Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters > 700 Electric Conversions

700 Electric Conversions Align T-REX 700 Electric Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 01:21 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

cbdane, I'd be curious to know how differently your two 700's fly (lighter nitro vs heavier electric). Do they feel significantly or nominally different?

ADHDJeff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDJeff View Post
cbdane, I'd be curious to know how differently your two 700's fly (lighter nitro vs heavier electric). Do they feel significantly or nominally different?
The 700E is flybarless. Combining this with the amazing power on tap, it actually feels lighter in flight until... it's time to land. The 700N slims down to 10lbs on an empty tank and autos like a butterfly. The 700E... well, not so much. That extra 2lbs forgives no mistakes once you hit hold.

I need get my turbine waiver sometime soon and since the maneuver list involves unplanned autos, the 700N will be my ride of choice for the test. I've been very tempted to buy a couple of the Hyperion G3 4000 packs to drop a pound but this turbine project has sucked all the life out of my heli budget for now.

P.S. Keep in mind that I'm definitely not a 3D pilot so consider this in my evaluation of the comparison. I fly both helis with about the same style; video can be found here for reference:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=175073
Old 12-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

[QUOTE=cbdane;1727086]The 700E is flybarless. Combining this with the amazing power on tap, it actually feels lighter in flight until... it's time to land. The 700N slims down to 10lbs on an empty tank and autos like a butterfly. The 700E... well, not so much. That extra 2lbs forgives no mistakes once you hit hold.

Brent hit the nail on the head with his description of how the 700E auto's. This is why I started this thread and why I sold my 700E to build a new, lighter model.

When I auto my 700N; I can flare it out about 15' off the ground then bring it into a hover a few inches off the deck for a full 5 second count. With the 700E you got one shot at it. Once you flared, you have ONE chance to bring it down quickly; the weight is just too much.

The new Heli-Chris V2 frame set has adopted some of the Suzi-Hans design. No bottom plate and no nose section. By using this frame set with a lighter flight pack, 4000 bats instead of 5000, lighter motor, FBL, and lastly, the new ICE160HV is even slightly lighter. I should have a RTF weight of around 11lbs or less. Ultimately giving me more power and the desired weight for auto's.

My flying style is very similar to CB's. One of the things I enjoy the most is taking the heli up about 400' and hitting throttle hold. I'm getting closer to trying it inverted with the Nitro, something I would've never considered with the E.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #44 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

Building mine as we speak.. I'll have the weight shortly..

Trex 700 LE
RJX Conversion
KDE pinion support
RJX head
DS610's cyclic / DS650 tail
V-bar with 2 sat's
Scorpion 4035-560 16T
CC HV110
BEC Pro
Flightmax/Zippy 6s 5000 30c
Align 690
bpd964 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine both come in a 12.2 lbs with canopy and batteries!

1banger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1banger View Post
Mine both come in a 12.2 lbs with canopy and batteries!
Always a good thing to have a backup

nightflyr

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #47 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Just slightly over 10lbs. with fuel.
Mike Fortin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took her to the post office today. She's 11.5 lbs with 4500 30c zippy flight max and 11 1.5 lbs with the 25c hyperions. Everything is stock except I'm running a spartan quark, align mod 1 115 tooth gear, kde motor, mount and pinion support, cc bec pro and 80 amp ice hv esc.
504Rone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Rone View Post
Took her to the post office today. She's 11.5 lbs with 4500 30c zippy flight max and 11 1.5 lbs with the 25c hyperions. Everything is stock except I'm running a spartan quark, align mod 1 115 tooth gear, kde motor, mount and pinion support, cc bec pro and 80 amp ice hv esc.

Is that completely RTF weight? Canopy, RX pack, blades, etc. ?? Have a picture?
Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, completely, I even had the main blade holder on. Plus I added an extra frame support. I have pics under my thread I started called my 700e.
504Rone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in