Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion

Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers and Other Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #1121 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could opt for the Copter-X unit, (identical to the Tarot zyx). At only $30 you could see if you like it. The unit is stable and definitely won't cause you to crash. But it may need to be tuned for the 'feel' that you want.
If it works for you awesome. If it you don't like it, you'd be able to easily sell it for $20, and then buy the BeastX.

Or since you want 2, buy one of each, and then you can compare head to head and report your findings.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #1122 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

CX price went up. 39.99

Also they seem to be dragging their feet on the firmware upgrade. Even though I have 2 of these, I'd recommend people buy the Tarot unit instead. It's only $4 more and they seem to offer better support, with the new firmware already released, as well as new setup software. infinityhobby has a good track record for customer support.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #1123 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. M View Post
I think something's wrong with my CX 3X1000. After replacing 2 cyclic servo last nite because they were wiggling out of control, now the third is fluttering too, same symptoms as the other 2. I thought the servos died, as is common to the Henge 922s I use, but now I'm not so sure...

I took it up for a couple of packs to see what's going on and the heli just didn't fly right. It felt vague, unstable and even got the cyclic wobbles out of the blue towards the end of the second pack. I've got over 60 flights on this bird with no setup changes and tonight I got that weird pitch-twitch that's been reported before on here (shash moves all the way up for a fraction of a sec then comes back). This happened on the ground right after plugging in the pack, during preflight. I couldn't get it to do it again...

I gotta open up the box and see if anything's amiss. Anybody else had a well-performing unit all of a sudden start doing strage things?

I had the same issue, Something told to take my servos apart I found that the wires were breaking off at pcb hanging on by a stran of copper on two servos so I resodered & applied hotglue on the board and no more problems. Also I opend up a servo I thought was dead, It was the wire that came off the pcb.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #1124 (permalink)

Quote:
CX price went up. 39.99

Also they seem to be dragging their feet on the firmware upgrade. Even though I have 2 of these, I'd recommend people buy the Tarot unit instead. It's only $4 more and they seem to offer better support, with the new firmware already released, as well as new setup software. infinityhobby has a good track record for customer support.

+1 that and Infinity-Hobby is diffinently the place to buy from , I had an issue with one of mine sent them an email and they have sent me a new unit.

for Infinity-Hobby
Cap231ex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #1125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oops. Wrong thread.
LL-Cool-T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #1126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whoa, your right. I just looked again, it is $10 more. I was wondering how long it would sell of so much cheaper than the tarot.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #1127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Weird problem--makes me wonder if I need to go back to flybar.

Just flying around about 8 feet, in idle up, and there was a sudden decrease in collective, slamming my heli into the dirt. The cyclic appeared to remain perfectly level, as the rotor blades were still spinning with my heli main gear broken but still stuck in a muddy baseball diamond, which saved the blades and heli from more damage, as the mud "caught it" perfectly upright with blades still spinning, save for broken main gear and some mud and grass.

I have run a wire from the metal tail case to the motor mount to prevent static issues. Weather is wet out, but wasn't raining, so I don't think static was the cause--it seems to be the Tarot, the receiver, or transmitter at fault as it was not a mechanical issue, clearly a control issue, the way I see it.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
flyingquisinart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #1128 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you sure you didn't strip the gear in flight, causing the sudden drop?

Other than that, chech your Rx wires, servo connectors... If all is well, no mechanical issues, you might have the dreaded pitch twitch. This is generally caused by pins or solder points contacting the metal half of the case. Take a look inside and see if abything looks off. I took to painting the inside of the case with clear nail polish to prevent these accidental contacts.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Old 03-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #1129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, I broke the landing gear, not the main gear. I should not have said main gear in my post. Guess I will have some troubleshooting to do.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

Pantera P5 50 RNFBL, Blade 130X, mcpx, Gaui X5 FES
Old 03-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #1130 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Perfectly dialed in the trex 450... No wobbles and no glitches ... Beautiful controlled flight.... Loved it!

Installed my tarot on .50 and I was kinda skeptic about it, but man!! It was spot on! P gain at 70, I at 60 D at 35... And the heli was rock steady. Only thing was whole loft off, heli had a tendency of drifting back, or hitting the tail on the ground.... I think I might get the swash level again. But apart from that , no wags... Did some sloppy tic tocs.... And inverted hovers... Man!! I was thinking I'll be fighting it... But it's good news! I am happy!

Just to let y'all know! Be confident with this little gyro!
Goblin Gasser TRM VX310TT Align MJ Design DTS 700N 91 HZ-R 3D Blackout Extreme Gasser #4 MCPX BL 2 iX12

Gaba
Rahulgaba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #1131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, it wasn't the Tarot that caused my sudden loss of collective. It's going in and out of failsafe. I can see the orange light blinking out on my Spektrum receiver. Wonder if the BEC on the speed control is going.. I seem to be having all my technical issues this year..booo...
Old 03-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #1132 (permalink)

I would use a seperate BEC unless it is a 250 size heli , I use seperate BEC's on all my heli except my 250. It's just cheap insurance against something like that happening and make sure the BEC is at least 5 amp to be safe. The enteral BEC in the ESC might work ok on a FB heli but on a FBL heli the servos work harder then they do on a FB heli because they are always making fine adjustments.
Cap231ex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #1133 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a tail tuning problem that I can seem to get corrected on my Tarot ZYX. The tail holds really well, but when doing fast backwards flight I can't get smooth response out of the tail. It seems to be too little tail response or too much. I can't seem to find that sweet spot of just a little rudder that you need for fast backwards hurricanes. I've increased my "P" value a bit under the tail advanced tuning but that didn't seem to change the feel. I'm using the "Hard Core" group parameter as well. Except for this one tail issue the ZYX is a solid unit.

This is on a Trex 500 w/ RJX head, and Futaba S9257 for the tail.
Mike A. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #1134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe it's a deadband-related problem?
Old 03-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #1135 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 On the deadband. Drop the Deadband RC in the Advanced Tail settings to ~10 and test fly.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Old 03-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #1136 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstick View Post
Maybe it's a deadband-related problem?
Quote:
+1 On the deadband. Drop the Deadband RC in the Advanced Tail settings to ~10 and test fly.
I went back and read through what the deadband setting does. That does sound like what will fix my issue. I'll give it a try tomorrow, thanks.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #1137 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I'm looking at it now, I haven't messed with that setting and it's 60 by default with the preset parameter that I have selected. I should really drop it all the way to 10?
Old 03-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #1138 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yep, drop that sucker like it's hot . Consensus is the deadband is not implemented properly on these units, that's why you need to go so low.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Old 03-27-2012, 03:14 AM   #1139 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly them on 10. So drop the deadband and fly away.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:51 AM   #1140 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That was it, feels much better now. The heli still feels a bit disconnected as compared to my beastx. I'd love to get a more locked in feeling.

Anybody fly the ZYX and the Beastx and have a similar stick feel?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in