Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #781 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmeow View Post
I'm not sure what you are looking for but if it's the manuals, they are here:

http://www.heliproz.com/Manuals.asp

Learnerboy... go to the link in this post and download whatever you need. The Align 450 pro is pretty close (except for the tail if you have a belt).
j32driver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #782 (permalink)
Registered Users

Googling shows this link: http://helirc.org/article/cheap450part1.pdf and corresponding part 2. But the link is dead. It seems the helirc.org domain is up for sale.

Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnerboy View Post
Hi i have only just got in to RC Heli and i have been bitten. My first was a Belt CP on 35htz TX/RX and now i have a HK450 (hoping to get a 2.4 TX/RX from santa). At the moment i have not flown it and i was hoping you could send me the the PDF files called "cheap450part1.pdf" and "cheap450part2.pdf". i have tried the links you have attached and cant seem to find them.
I have found that being able to repair from crashes is easy if you know how it was put together in the first place. As i bought it second hand it came assembled so i need to know what to do when i do crash.
Not sure if you can attach file to 'reply's'. if not let me know and i'll send my e-mail address.
Thank you.
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #783 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I have been pretty much out of circulation for quite some time .. I will attempt to upload what I have on another server and post a link to it.

I tried to upload the old PDF files but there was a problem, hopefully I will have them up later tonight.

I just checked this link and its all still available ??

http://hk-helis.com/index.php?option...tegory&catid=2

Craig
Racer38 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #784 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just another tidbit, dont try and use the Telebee gyro, you will go crazy !! The GA-410 works well and any of the Turnigy stuff should be Ok as well.

I will most likely be getting back to the hobby in the next few months and will be doing a HK-500 build by the time we get the dreaded white stuff up here in New England so stay tuned for further developments. Ok now time to find a good deal on a DX-8 ...
Old 09-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #785 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got a good deal on a DX8 but the links above still are no good, all I get is this

The recommended file wasn't found!

Please inform your Webmaster!
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #786 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yup the file links arent working.. I will try to fix them over the weekend ..

On another note I will be posting on the HK-500GT kit in the next couple of days. The 450 is a bit twitchy for some new flyers so I have decided to try a HK-500 build up.

Craig
Old 09-18-2011, 04:54 AM   #787 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well I think I have fixed the downloads on the hk-heli web site. Could someone check them and let me know.

Not sure what happened and I still need to enter descriptions and do some editing.

Thanks

Craig
Old 09-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #788 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still don't think it's working. I tried the link above and got this:

No files available yet for this category!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #789 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok did you go to http://hk-helis.com then go to downloads and follow the menus to download the files ?? Works from here so I am curious ..
Old 09-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #790 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, working now but I had to click it twice. First time gives me the "no files" message. Click it a second time and the folder opens up. Or, double click the folder and it'll open up.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #791 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for all the work and the info. I am very interested in a build like this.
Mojos Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #792 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Newby

I will keep ths short I am new to this hobby and love it been flying coax and I have a walkera V200d02 that I can move around the yard. Nothing big but I am getting the controls down. I have been wanting a 450 heli not mainly to do 3D but I hear its a little easier on a 450. I was thinking of either buying a Copterx 450 kit or wowhobbies has one already built with a 2801 Pro that comes with it. I want to build one but I would also like to have one built more less a guide to go off of. I will build one of these 450 soon but can anyone tell me how the 450 Trex or Copterx flys. Am I jumping to soon into the 450. I like my Walkera 200 its easy to work on and pretty easy to fly once I got that take of going left thing down. I just hear that 450 are a bit more stable then these micro heli. anyway 450 good for a guy like me. man I love this hobby like working on them love to fly them.
Gogupgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #793 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default what receiver?

Thanks Racer. I ordered my Hk-450 kit and am shopping for Tx (Dx6i) but need to know what rx to get as I am without a clue to this stuff and depend on your great thread and web site to make it all work. ARxxxx? Also, are HK's clone receivers a good option?
wiseold1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #794 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseold1 View Post
Thanks Racer. I ordered my Hk-450 kit and am shopping for Tx (Dx6i) but need to know what rx to get as I am without a clue to this stuff and depend on your great thread and web site to make it all work. ARxxxx? Also, are HK's clone receivers a good option?
Never used a HK Clone RX, I always just used a spektrum RX ..
Old 01-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #795 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dx6i receiver

The electronics is still a dartboard selection for me. I guess I will try to find an AR6210 and hope it is what I need.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #796 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The AR6100 series rx's are perfect for the 450 class heli's. In fact I have a Ar6100e I will send you for 30$
flatlander77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #797 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default dartboard bullseye

Fantastic, problem solved :^)
Old 01-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #798 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander77 View Post
The AR6100 series rx's are perfect for the 450 class heli's. In fact I have a Ar6100e I will send you for 30$
It is a deal. I sent you a pm, if my "pm" skills have not failed me.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #799 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thought I throw in my 2 cents on this topic, the clone rx works fine, its called the orangerx. I have a few of them sitting around as spares just in case. For 6 bucks you can't beat the price. I have the hk450 se v2. Its pretty good for beginner flying, which is exactly the kind of flying I do.

I went ahead and spent 100 bucks on chinese feathering shafts, main shafts, stuff like that, so I'm set for the time being. I didn't go cheap on electronics though. Well I have a turnigy esc and moter, both of which are fine, but I went with JR cyclic servos, a futaba TR servo, and a JR 770 gyro. You can get a brand new 770 for like 80 bucks on ebay so there's really no reason to buy a no name one for 50 bucks imo.

The JR 285 servos I'm using are a decent choice too because you can get 3 of them for 40 dollars brand new, and the gear sets cost 3 dollars each. or you could spend 20 each on metal gears. Understand they are a slow servo though, so not for 3d.

If you go with the no name servos you are likely going to end up replacing them more often, and possibly spending more in the long run for an inferior product.

Oh and the zippy batteries are good but for a dollar more you can get the turnigy, which are even better, and for another extra dollar, you can get the nano turnigy, which is the best of all.
infamousnation is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #800 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousnation View Post
I went ahead and spent 100 bucks on chinese feathering shafts, main shafts, stuff like that, so I'm set for the time being. I didn't go cheap on electronics though. Well I have a turnigy esc and moter, both of which are fine, but I went with JR cyclic servos, a futaba TR servo, and a JR 770 gyro. You can get a brand new 770 for like 80 bucks on ebay so there's really no reason to buy a no name one for 50 bucks imo..
What are "feathering shafts" and what is different about the main shaft you mentioned? And thanks for your post. The other stuff in your post was good too. cause I know I will be replacing a lot of stuff. This is so exciting!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in