Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gasser Helicopters

Gasser Helicopters Gasser Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Helibug vs Century??

Is there any good threads that show the differances between the two? Durability, longevity, weight? Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Found this as well. Any one have experience with it?? Helibug Open-Source with Gasbug-RC for Trex700
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HBOSS_Complete.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	333842  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=328029

and Helibug Core 7
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=297775

I researched on gasser for a while too. Decided to go the Helibug route because I want RC format motor instead of PUH
Old 07-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you referring to just the conversion kits - Helibug or HWC (Century) for the T600'a and T700's.

As far as choosing one related to the PUH or H engines, because there seems to be more "tweaked" versions of the H series of Zenoah engines, like you see in this thread, so the HWC may well be worth seriously considering as it already comes with a very heavy duty clutch and auto bearing system.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=410028

Last edited by MotorRotor; 07-22-2012 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: spelling
MotorRotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for all the links. I am trying to decide if I need to go Helibug or HWC. Seems like HWC have more high performance engines. The new Helibug Open-Source frames look realy good though. And they use the Zenoah clutch systems. I'd like to go with the 26 to 29cc engines.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the Helibug 700 RC version and the HWC600 with 321puh

Both helis are great! However, Ali's (Helibug) quality is exceptional.. the G10 frames were cut to perfection and everything was spot on.. The century stuff is a little rougher but still quite good.. I think the helibug 700 frame is stronger as the HWC conversion has a few narrow points in the frame..

I can't comment on the Helibug open sourced stuff thou as i only have the 700 conversion of his.

The Century kit had a bad pinion (which they replaced) and a wobbly clutch bell - but i must have just got a bad one as it's a radikal 30 one and there are many of them in use. The century bearings also seem a little sus as I got a notchy one in the kit and also had a few notchy bearings in my Radikal G20 I had previously.. But there arn't too many bearings in the HWC conversions so that's not really a problem anyway..

Parts outside of the US are a nightmare to get from Century - just took me 11 days and about 10 or more emails just to get a simple order processed from them... so not reall happy there but they are good once you finally get onto them... (Natalia there has excellent customer service - they need to give her a pay rise...) on the other hand - Helibug have updated their website and i looked for a few weeks and parts were not listed there either.. I just looked now and the parts page says "Comming soon" - so that could be about 2 months now so that's a major Slip for Ali as everything else he does is spot on.. Not that i'm after parts but if I was i would like them listed on the site to simply order and not have to go through another series of email to grab some.

You are in the states so Century parts will be a non-issue for you i guess..

With regards to performance engines - no difference between the 2 as there are performance RC and PUH format engines that fit both..

I'm sure you will be happy with either one
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX

Last edited by jockstrap; 07-23-2012 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: typos
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for all the good info. Thats what I'm looking for.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in