Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Foamies and Park Flyers

Foamies and Park Flyers 3D Foamies and Park Flyers are an EXCELLENT way to improve your reflexes and stick finesse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2015, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Horizon Sport Cub S BNF with SAFE

Got one of these a few days ago as my first ever plane, and thought I would give a little report.

Showed up as promised, in good condition, and totally assembled. I'm using it with my dx6i. I have about twenty flights on it now.

Little plane is solid, and really easy to fly in the beginner mode. When I first unboxed it I thought it was going to be super fragile and break the first time I tried to fly it, but it has held up well. Pretty much idiot proof. I had never flown a plane before (real life or sim), and took off, flew a bunch of figure eights, and landed like it was nothing, first try. If there is the slightest breeze, it will land with almost zero ground speed and just plop down in the grass.

Intermediate mode is a different story. I could put it in the dirt if I'm not careful. I don't use the panic recovery, I just flip it back to beginner mode if I lose orientation, and that mellows things out plenty so that I can get my bearings.

Tried out the advanced mode, and did my first loops and rolls yesterday. I like the change of pace of flying the plane a lot. It is so much more chill than the heli.

The only close call that I've had so far was when I continued to fly when it got gusty. The plane handled the wind better than I thought it would, but it's super light and only has so much power, so I found myself getting blown out of my flying area. Dead sticked it for about four minutes (seemed like forever) to save battery (something that I had read to do while looking up "how to fly planes" info ), almost losing sight of the tiny model, then floored it when there was a lull to get back and land. Was pretty proud of that.
futaba 6J, spektrum dx6i
MtnMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one also , I'm mostly a Heli guy, but wanted to try a plane... So far it's been fun.. Very different than flying helis, like u said " way more chill" lol
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2015, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here, I like it. Also have a YAK54 180, very fast and ton of power. Just wanted that to fly 3D, so far it been fun. To relax, the cub is awesome. I wish it had a bit more power to deal with the wind, without assistance it gets tossed around quickly and also stalls.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good plane to have a laid back blast with!
I have one and I fly it with a DX9.

Love the three modes. I've got it set up on my radio for beginner, intermediate, and experienced.
My 8 year old grandson is learning to fly and he can use beginner and intermediate modes pretty easily.
I love experienced mode for aerobatics.
That little foam airplane will do some pretty crazy stuff if you try hard enough.
I was doing some hovering with it today. Fun..
It will knife-edge too. Lol.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know I'm digging up a post pushing roughly a year old, but I just bought a SCS and I'm pumped. It should show up sometime this week, and I'm looking forward to flying it.

Like EBrom, I'll be running the DX9. I'm excited
Old 02-07-2017, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is a very fun little plane to fly, just be sure to fly in calm conditions or indoors, doesn't handle wind very good , buts it's fun to fly.
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still flying this little guy. Fun as ever. That little AS3X Will fight like Heck in a gusty wind condition. Grandson is getting ready to move up to a Pandora with AS3X flight modes here soon.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Horizon Sport Cub S BNF with SAFE

I finally had calm enough winds to take it up today. It was an absolute blast.

In all honesty, I couldn't wrap my head around SAFE. Beginner mode 1 was a struggle because it didn't do what my brain thought it should do. I put it into mode 2 and it settled in. Flew pretty darn well. But I still thought the mixing was cheating, so I went to mode 3. Exciting, fun, challenging, awesome.

Now if I could just keep the wind from blowing...but that's what the F4U Corsair S and FW190A8 are for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JasonandMichelle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in