Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Esmart

Esmart E-Sky Esmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

From my experience with the trex 600 and the 450, their swash bearing develops slop a lot quickand some have issues of bearing creeping out of the receptacle during flight. I don't know about the trex 500 though. Another alternative is the swash plate from a compass knight electric with the 8mm shaft.
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2009, 12:24 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Head swap

Hi Guys and Gal, Please give some thought to this. The "E" head in a fairly heaver head. All the parts are what I would call a grade size up from the 500. I do have both, EXI 500 Its full CNC metal and it is not as ?heavy duty as the Smartie. Remember that the "E" swings 550's and the 500 only swings 430's I think I need to see what size feathering shaft the 500 has!
Any way just my thoughts...
E-Smart CF Pro, Full Metal E Smart, Outrage 550
G-Smart. Pegusas
Fatdaddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I dunno. If you look at my size comparison photos, the swash plate is the exact same size. Also, I'm going from a *PLASTIC* swash to a 7075 aluminium one, I can't think that the e-smart OEM swash is stronger than the Align one.

As for the rest of the head, folks are flying Trex 500 ESP heads with insane head speeds (over 3000+ RPM) -- I think we should be ok with our much more sedate headspeeds. But I'm not going there yet as my head seems fairly ok.

K

p.s. It does make me think, though, that if e-sky were (ever) to start up production of the ES600 again and put in some design changes, they should make the main shaft 10mm (and perhaps give us modulus equivalence with the Trex 600 main gear) while they're at it.
"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
nasukaren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in