Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default DS410 and now DS410M but why?

These servos are both MG they both have the same specs why is Align releasing this servo now?

DS410
http://www.align.com.tw/shop/product...oducts_id=2545

DS410M
http://www.align.com.tw/shop/product...oducts_id=2722
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The new version is all metal gears the old version had couple nylon gears not all metal like alot of us thought includeing me

Last edited by helis101; 03-16-2009 at 07:43 PM..
helis101 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sure, they ship out the old stuff w/ the kits to clear out old inventory and then release a new version. lovely!
Old 03-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

As i understand it, these newer versions will be released in the new trex 450 pro
cbrian4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ah good information thanks guys.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I heard about the ALL metal gear 410,s.Nice huh,I guess there not in the 250 kits for the same reason they didnt include the metal belt pulleys..Oh well,at least the guys/gals running 410,s in there 250,s will be able to get all metal gear sets for there older 410,s.
gixxerjeff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe Align was not really the evil devil we all want to make them out to be. Seeing how we free willing give them our money. so they have to assume we like what they made if we keep buying. But I assume they would have done the plastic parts on the 250 on purpose in feer that when we get ahold of these things, not being as good as Mr. Krause or Mr. Szabo Jr. we are probaly going to smash them up pretty bad. Crap even they crash maybe once in a year? lol jk but really their has to be a week link. And maybe in their development they found metal gears caused more expensive parts to break or could bend and make you think it still works right when your servo is off and then you crash. So then Align could actually be helping us. Just saying there is always more to it. They probaly thought plastic would be a good one to put in until they seen all the complaining and they said fine you want metal here you go.. so they gave us a kit to upgrade ours. If they really wanted to be @$$ holes they could have came out with a all new servo so we couldn't even use our 410s. Hows that for crappy.. Just be happy with what you have... The more positive you put in this indistry the more that comes out, and that benifits everyone....

Also if you crash with these all metal gears how are you going to know that one is bent? Wait till it crashes, rip it apart and inspect it every time its crashed ( having to take your heli apart all the time is not for me if I just bent a main shaft and feathering shaft) or wait until the gear is bent bad enough that you can see it? Just trying to learn what would be best for flying. I have all metal on all of my other Helis just not this. I also hate having to replace those damn plastic gears.

Just
My 2 Cents
My 2 Cents is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2009, 12:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

To see if a servo is bad you just turn them by hand you can feel it or if there is a whine otherwise it is good fly it.

I am definitely not complaining Align has been kicking butt lately I was just wondering why the M. They are making all their stuff better imo. They are going to be the Microsoft of rchelis soon.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have always been told never to turn your servos by hand. Because thats how you can strip a tooth... Maybe thats why its also so hard to turn them by hand because of the way they are geared. For the motors torque to be amplified threw the gearing. Then if you were to try and turn the gears from the motors end of things I bet it will be alot easier... Also even if you don't strip the gear couldn't it be bent from the crash which you probaly wont be able to feel threw the tiny servo horn in your fingers?

Maybe I'm to anal but I just like to make sure that when I crash its because of my dumb thumbs, not a parts fault.
My 2 Cents is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have turned every servo known by hand at one time or another. Just don't slam it against the stops.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in