Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters > 700 Electric Conversions

700 Electric Conversions Align T-REX 700 Electric Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogo View Post
Excellent! I'm glad I've ordered the heli chris conversion.

what is the heli chris conversion. i have the helidirect conversion kit.
HeLiJerSey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Fella

I think the packs be fine, i have the same conversion kit as you.

If i do get a problem i'll update you.

As for the heli chris conversion here a link

http://www.heli-chris.de/product_inf...45&language=en

Also here's how i put my packs in

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	101141   Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	101142  
5exi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A clubmate has a 700E with the Helichris conversion kit and it looks factory when fitted, top quality plus plenty of room for batteries.

cbdane, you really could use at least a couple more packs, they're always going to come in handy

Trex 600N Sport, 700N , Trex 250, Beam E4, Trex 550E, Raptor E550, Mikado Logo 500 3D, now a happy user of Futaba 10CG
stevehonn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

flightmax 15, 20 and 30c batteries tested on m Outrage 550

first 6-8 charges, couldn't tell a difference.

After about 5-10 charges I can tell a difference in flight the resistence is slightly better in the higher grades

15c batteries read a per cell mOhm reading of high 3's to low 4's per cell. The 20C is in the mid 3's and the 30C is in the low 3's to high 2's.

In Flight the 20 and 30C feel slightly peppier, but even the 15C has great performance and MUCH MUCH better than Flightpower/thunderpower packs I've flown produced last year. Now, my new Hyperion packs are better yet, and on the 2nd charge are reading mid to low 2's on my Cellpro for resistence. Plus the pep and ending pack performance trump the Flightmax. Still for the $ the Flightmax are tremendous values.

I also have 6 packs of the 6S 3000mah Flightmax 20c for my 500ESP. They are decent too, but a bit higher resistance. About 4-5 mOhm per cell. Performance is good, not great but good especially given the price. My Zippy H's were ok, as good of performance but about 2x the price in the 3000mah range, and 1.5x the price or so in the 5000mah range. For value I'm sticking with the Flightmax or now Turnigy. For performance the Hyperion fit the bill.
Scorpion Power Systems/Batteries
Spartan RC
John Cook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my 4 packs last night. I also ordered 4 balance adaptors to convert to TP taps for my 1010c. Worked out nice since the stock balance wires are prety weak and i don't think they would take the abuse of 100+ charges. I just bundled the wires at the end of the pack and used some duct tape, 1 wrap on end of pack to keep everything tidy.

I was thinking of using the stock bullets on the power connectors and ordered a few sets of the 4mm bullet connectors. But the packs have 2 female bullets and the adaptors I was sent have 1 male and 1 female bullet. Guess I be changing everything out to Deans in the end. I do like the 10 gauge wires on the packs.

Alll four packs took 2160 - 2170 mA to charge and 2 packs were ballanced within 0.005, 1 pack to 0.010 and the last pack was 0.020. I'm going to test them on my T600 today with NEU 1515/2.5D. My T700 cleared customs last night, so build starts Monday night!!

Lee
Old 06-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

If anyone received his batteries, can you please post IR of these cells at the end of the charge and report on temps after flying?
shogo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2009, 03:33 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's too early to tell how they will perform but mine arrived last Friday. As the previous poster they were very well balanced out of the box. I'm using mine in an Outrage 550 which also arrived on Friday and had it's first flights on Saturday. I also ordered an Outrage 5000 6S pack with the heli and flew this back-to-back with the two Turningy packs I'd bought. First flights were of 5 minutes and head speed around 2400rpm, all the packs landed just warm and took around 2900-3000mAh on the recharge. I couldn't notice a marked difference between the Outrage & Turningy packs, the average discharge being around 36A. All the packs had another blast on Sunday and performed as well, landing slightly warmer (not much above ambient) as they were pushed harder, still to recharge so don't know how much of the packs I used this time.

All of the packs performed much better than the 3 Thunder Power 5000 6S packs I have which have around 60 cycles on them and are basically dead, the Turningy packs cost 1/4 the price I paid for the TP packs so if they even do only 60 cycles each I'll be happier, although I'm guessing they'll last much longer.

When I got back from flying on Sunday I ordered another 4 packs

Trex 600N Sport, 700N , Trex 250, Beam E4, Trex 550E, Raptor E550, Mikado Logo 500 3D, now a happy user of Futaba 10CG
Old 06-17-2009, 07:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
asm
Registered Users

Does any have a eagletree to log those batteries in fly??

B
asm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2009, 05:06 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I do, I'll have to try and dig it out as I've been concentrating on nitro for a good while now. I've got 13 & 12T pinions to play around with on the Outrage so I can get the gearing closer and run a higher throttle %

Old 06-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

From what I understand these are the reject cells from the good factories. Whatever reason they reject them maybe it is slightly not a rectangle. So these cells like ZIppy and all the cheapies are these types of cells. We can buy them in the US too but sounds really scary when you say it like that.

Knowing that these are actually the highest quality cells but failed Q/A for an unknown reason there isn't a lot of homework left to do. The bad part is that you would be hard pressed to give a solid comparison.

Saying that I would still buy them if I was doing a 700e!!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliSmith View Post
From what I understand these are the reject cells from the good factories. Whatever reason they reject them maybe it is slightly not a rectangle. So these cells like ZIppy and all the cheapies are these types of cells. We can buy them in the US too but sounds really scary when you say it like that.

Knowing that these are actually the highest quality cells but failed Q/A for an unknown reason there isn't a lot of homework left to do. The bad part is that you would be hard pressed to give a solid comparison.

I think this used to be true, especially the Zippy-R series. I'm not so sure that is true now. In any event, the quality of the Flightmax batteries I've gotten has been great. maybe I'm lucky, but the graphs have compared favoribly to other batteries I've had at the time.

I will say the new Hyperion are awesome though, and better, but also 2-3x more in price. Is it worth it to you? That's a personal call IMO.
Scorpion Power Systems/Batteries
Spartan RC
John Cook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #32 (permalink)
asm
Registered Users

Quote:
From what I understand these are the reject cells from the good factories. Whatever reason they reject them maybe it is slightly not a rectangle.
I hear rumor a lot from people at many field, but it is just that - rumor. I have purchased many hobbycity lipo in the past, and am happy to say that many of them out perform even ThunderPower and FlightPower. If they are rejected becuase they perform too well, I will take those pack at half price any day.

B
asm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliSmith View Post

I don't buy it. I have been flying the heck out of these on my 700E (just got 4 more yesterday). If these are the rejects and my high dollar FP's are the non-rejects, then give me rejects. These are better packs than my FPs right out of box.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah I definitely don't know for sure.. Either way I couldn't pay 400-600 per set of batteries for a 700e so if I were building one this would be my battery.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't fly as much as I would have liked this weekend and my Eagletree is not functional, but by feel, these packs did not disappoint in any way. Will be ordering more ASAP.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quick question, I have a BC6-10 charger. Does anyone know what kind of balance adapter I'll need for these packs?

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's the same adapter as Align cells
Mr Nice Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2009, 03:02 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome, thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in