Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I discovered the true cause of my crashes

Today had my first flight outdoor with my new T-REX 450 S and I dicovered which is the real dramatic problem that causes a crash.
I was flying a lot of eigths and I was amusing myself so much but during a low turn, a young green plant, that decided to grow exactly in the course where my T-REX had to cross some month later (exacltly today at nine o'clock (italian time), hit the bird ..... At the moment I didn't understand what happened because I didn't see the plant until I was 30 feet close. So, it is confirmed: the problem isn't my flight ability, but my eyesight.

The crash report follows:

Main blades (335 pro)
Flybar seesaw holder
feathering shaft (broken at the conjunction with the metal head)
1 main blade holder
tail boom bent
1 tail blade broken

Bye

Pasedepecho
Pasedepecho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dude, stay away from grass while flying!
fakyrr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pasedepecho, You are not alone.......!

I'm now 53 years young and have the same problem. I went to an eye doctor earlier this year and was fitted with contacts for the first time in my life. Well, they do help me read better but at distances, they just don't cut it. I had a very expensive crash with one of my 600E's simply because after coming out of the right turn of a figure eight, in my nervousness I forgot to let up on the rudder so the heli went into a piro with a dark green tree line behind it and sure enough, it started banking right so I threw in some left cyclic and boom, the dirt brakes real hard. If the heli had been pointed forward it probably would have pulled out of it but it was flying backwards. It was my most expensive crash to date, frame, tail tube, blades, bottom bracket, tail blades, fly bar, canopy, two servos, landing gear and probably more I can't even think of. Anymore, I take my contacts out when I fly and it helps quite a bit. I feel your pain freak and hope it doesn't happen again.
Respectfully,
Ed
Old 08-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

While I do respect the age difference, and sympathise with anyone that has bad eyesight, I also think that it is a good idea to fly higher than the little plants grow
markleyland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes.... after you overcome having to fly with two thumbs and dealing with all orientations you realize that you have to see the heli and all objects in its flight path!!

I painted my canopy and fins a flourescent orange!! I can see the heli so much better now!! It has greatly improved my flying. It can be seen against all backgrounds... the blue sky or green grass or trees...

By the way I have perfect vision... well 20/20 at least... but I still know what you mean!
airjawed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heavy foliage can also be an asset. I took a plunge once over an overgrown field with my Raptor 50 and only broke the blades due to the high grass.
ptarp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh ya!! I love it before harvest time.. I fly on the fields and can do crazy things I wouldnt try normally.. its like waist high alphalfa.. awesome to crash in... just unthread some grass from main rotor and its good to go again.

LOL
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 12:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Funny, today I just parked my 450, upside down, in the tall weeds, and it only ate the minimal stuff (woodies, flybar, main shaft).

Anyway, I was having this chat about visibility and aging at the LHS, and the wise one said, "Yes, and that's why, as you get older, you need ever bigger helis."

Wise. Guy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in