Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Arrow GY520? Thoughts?

Now I have used this on my 400, and now I'm trying it out on my Nitro. Im starting to feel it isn't that great in this application. Now yes, It could be me not programming it right but it is taking an awful lot of true gain in the Gyro Sens menu. Im at 78 (which is 40 true gain) on my normal, and 73 ( 33 true gain) on my idle up 1 & 2. Even with 40 i still haven't achieved a wag to begin backing it down from. Also my tail stops pretty good in one direction, and has a little bounce back in the other. I understand this is a delay setting. Now via the CIU-2 USB link i have been using my comp at the field to set different control response setting which to my understanding controls delay. Adjustment on both left and right from low to high value seemed to not make much of a difference on this issue.

520 good choice for nitro?
Would going back to my GP780 be a better choice for with now?

Thoughts?

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Get the GY701, it's better than the GY520 if you can afford it.

Better for nitro than the 520 and better tail authority. The 701 fixes some vibe sensitivity issues the 520 had on nitro.

http://grandrc.chainreactionweb.com/...duct_info.html

BTW, 520 is better than the 780.
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofphase View Post
Now I have used this on my 400, and now I'm trying it out on my Nitro. Im starting to feel it isn't that great in this application. Now yes, It could be me not programming it right but it is taking an awful lot of true gain in the Gyro Sens menu. Im at 78 (which is 40 true gain) on my normal, and 73 ( 33 true gain) on my idle up 1 & 2. Even with 40 i still haven't achieved a wag to begin backing it down from. Also my tail stops pretty good in one direction, and has a little bounce back in the other. I understand this is a delay setting. Now via the CIU-2 USB link i have been using my comp at the field to set different control response setting which to my understanding controls delay. Adjustment on both left and right from low to high value seemed to not make much of a difference on this issue.

520 good choice for nitro?
Would going back to my GP780 be a better choice for with now?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Well, there is a lot of guy at field using this gyro and they have great results. I personaly use Spartan gyro on my helis 250,450,500,550,600 and 700 and it works SOLID LIKE A ROCK, you can get one for $130 bucks on Ebay, is worth it.
Here is a video of mine

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrPedplK10M[/ame]
Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helico-pteron View Post
Get the GY701, it's better than the GY520 if you can afford it.

Better for nitro than the 520 and better tail authority. The 701 fixes some vibe sensitivity issues the 520 had on nitro.

http://grandrc.chainreactionweb.com/...duct_info.html

BTW, 520 is better than the 780.
Yes this is what I will be eventually getting with the governor as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Palacio View Post
Well, there is a lot of guy at field using this gyro and they have great results. I personaly use Spartan gyro on my helis 250,450,500,550,600 and 700 and it works SOLID LIKE A ROCK, you can get one for $130 bucks on Ebay, is worth it.
Here is a video of mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrPedplK10M
The spartan is something i have thought about too, thanks for recommendations however id like to work the issues im currently having as well. I know It can fly great with the 520 I think im just over looking something, or just need to change something setting wise.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing about this hobby, it never goes stagnant, It always has you looking for the next answer or solution. Good luck Aaron, I think it may just be settings for you.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

can you post the setting you have ?? maybe I can help
Old 01-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The GY520 should work great on any helicopter from a 250 to a Nitro .90.

I have one on my Odin II right now and the tail is solid as a rock.

I have 10 in service right now and will be upgrading one machine with a Quark to a 520 shortly.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by backburner1955 View Post
One thing about this hobby, it never goes stagnant, It always has you looking for the next answer or solution. Good luck Aaron, I think it may just be settings for you.
+1
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in