Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T700N Center of Gravity...

Hi,

I got a problem with my cog. Beside im tailheavy, I have to trim the heli to the right, obviously the cog is too far at the left. My swashplate was leveled perfectly with a leveling-tool. Where is this caused from, the silencer? Am I the only one with this problem or do you have to trim to? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards, Max
face992 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can check your fly bar paddles that may help. But yes you have to trim for flight even if the swashplate was leveled perfectly you also have to work out the interactions aswell. Your CG can be changed by moving your electronics and battery around at half a tank. Hope this helps
Spektrum DX8,AMA#849731

Last edited by nitro burner; 05-02-2010 at 06:05 PM..
nitro burner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes thanks, I'll try to adjust it again. But why do I have to trim to the right? Is this normal?
Old 05-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by face992 View Post
Yes thanks, I'll try to adjust it again. But why do I have to trim to the right? Is this normal?
The tail roor pushes the heli to the left so right trim is ok. Heli's don't hover exactly vertical.
Stillakid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 02:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know, but you shouldn't need trim because of this. If I dont trim my heli, it tips over to the left and would fly away in this direction. This isnt sth caused by the tail rotor I think...
Old 05-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can test for lateral CG by holding the flybar inline with the boom, and seeing which way the heli leans. If it leans to the left, then you've narrowed down the problem to a lateral CG problem.

There are issues if you use trim to correct for CG problems. If you trim it to be fine when upright, you'll be twice as bad inverted. This goes for both fore/aft CG and lateral CG.
IrishT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, thats why it bothers me. Assumend that it is a lateral CG-problem, what could I do against it? All my electronics are pretty much placed on the long axis or so much that the shouldnt affect the CG. Only thing I could probably do is to place the elevator servo on the other side... Any ideas?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you talking about the heli banking to the left or drifting to the left? If you set your heli up perfectly, with a perfectly level swash, it will never fly level. With so much thrust from the tail to counteract the torque, the heli will drift left. All helis with a tail rotor will hover with a slight tilt toward the direction of the tail's thrust.

If it is banking left, weed out any interactions you might have. Also check your trims for each flight mode. If they aren't set to common, you could inadvertently be setting trims when you switch flight modes, or come out of T-hold. Also check to make sure you didn't have any trim when you did your setup.

Hope this helps,
Martin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in