Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...) > DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM) DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 03:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

No Mac version for the Phantom?
lowandslow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 04:28 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with all the customer support issues and the DJI poster is certainly proving the point. I come to this forum because all of you users are my customer support. This is where I get my information. The only thing I need the manufacturer for is a return.

Having said that I'm diving in with a Phantom 2 and fancy go pro support. Doing my due diligence I find the transmitter/receiver are 2.4 Ghz so.....can I use my DX8 as a transmitter or am I stuck using the supplied transmitter?

Thanks in advance for the user support!
sailmfast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 10:49 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Scared away...

I was thinking of getting a Phantom 2. After reading this thread it doesn't sound like a good idea at this time. The people on these forums are a great resource to help figure things out but being able to contact the company for advice is important as well. Your comments scared me away.
Neon888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 03:22 PM   #64 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailmfast View Post
I agree with all the customer support issues and the DJI poster is certainly proving the point. I come to this forum because all of you users are my customer support. This is where I get my information. The only thing I need the manufacturer for is a return.

Having said that I'm diving in with a Phantom 2 and fancy go pro support. Doing my due diligence I find the transmitter/receiver are 2.4 Ghz so.....can I use my DX8 as a transmitter or am I stuck using the supplied transmitter?

Thanks in advance for the user support!
If you really want to use your DX8, you should be able to easily bypass the built in RX and cram a little Spektrum RX in there, with no soldering involved. I haven't done it personally, but I know people who have with the very similarly laid out Phantom 1. But, having said that, I have never found the TX that comes with the Phantom to be "junk", despite the comments that I've read. I have an array of Spektrum and Futaba gear and with something like a thousand flights by now on my trusty old Phantom 1, I've never felt compelled to change from the stock due to some sort of deficiency. Just my 2 bits worth though.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

But doesn't the Phantom 2 use 2.4 for video? If that's the case I think I would avoid using a DX8 with it.

Helis I've had: Trex 500, Compass 500, MCPX, Nano CPX
bstanley72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #66 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanley72 View Post
But doesn't the Phantom 2 use 2.4 for video? If that's the case I think I would avoid using a DX8 with it.
I think you're thinking of the Phantom Vision, which does use 2.4 for video. The Phantom 2 is basically the same as the older Phantom but with the enhanced battery pack and enhancements to make their new ZH3-2D truly solder free, plug and play. It also has a can bus right out their on the landing gear to make things easier.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Old 01-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon888 View Post
I was thinking of getting a Phantom 2. After reading this thread it doesn't sound like a good idea at this time. The people on these forums are a great resource to help figure things out but being able to contact the company for advice is important as well. Your comments scared me away.
You can contact the dealer you bought your equipment from. Kind of like buying a Ford, you contact your dealer, not FoMoCo when there is an issue.
A user reported that in the end DJI support did help. But they are not nearly as accessible as Horizon or Tower.
truraza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phantom 2 w/ gimbal Vs Phantom 2 vision

Hi Guys, read through the entire post here and got a good chuckle how DJI completely ignore the subject matter of this forum. They do make a nice product and I too am falling to the multi - rotor arena of this hobby. I am about to purchase a Phantom unit but undecided to go with the Phantom w/ gimbal or Phantom 2 Vision. I have a GoPro H3+ Blk. already and really like the video quality it takes, I also like the idea of the gimabal keeping the camera level. For the Vision, Helipal has a comparison vid of the 2 (Gopro and DJI)cameras and they both look good. The Vision has the telemtry there already + the FPV wifi which is really cool all for 1200 bucks. The Phantom 2 ($869) I will need to buy the FPV, IOSD to bring this multi up to comparison to the Vision. At the end of the day I will be spending more than 1200 bucks plus dealing with the aggrivation of tech support if needed from DJI. I like to think I am a techie so soldering some wire doesn't scare me, I just don't want to be short circuiting out boards and throwing money down the drain. Just a point of interest, does anybody know anything about the new versions of the Walkera 350 w/ FPV?? It is very comparable to the Vision for approx 400 dollars less. I think it is coming out in February. This also has a wifi version just like the Vision. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Ty in advance.
Robelander is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #69 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robelander View Post
Hi Guys, read through the entire post here and got a good chuckle how DJI completely ignore the subject matter of this forum. They do make a nice product and I too am falling to the multi - rotor arena of this hobby. I am about to purchase a Phantom unit but undecided to go with the Phantom w/ gimbal or Phantom 2 Vision. I have a GoPro H3+ Blk. already and really like the video quality it takes, I also like the idea of the gimabal keeping the camera level. For the Vision, Helipal has a comparison vid of the 2 (Gopro and DJI)cameras and they both look good. The Vision has the telemtry there already + the FPV wifi which is really cool all for 1200 bucks. The Phantom 2 ($869) I will need to buy the FPV, IOSD to bring this multi up to comparison to the Vision. At the end of the day I will be spending more than 1200 bucks plus dealing with the aggrivation of tech support if needed from DJI. I like to think I am a techie so soldering some wire doesn't scare me, I just don't want to be short circuiting out boards and throwing money down the drain. Just a point of interest, does anybody know anything about the new versions of the Walkera 350 w/ FPV?? It is very comparable to the Vision for approx 400 dollars less. I think it is coming out in February. This also has a wifi version just like the Vision. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Ty in advance.
I haven't seen the new Walkera you mention yet, but knowing Walkera, it'll at least be worth having a look at. They seem to be highly competitive, feature wise anyway, if not always quality wise. If you're not afraid of rolling up your sleeves though, you might find it better to stick with the DJI stuff as so much stuff is designed to work with their hardware. For example, the Naza that comes with the Phantom 2 can be reused in all sorts of other birds should you ever want to, and the Phantom 2 itself is imminently customizable. It's also worth noting that I don't think you have to do any soldering now with the Phantom 2 to install their gimbal.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Old 01-27-2014, 04:51 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

they are good at posting thier products , aren't they.LOLOL i have yet to see any questions answered , or anything other then copy pastes.....
its ok , dji is on hold in the usa as of now anyway.

cc3d!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Vision 2

Thanks Big Island Guy. Appreciate your input. Decided to stay with DJI.
Robelander is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #72 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robelander View Post
Thanks Big Island Guy. Appreciate your input. Decided to stay with DJI.
You're welcome! Have fun!

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Old 02-21-2014, 07:56 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default DJI released the car charger for Phantom 2!

DJI Phantom 2 car charger has been released to provide outdoor charging solutions for the Phantom 2 battery.

Phantom 2 Car Charger:

In the kit:
Car charger and instructions

Function:

Used to charge the Phantom 2 in-car or through 3S-6S Li-Po batteries.

Feature:

Convenient, practical outdoor charging solutions for the Phantom 2 battery.

Note:

FPV Hub Kit Instruction V1.1 has added description of using FPV Hub to connect the H3-2D gimbal, GCU and other devices on non-Phantom 2 flight platforms.

Please click here for more information.
DJI Innovations is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in