Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KKDS Flymentor PPC field programmer

I got mine today from heliflightcenter. It comes with the connecting cord and a DVD with the instructions. No batteries needed it powers from the FM. I looked at the instruction DVD that didn't really tell me a lot then came to the shop and hooked it up. It is very simple and even a old 70 year old guy like me could figure it out.

I see it being handy to fine tune trims at the flying site or essential for someone that doesn't have a computer with XP. This netbook has XP so I can do basic setup here and test in the yard.

You need pretty good eye sight to read the words on the control buttons. They are tiny and the same color as the buttons.

Jim
jauguston is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the insight mate, I'll ask my missus to get me one for my 70th birthday

Last edited by pril250; 07-18-2010 at 07:39 AM..
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2010, 07:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

LOL I'm not 70 and have just got one too, lots easier than carting a laptop around!!
There's 8 memory slots for different helis/setups and no connection problems.
"Things you need to know about The Penguin of Death: He is strangely attractive because of his enigmatic smile He can kill you in any 1 of 412 different ways." Like my life it makes perfect sense .... sometimes
Nickj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2010, 10:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

What I have been doing with all three of my FM equipped helis, two 450's and a 500 is waiting for that perfect no wind time and fiddle with the transmitter trim (Hitec Aurora 9) until I can get that perfect hands off stable hover in Position mode. Then to the bench and transfer those trims from the transmitter with the Helibal software to the FM memory. My idea is to have perfect trim with the transmitter trims on zero so I don,t have to remember what trim I need for each heli. With the new field programmer that process is going to be a lot simpler.

My next project is going to be hanging a Facu built Jet Ranger body on one of my 450's.

Jim
Old 07-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston View Post
What I have been doing with all three of my FM equipped helis, two 450's and a 500 is waiting for that perfect no wind time and fiddle with the transmitter trim (Hitec Aurora 9) until I can get that perfect hands off stable hover in Position mode. Then to the bench and transfer those trims from the transmitter with the Helibal software to the FM memory. My idea is to have perfect trim with the transmitter trims on zero so I don,t have to remember what trim I need for each heli. With the new field programmer that process is going to be a lot simpler.

My next project is going to be hanging a Facu built Jet Ranger body on one of my 450's.

Jim
Jim, When you change you TX to different models it will reload the trims that you use last on that model they do not zero out. So if you were flying your 450 then changed to the 500 model on your TX and then went back to the 450 the Tx would remember the trim settings. It remembers the trim setting for each model so you dont have to.
However things have a habit of changing a little so it is normal to have to trim a few clicks every flight .
Hope this helps. Ivor
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ivor,

I just like to be able to take a quick look at my transmitter trims and see 0 on all of them. Then I know I am set where I want to be. It isn't hard to do it. I am finding that the trim offset number displayed on my Aurora 9 touch screen are pretty close to the FM numbers so if my forward cyclic trim offset says 10 after I have it where I want it I can go into Helibal and move that trim 10-hit enter and it is there. The transmitter trims also have a beeper at 0 so I can tell where I am at without looking. I love the Aurora 9.

Jim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in