Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation 4G3 wont fly :( i need help

Hello, i am new to R/C Heli's and i just recently got my 4G3 in the mail,

i pulled it out chared it up set up everything like than instruction manual told me (to the best of my knowledge )

and i turned on the radio then turned on the heli, i code paired and everything, the flashing LED's when to a solid on and i was like COOL!!!

so then i picked up the radio and started moving sticks and the rotor bladed started twisting but the never started to spin

so then i started moving and turning every dial on my radio and yeah their was movement with to rotors but, the rotor blades never did that "spinning action" that makes heli's fly...

some one please please please help me i want to start learning to fly this awesome heli but, its kinda impossiable to do it the rotor blades dont turn!!!

so please some one HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NickJackson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2009, 01:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default hi

Welcome and good luck

1. Check and be sure that the throttle stick is full down.
2. Check and be sure that the throttle trim is full down.
3. Put transmiter and heli on a table
4. Open the transmiter, wait 2-3secs and connect the batt on heli

5.Dont move anything till you see both leds (heli and TX) are solid.

My heli binds somehow like this: First when i connect the batt and the leds on TX are still flashing the servos on the heli make a small jigg. Then i wait till the TX led become solid and then after 2-3 secs i can see a movement on the main blades like the one you describe. After that i can fly.

When you move the throttle stick the normal is to see the tail blades spin first.

Good luck aand be patient.

Panos.
PanX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Hmmm...

Okay i put throttle stick all the way down, and i put throttle trim all the way down, turned on the Radio, the waited 2-3 seconds and turned on the heli...

nothing worked...

is this normal ? i get a very high pitched beep, it is a solid beep (meaning that its not like BEEP BEEP BEEP, its sounds like BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEP, and it is very high pitched, is this a normal sound or could it be a sign that my heli came to me broken ? and walkera's quality control sucks ?

also, when i move the throttle stick, the rotor blades pivot, like rotate, or change their pitch but nothing spins... any help is greatly appreciated

im so deperate to learn to fly this heli, but it just wont fly, i dont get it ...

Last edited by NickJackson; 06-07-2009 at 09:43 AM..
Old 06-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The high pitched squeeling noise is the digital servos... it is perfectly normal (though, yes... it is quite annoying!).

Who did you buy it from? Was it test flown prior to you receiving it? Several companies like WowHobbies and ClubHeli personally test fly each heli before they send it to their customers to ensure it completely works (and works properly). Dumb question, but are you sure everything is plugged in (the motor to the ESC, the ESC to the 4in1)?
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

i bought it from www.RCHelicoptershop.net they say they test fly them, but they order came from china, and when i received the package it was in the original packaging from china post, and to me it dont seem likly that it was test flown... this is the one i bought http://www.rchelicoptershop.net/cata...ery-p-938.html )

i looked threw the manual and looked at the heli and everything seems to be pluged in the correct spot according to the manual but i never messed with a RC Heli before so, for me to say everything is plugged in correctly, lets just say i dont know, according to the manual it shows everything is but like i just said, i never messed with a RC heli before

this sucks
Old 06-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, the good news is that you learned a good lesson early on... buy your helis from stores "close by"... Had you bought from WowHobbies, RCHobbyhelicopter, or ClubHeli, you would either be on the phone having their Customer Service Departments walk you through your issues, or returning your helicopter for free.

Call up Rick at ClubHeli or John at RCHobbyHelicopter and ask how much they would charge to review your heli and get it working... unfortunately, it is about your only option at this point.
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #7 (permalink)

Did you check that the switches at the top of the radio are in the down position before you switch everything on ?
If the left upper switch is in the up position, you get exact this behavior. It allows you to check the servos without the motors running.
Watch out if you switch it on during flight : the helicopter will use the FF mode, also known as 3D mode.
I suggest you do some reading about this :
http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Beginners_start_here
and follow radd's school of rotary flight (yes you can do it with a 4G3) :
http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html
Jan
jh71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

on the Novus you have to plug the battery in first then the Tx.. it seems to re-bind every time. Have you tried re-binding the tx to the Rx?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

yes, as all walkera heli need to plug in the heli first. Then turn on the transmitter. If not it won't work properly. BTW: do not move any of the control stick until both led in the heli and transmitter stop flashing and keep the throttle stick and throttle trim at lowest postion. Hope this work for you!

Happy flying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmartin38 View Post
on the Novus you have to plug the battery in first then the Tx.. it seems to re-bind every time. Have you tried re-binding the tx to the Rx?
ehirobo.com is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Page 2 of the 4G3 manual:

#3 - "Strictly obey the order of turn-on and turn-off before operation. When starting your flight, please turn on your transmitter first, and connect the power cable of your helicopter last."

#4 - "An upset in the order of connection may cause your helicopter to loose control. Please cultivate a correct habit of turn-on and turn-off."

They mention this procedure a few times in the manual. Not the best english, but BAD things happen if you power your heli up first with no transmitter on. I've seen helis fly away to a distant location powering up the heli first. As per Walkera and for the safety of everybody around you, power the transmitter FIRST.

Sounds like JH71 has the right idea. Just need to flip that switch to normal mode. Should fire up fine.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hi,

Don't know if this is the same as your but I have the same heli but with the WK-2801 Transmitter. I have to bind like this:

Turn on Transmitter (Walkera light at top flashes multi-color)
Before Walkera light stops flashing I have to plug in the battery and allow the heli to be still.

If I do not follow it like this it does not bind. May be normal or not but it works.

Hope that helps.
pakitloss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks Rick. Maybe I should not say all Walkera. Because I find the 4#3 and 4G3 have the same bug in the system you need to plug in the battery for the heli first. If you turn on the transmitter first you servo will move but the motor will not. It may not happen all the time but by connecting the battery first I never have any issue. Yes, I agree it is kind of dangerous as if there are people around you powering up at the same time they may bind their tx to your heli. But with the 2.4 system as none of the control will move (receive signal) until it is bind to the transmitter "IF" the heli is working properly none of the servo and motor should move during binding.

Happy flying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkeraUS View Post
Page 2 of the 4G3 manual:

#3 - "Strictly obey the order of turn-on and turn-off before operation. When starting your flight, please turn on your transmitter first, and connect the power cable of your helicopter last."

#4 - "An upset in the order of connection may cause your helicopter to loose control. Please cultivate a correct habit of turn-on and turn-off."

They mention this procedure a few times in the manual. Not the best english, but BAD things happen if you power your heli up first with no transmitter on. I've seen helis fly away to a distant location powering up the heli first. As per Walkera and for the safety of everybody around you, power the transmitter FIRST.

Sounds like JH71 has the right idea. Just need to flip that switch to normal mode. Should fire up fine.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had the same issue and turned out to be you must bind with the throttle trim set to maximum downward position, not mid point like the other trims. Otherwise it starts up in servo test mode. This is with the 2801 tx.
nyc863 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

Yes, you must set the throttle trim (and throttle stick) to lowest postion, not just 2801tx, but 2401 and 2601 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc863 View Post
I had the same issue and turned out to be you must bind with the throttle trim set to maximum downward position, not mid point like the other trims. Otherwise it starts up in servo test mode. This is with the 2801 tx.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo.com View Post
Thanks Rick. Maybe I should not say all Walkera. Because I find the 4#3 and 4G3 have the same bug in the system you need to plug in the battery for the heli first.
Hi ehirobo, you'll find you aren't plugging in the heli battery soon enough after switching the TX on. Once you switch the TX on, you only have a couple of seconds or so to plug in the battery of the heli or it won't bind.

I know it works the way you are doing it, but I agree with Rick that it's important to ALWAYS switch on the TX before you plug in the battery - whatever heli you are flying - bad habit to get into doing it the other way around. Ok you'll get away with plugging in the battery first on these helis, but not on others.

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2009, 06:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Interestingly for my new 4g3 and 2801, they bind both ways but the end result is jumpy servos doing it one way.

So: turn on tx, then quickly plug in heli bat: binds and works, servos move smoothly

Plug in heli bat, then turn on TX: binds and works, but servos "jump" in big steps when moving sticks fairly fast or fast.

Isn't that weird?
nyc863 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Agree as I won't do it this way with my 450 or 500 as I don't want to kill myself yet. LOL And I really don't understand why walkera don't fix this as I think it is quite dangerous doing it this way. The good thing is unlike the FM radios, 2.4 radio will not send any signal to the servo if it is not bind yet. Meaning in theroy the heli will not do anything even it is plug in and the tx is off. But you never know with these electronic stuff......

Happy flying
ehirobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
Hi ehirobo, you'll find you aren't plugging in the heli battery soon enough after switching the TX on. Once you switch the TX on, you only have a couple of seconds or so to plug in the battery of the heli or it won't bind.

I know it works the way you are doing it, but I agree with Rick that it's important to ALWAYS switch on the TX before you plug in the battery - whatever heli you are flying - bad habit to get into doing it the other way around. Ok you'll get away with plugging in the battery first on these helis, but not on others.

Dusty
Old 06-11-2009, 01:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo.com View Post
And I really don't understand why walkera don't fix this as I think it is quite dangerous doing it this way.
Fix what? The initialisation procedure described in the manual works perfectly well - as long as you plug in the heli battery immediately you have turned on the TX. Since there is no model match - probably not enough room on the tiny 4 in1's - if you connect two heli batteries one after the other, immediately you have turned on the TX, both helis will bind to the TX - so I suppose the longer you get to plug in the battery, the more chance there is that someone else will plug in a battery to another heli, and they will both be bound to the same TX.

I suspect that's why you don't get very long to plug the battery in - but given the limitations of the electronics, it would seem Walkera already use the best initialisation method available to them

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Another note

I think it should be noted that you have chosen a very difficult path for beginning. Their size makes it very frustrating to work on for some(including me), and it is going to take a lot of adjusting/small modding to get that thing stable. IMO you are better putting that little guy on the back-burner and getting into some sort of 450-size copter. You can always go back to that one. Otherwise, more than likely you will trash that one beyond recognition, do some research, and then realize you should have started bigger. At any rate, when you throttle up, does the motor turn?...check the pinion, check the main gear.....but it does sound like a binding issue to me.
Good luck.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd have to agree with CopterCrasher, he's right, You should of bought something else, like a BMCX. I have one it's awesome. I love it. That's the first heli i started with. I have the 4g3, and she is coming along nicely. I have an HK450, a Belt CP V2 and a Tornado 3d RTF which is almost a hybrid of everything . But with all these helis, I still go to my Blade MCX for simplicity. But if you want to go big, then I'd suggest going for a Raptor 50 or a Trex 600 ESP. Outstanding machines. Well that's my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

Thank you

Paul
walkera4g3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in