Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2016, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align Parts Availability?

Stripped threads in a 500L tail slider piece. To replace it, all I see is $38 for the entire tail assembly. Doesn't Align sell individual parts?
RCFred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately no, Align does not offer the individual parts for the tail slider assembly. Sorry!
nynextel88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

What part exactly did you strip? Post a pic if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2016, 06:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

FWIW, feedback has recently been provided to the factory regarding selling some of the pitch slider components separately.

Hopefully we will see them broken out to help save some $ during rebuilds.
dchekas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2016, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchekas View Post
FWIW, feedback has recently been provided to the factory regarding selling some of the pitch slider components separately.

Hopefully we will see them broken out to help save some $ during rebuilds.
huh, I never realized that either, that's pretty stupid. They sell the old tail slider's so why the hell would they ever make you buy the ENTIRE tail basically for just the slider...WOW!!!....

On another note, I tried getting a new feathering shaft sleeve the other day and the only way to get it is by buying the whole main head block...SERIOUSLY!!!

I mean they make the old white one separately so why wouldn't you do that for this one too?!?

I swear all these companies are brain dead retarded these days!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2016, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

^

I suspect it has something to do with the fact that they don't sell that specific part all that often because it
a. doesn't usually break or
b. doesn't usually get lost.

I'm wondering if you emailed Align directly, they might be able to get that single part for you? But they probably don't stock it for the a and b above, they would rarely if ever sell that part alone.
Number is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2016, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Many time you can pick up used parts on ebay or the forums too.
ssrobzoom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2016, 01:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
^

I suspect it has something to do with the fact that they don't sell that specific part all that often because it
a. doesn't usually break or
b. doesn't usually get lost.

I'm wondering if you emailed Align directly, they might be able to get that single part for you? But they probably don't stock it for the a and b above, they would rarely if ever sell that part alone.
Really?!?, so the plastic arms on the tail slider wouldn't be a weak point?!!?....they don't even sell those separately!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrobzoom View Post
Many time you can pick up used parts on ebay or the forums too.
And finding that odd part that ONLY comes with the kit are another big ticket item could takes ages!!!...may get lucky but depends what you need.

And if your looking to replace a worn out part then your not gonna want to put in someone else's used part if you want a fresh new one!!
Old 09-19-2016, 02:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I was mostly talking about the sleeve.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixerfien View Post
Really?!?, so the plastic arms on the tail slider wouldn't be a weak point?!!?....they don't even sell those separately!!

And finding that odd part that ONLY comes with the kit are another big ticket item could takes ages!!!...may get lucky but depends what you need.

And if your looking to replace a worn out part then your not gonna want to put in someone else's used part if you want a fresh new one!!
The plastic arms that connector the pitch slider yoke to the tail blade grips are available separately if that is what you are referring to:

http://aligntrexstore.com/Control-li...175_p_754.html

The feathering shaft sleeve is also available separately here:

http://aligntrexstore.com/Feathering...500_p_233.html
Old 09-19-2016, 05:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The plastic arms that connector the pitch slider yoke to the tail blade grips are available separately if that is what you are referring to:

http://aligntrexstore.com/Control-li...175_p_754.html

The feathering shaft sleeve is also available separately here:

http://aligntrexstore.com/Feathering...500_p_233.html

Ya I thought I had seen the control links before but I checked on aligns taiwan website under the 500L and the dfc and couldn't find them before I posted that and was more trying to just proving a point since I couldn't see them on aligns site lolol

As for that sleeve, I bought that one, it's their older one, dampeners are the soft rubber ones, that's no biggie..But the sleeve itself it wayyy tighter than the original was so there's a definite tolerance difference, plus if I had to compare it to something I'd say it's like their older white gears vs their newer black gears, that white sleeve you showed is a different material that is definitively not as stiff and strong, when I shoved the feathering shaft in it, it was all oblong and out of round, I sent the Canadian dealer alignrccdn.com an email about it and they were gonna pass it along to align and get back to me.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's very possible the sleeve has been updated to the latest version without a part number revision, and what you received is old stock as well. Particularly if you received a white sleeve.

Align had done this in the past. These days, they are better about revising the P/N when a change is made to the part.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It's very possible the sleeve has been updated to the latest version without a part number revision, and what you received is old stock as well. Particularly if you received a white sleeve.

Align had done this in the past. These days, they are better about revising the P/N when a change is made to the part.
Well anywhere you can find it for sale still has the picture of the white one!

And when I called the alignrccdn, they told me all they had was the white one and said he'd make a call to align this week and ask
Old 09-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Align has its own forum on here now. Try posting it there.

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=460
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2016, 10:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are they phasing out the 500L? I've noticed it's been out of stock in a lot of the major stores.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not a very common helicopter unfortunately. The 425-430mm size heli seems to really be dying off recently, presumably because of the new 380 class becoming much more popular. I like the 500L, it's a great machine and flies awesome, and I doubt they will be discontinuing it anytime soon.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have purchased the brass sleeve separately in the past. It's come in black and brass color

https://www.amainhobbies.com/align-5...h50191/p233547

or steal parts from this one https://www.amainhobbies.com/align-5...50030a/p211123

-Markus
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2016, 01:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

cool, thanks.

I really wish Align would get their own site running properly, with missing components which you guys are finding at elsewhere dealers and even their parts finder is coming back blank when I click on a bunch of parts in the exploded views

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in