Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Helicommand update and questions about FBL

Howdy All,

First thing, the helicommand is working great, I love it ..

Very locked in.. and the rescue mode is awesome !!! I use Rigid mode rather than the horizon mode, The helicommand suits me perfect, fly in rigid (Like normal FBL gyro's) but i have the rescue button there if needed..

Now for the questions ::

First let me say that for the past 3 months i have been flying the Mcpx, that was my first ever heli and has taught me everything so far, I can fly in any orientation, inverted is fun.. When i bought my Trex 500 i got it second hand and befoure i even gave it a hover i converted it from Flybar to FBL and replaced the standard things, main shaft as part of the FBL upgrade and feathering shaft and so on. The guys down my local club are amazed at how well it flys, Locked in and smooth, and if feels that way so i'm very happy with it. They are all wanting the helicommand now as i gave them a demo of the rescue mode, so there will be about another 8 helicommands out there real soon.

Now ... My head speeds, with a 13 tooth pinion are as follows

Nor: 1900 RPM
Idle up 1: 2200 RPM
Idle up 2: 2425 RPM
TX : DX 8
Castle ice 75
Scorpion HK-3026-1900 190 KV Motor
Turnigy 6s 3000mah 45 c

Please take into account i'm new to this and this is my first setup and i am only learning about FBL..

In Idle up 2 the thing is so crisp and locked in it's unreal ... i can really hammer it around throwing it into nice banked turns and fly around inverted with confidence.. feels very solid in the sky.

In Idle up 1 is still fine and locked in ... i can also throw it into nice banked turns and fly around inverted with confidence.. fells very solid in the sky but it's not as crisp, i guess with the lower head speed you need to adjust your flying a bit ..

In norm Idle up dunno i don't use it ... however it hovers just fine if i do use it..

There is a guy down at my club the flys his 500 with a head speed of 1700 rpm, sure he has an 11 tooth pinion but he fly's around nice and slow doing nice slowish banked turns, ect ect and the thing looks so relaxed and graceful, i really like this flying style the whole thing looks so locked in and crisp, its nice to watch.

I WANT to fly like this and i can BUT the head is screaming it's tit's off at idle up 1, i want to lower the head speed to around 1700 - 1800 and fly the same as him, so I'm aware i might need to drop down to a 11 tooth pinion, that's fine, but how do i get the same locked in feeling as i have in ide up 2 with a lower head speed ? Of course if i was going to go inverted i would flick into idle up 2 ...

With a lower head speed do i need a higher gyro gain ?
With a higher head speed do i need a lower gyro gain ?
Or should the gyro gain be the same for all head speeds ?

I think you guys get what i mean, as i said I'm only a noob and don't pretend to understand everything so a bit of help here would be appreciated ..

In the helicomand i have my head gyro set to 45 and the gains (two sliders below) set to 16, that was the default for the two sliders, and it fly's fine, if i up the head gryo to say 50 i get tail bob (Bouce) but i assume i need more head gain for a lower head speed to get that same locked , crisp feeling that i have on ldle up 2.. ? Dunno ?

As for the tail gyro dunno i left it a default and it seems ok ... does the gyro setting in the TX change the head gyro or tail gyro ?

Thanks, I hope i have explained it all well enough .. want a low head speed but with the same locked in feeling i have with a high head speed ..

Cheers

Mark
Shtumpa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The lower the head speed the higher the gain setting can be. For the tail it is useful to use the Gyro function in your TX. This will allow different tail gyro gain settings for each flight mode. On the HC3-SX you are limited to a single head gain setting if you are using the Horizon/Rescue modes. In this case you want to set the highest head gain possible for the highest head speed you use. If you do not have the Horizon/Rescue modes active you can set multiple head gains using the TX aux channel.

If the machine has a tail bob (bounce) after a sharp elevator input increase the Elevator Filter on the Rigid page of the HC software. Usually a 1 or 2 point increase is all that is needed.

Danny
F1 Rocket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in