Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What is your take on helihobby.com?

Ok, first of all, I am sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread. Last night I found what I believed to be a pretty good deal for a Trex 600 NSP combo at this link http://helihobby.com/html/nitro_trex_helicopter.html for 1149.99. When I found this I was getting pretty excited. Well looks can be deceiving. I started to look around on google and found reviews of helihobby. For the most part they were mixed reviews. The bad reviews, however, sounded pretty bad. Mainly sounded like customer service problems but this was years ago. The bad reviews were about 4 years old. The good reviews were only less than a year old. I have only found like less than 10 reviews though. I am trying to find some more reviews that are recent and hopefully good. So I was just wondering if anyone else had any experiences with helihobby. I know there is no company that can make everyone happy all the time but I am just trying to research a little.

Edit: Aww crap, sorry, I just realized I put this in the 600 electric section
3Dman1655 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

OK a little history.

Years ago Helihobby was just a store out here in So Cal. They had a lot of problems with bad orders, etc etc etc... No one was happy with them and in fact Will James owner of Helifreak would not even let them advertise here. My first and last experience with them was bad and I never ordered again from them.

Then about a year ago Helihobby ONLINE got bought out from the local store. They are not related at all anymore. Things went uphill from there fast. The new business is now very reputable and as you are seeing, reviews etc are now good.

There is a guy that has been on Helifreak for a while now and works for Helihobby. His name is Helismith and he keeps an eye on things here to make sure no one is unhappy here at helifreak with Helihobby. I myself have really not seen any serious complaints or issues with Helihobby since the new company took over about a year ago. Because f that Will decided to give them a chance and allowed them to advertise. Things have been good at least all that I can see. I think you can search here and see yourself if there have been any complaints.

I think you will be fine and wouldn't worry.... PM Helismith if you have any questions and I am sure he will help you out.

Bob

Anyway I think you will be fine ordering from them now.
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for your response Bob . I figured something had happened but I wasn't sure. Now I am feeling better about ordering from them since I know a bit about what is going on.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hey

AAA+ for Helihobby......

It's the only place I shop.
Super fast shipping...even to me in Canada.......totally reliable and they even send some free candies in the package

Great company IMO.

p01rogue is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

You'll find some deals there that can't be had anywhere else. I got a Thunder Tiger scale fuse for my T600 for under $300 shipped.

My orders show up the next day (I'm a few cities over from them).

Another big plus is their inventory is real-time. If the website says they have it, it's in stock.
heli-on is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I order from them all the time. They are fine. I've only had to contact customer service once and got a quick response.
flyingtanks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

i order alot from them and never had any problems.very good service
Tdrex 800e 12s vbar I2 bling
Bank account EMPTY
growmaster4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a nice deal for the combo. I wouldn't use the S3151 for the throttle though. Only reason I say this is because when I built my NSP a couple of months ago I used that and it only lasted about 10 flights.

Good luck
MarkFlysHelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Awesome!!! Thanks all for your posts. I am really glad to hear good news about helihobby. I will consider a different servo for throttle too
Old 05-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have ordered from them several times and it has been an extremely positive experience.

I did speak to Helismith when I ordered.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've ordered from them several times as well, and I've never run into any issues. (My only complaint is that I have to pay sales tax when I buy from them since they are in CA.)
DaveWalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2015, 01:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know im reviving a necro-thread, but I need some multi-rotor parts, and actually ordered them from sdshobbyusa dot net and its been over a week, and they havnt shipped yet, then I find out they are a crap site to order from, and will prolly never even get the parts....

So, I look around and find helihobby has the exact parts I need, so ill just re-order then from them, if they are still doing good business? I can put a paypal claim in with the other guys after a month rolls by, and if they do actually ship, ill have spares, I guess.

So, is HeliHobby still on the ball? Thanks for any help in this matter!
Ginnz!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in