Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just flew a 4s 2200ma battery at 90 percent headspeed (stock esc) with 8 min flight and battery still had 34 percent left in her, I'm gunna try 9 min flight and see what that leaves me.

This is comparable to running a 6s battery at 70 percent but almost doubling the flight time. I was averaging 5 min flights on a 6s 1200ma Gens ace battery with 24 percent left in pack.
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhelipilot View Post
Just flew a 4s 2200ma battery at 90 percent headspeed (stock esc) with 8 min flight and battery still had 34 percent left in her, I'm gunna try 9 min flight and see what that leaves me.

This is comparable to running a 6s battery at 70 percent but almost doubling the flight time. I was averaging 5 min flights on a 6s 1200ma Gens ace battery with 24 percent left in pack.
Because you dropped the HS almost in half.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dominator 6s running on a 3s battery

The other advantage is that the 3s batteries are cheaper. Now what if the 450L was build with a 3s motor? My 6s arrives tomorrow. Lets see.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:16 PM   #24 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
The other advantage is that the 3s batteries are cheaper. .
By maybe $5, it shouldn't be part of the decision.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dominator 6s running on a 3s battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
The other advantage is that the 3s batteries are cheaper. Now what if the 450L was build with a 3s motor? My 6s arrives tomorrow. Lets see.

That's kind of a yes and no.

Yes, 3S packs tend to be cheaper, but, in order to get them to survive hard flying you need a higher C rated pack (less efficient power setup)

I can get by with cheaper packs (Pulse) in my 450L than I could in my mini Titan (TP G8). The pulse seem to be surviving in this Heli where as my 3S thunder tiger swinging 323s tore them up.
DiceK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

i already have a 6 up to 14 minutes flight with my 6s batteries.....i have a couple 3s from my lost previoys heli......can i use them you say? if yes? i should change the TC or anything? or just change the battery? as for my flights...i have minimum 6-6.30 minutes with idle up to 75 and 90% mixed with normal flight......if i go only normal i can do up to almost 15minutes with my 6s .....if you ask me what batteries i have ...i have 3x 1400mah 40c Gens Ace and 2x 1450mah 45c Gen Ace again...which fit more perfect in the frame than the 1400....cause the 1450 is 1cm longer but thinner....the 1400 is like made to fit exactly the frame .....no space in any side ....you have to slithly push it maybe..but the 1450 is stronger longer and more thin...and it fits perfect...and its 10grams heavier which makes the heli EXACTLY balanced for me....with the 1400 i have a small ammount of more weight to the tail side so i try to keep them as out of frame i can to balance it .......so can we use the 3s batteries too? and for the history its my 2nd 450L dominator 1 month new....my previous had problems even from a perfect build....afte 1 month it was workin fine...suddenly tail vibes and waggin appeared...3 months we couldnt find what was it....3 technicians checked it out..nothing....i even bought all tail parts totaly new...nothing...and of course the main frame without the boom had no vibes at all with full throttle...till one day i changed my servos with mks ds 95......and in the 3rd battery the Esc broke on the air and took fire...was flying for 2 minutes like hell uncontrolable and everyone was running to hide wishing not to crash on any of the cars there......finaly it crashed....and the repair cost was too close to buy it new again...so i bought it again new.....and i use the mks servos which btw they didnt break at all..they work like new ...even at their 1st flights had a bad crash pffff anyway.........i have 1 align battery 2200mah 30c and one 2800 mah 45c gens ace again of course...top of the line batts.....so can i use them (3s) to my 6s dominator?
Acid Junkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in