Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 05:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Brand new Esky Belt CP V2 problem. Motor? ESC? Please help!

Got this new Belt CP V2. The motor doesnt spin, it "shakes" and the ESC gets warm. Watch this video:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUYWDstYUIk"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Whats wrong? Please help!
henrikvigh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2009, 06:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

First check the bullit connectors for bad soldering, it sounds like you are missing one fase on the motor.
If that is okay then I would say try another esc
Old 11-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 with Ber.
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2009, 05:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Post More likely to be your

Start off with a new, different brand of ESC for safety anyhow.
Esky ESC's have a bad reputation (well earned too) for failing / smoking / bursting into flames without any prior warning at all.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the answers so far. The soldering looks ok so I will try with a new ESC. What ESC will you recommend?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrikvigh View Post
Thanks for the answers so far. The soldering looks ok so I will try with a new ESC. What ESC will you recommend?

Just a little tip but - - - because a soldered joint looks O.K. from the outside, so to speak, doesn't mean its a 'good' joint.
By that I mean it could look O.K. but turn out to be a 'dry' join.
Where the solder looks good (ie nice & shiny on the outside, BUT hasn't actually been melted, fluxed allowing it to properly bonded the wire & the metal tab in the ESC together, ie it's a 'dry' joint. (if you understand what I am trying to say)

As far as the ESC choice goes, that's a LOT harder. It's really up to how much $$$ you wish to spend. and what sort of deal you can get either from your local hobby shop or one of the better, more reputable on-line suppliers. eg. locally here a Kontronik 40-6-10 costs $191 ( OUCH ! ) a Scorpion Commander 15V 55A LV ESC = $109 ( another OUCH ! )
I've used HobbyWing ESC's and had 4 good ones & a bad one. But they only cost US$32.50 each & had free shipping.

Currently for my 450 heli, have the choice of using another new HobbyWing Pentium 40A ESC or a Scorpion 55A Low Voltage ESC. - haven't decided which way to go just yet.
Hobbywing far less expensive - Scorpion far more expensive & with I.R. unit inline to program it.
Haven't even tried to use that yet.

For a replacement for the stock Belt CP ESC, I went for a 25A unit first, same rating as the stock Esky one but a different brand, then later switched to a 40A ESC.
All these ESC's available from on-line shops for only US$30 - $40 each. Some shops give you free shipping as well which will save you a few more bucks.
Going up from the 25A ESc to a 40A unit will help everything because the 40A one will stay cooler in flight & help your motor run better as well.

Everyone has their own ideas which one of the 'cheapies' is better value. Just make sure its really suitable for heli use. ie has a 'soft start' option for one thing. I try to stay away from the 'super cheapies' which are more suited to flying planks, etc. There are a couple of good value generic brands on the market too. All made in the same factory then each shop sticks their own label onto the outside.

Also (IMHO) its worth getting one with a programing card. ( another US12 - $15 depending where you shop )
MUCH easier to use & set up than trying to count 'beeps' while trying to set it up using your Tx.
The card will give you nice bright LED's to see so you'll know exactly, line by line, where each stage of your setting up is at as you do it.

In the end it will come down to a matter of personal choice - and what you feel is the best deal for you and what you are happy with.

Take your time and have a good look around first. :-)
With any / all on-line shops, be sure make sure the item you want is 'in stock' before you go and order it, also check out the shop's customer satisfaction, or lack there of, at their web site before buying.

Have fun ! :-D
Old 11-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice write-up Flip465

+1 with Flip465, if the esc is bad go for a 35/40Amp esc pref with a Ubec onboard
Old 12-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Problem solved!

Thanks for the very good and helpful answers.

I have now installed a Hobbywing Pentium 40A ESC. Seems to be working great.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a word of warning on the scorpion ESC's, I have never had one that functions from the word go, no matter what programming options are set. had one blow up on me just when I plugged the battery in the others Ive had 7/10 times on spool up just caused the motor to jitter initially and then didnt go over half throttle, and the other 3/10 times the motor just screeched at me. Replaced it with a CC phoenix 35A and never had a problem since
strike-down is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default problem of my belt cp

when i connect my battery with my belt cp, the blades starts moving automatically and there is no control over the heli.even the transmitter is off. i just attach battery and it starts moving automatically, sometimes slowers sometimes faster. due to automatic movement, main gear got broken. i changed it, but still the issue is same. anyone facing the same problem?

anyone who can solve my problem?
swiftcult22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015, 03:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

1 DO NOT plug it in again.

2 Which transmitter are you using?

3 Which ESC are you using?
Old 01-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Take off the main blades and tail blades. If you have not allready.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

You shouldn't plug in the battery unless the transmitter is turned on. If you are using the stock transmitter move the trim to the bottom and also ensure the idle up switch is not on. Can't tell you how many hundreds of main gears have been stripped with the stock transmitter and IU switch.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in