet, completed for the same price as a new 690sx.

Manu
Old 09-30-2016, 08:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pushed the button. Bought a logo 600SE and a 700 size fuselage MD500E G Jive Blue.
At the moment I'am building the mechanics. Nothing fancy.
Once starting with the fuselage, I'll post the progress in a new topic.

Sheers,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in