Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Protos 700/800

MSH Protos 700/800 MSH Protos 700/800 Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2015, 07:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJVan View Post
I used 2 shims like the manual calls for, but there is no play. Is it ok to run no shims?
That's why it is tight, Remove 1, then try. Needs slight play otherwise it will lock up on you. If you need to remove both , do so.
crickr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2015, 06:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickr1 View Post
Make sure you leave a little play up and down, do not shim too much.
Did this on my original build, replaced OWB in 10 flights, have over 60 trouble free since, Small play should help with the tightness and prolong life. The Protos single belt/OWB system can be a bit finicky, but if enough play/slack in the system is present much more trouble free.
Maybe this is why I'm having so much success with mine"Knock on wood" I only installed one shim if I remeber correctly. I can say for certain it was the minimum amount that the manual called for is all I used.

I use the T3achdad to fly RC Flight Logger app and click on the add flight each time as I come back in to the pits from the flight and now have 73 logged full battery cycle beat on it flights with out any mechanical issues.

I pulled the belt off and checked all my pulley bearings and such right before the Apache Pass event to make sure I wasn't overlooking a soon to be bearing failure of any kind and all checked out and felt great.

I really enjoy flying this heli a lot.
The only issue so far that i have and its not really an issue so much as a want is to be able to auto it and have the more typical 700 hang time to it.
I knew about the "heavy auto" characteristics going into it though so I cant call this a complaint at all.

I will also add to that comment as well that once the V2 parts become available I will be retiring my other big helis and using the electronics out of them to go into a Protos MAX 800 build and updating the drive train I currently have in my 700 and I won't be flying any other electric brand machines

As for my nitro's those two machines have been neglected pretty badly already since the MAX arrived at my door. The dust on them is getting pretty bad .

Ever since I began flying a few years back and saw my first Tareq Protos video I have been fan of the heli and was always intrigued by its sound, speed, looks, and everything about them.
Now that I have a MAX and Mini both I just cant get enough of them.
Hopefully we can see an exploion in MSH airframes here in the USA with the soon to be release of the V2.
It will be awesome to see Protos Helis dominating the airfields here
JETI USA
www.MSHUSA.com, www.MSheli.com
mamartin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

mamartin,
Now you need a stretched 500 to complete the family
Awesome flying, trouble free machine. Like the mini, takes whatever you can throw at it, no complaints, keeps begging for more.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, I took out both shims and I've got a little play now. I thing I'm good. Got my VBar NEO yesterday and my ESC should be here today. I'll be running Cyclone 715's and 115 tails. I run lower head speeds than most (1750-1950), so the 115's should be good.

Thanks again for all the tips. It really helped a lot.

Thanks!
R.J.
RJVan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2015, 05:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well, I took out both shims and I've got a little play now. I thing I'm good. Got my VBar NEO yesterday and my ESC should be here today. I'll be running Cyclone 715's and 115 tails. I run lower head speeds than most (1750-1950), so the 115's should be good.

Thanks!
R.J.
On occasion I am running 1400, scary fun with no problems. Everything in s,ow motion, almost seems like it would fall from sky but it just keeps going. Awesome e heli!
Old 05-15-2015, 05:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Thanks!
R.J.
I run 115's at 2150 headspeed. It's insane fun.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2015, 07:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried to maiden it this week. I'm getting very bad tail wags. I rebuilt the tail several times, but that didn't help. I read that if the motor is too close to the main gear, it can cause some issues. I moved the motor back (and the tail in), but when I was putting the tail back together I ruined one of the very thin washers in the tail grips. DOH! Ordered a new tail grip assembly last night. Hopefully I'll have everything sorted by next weekend.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running 105's at 2200. Tail is locked in solid
JETI USA
www.MSHUSA.com, www.MSheli.com
mamartin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2015, 08:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got a chance to fly it today with the new tail. Flew rock solid. Very nice heli. I love the way it sounds too. I must have had something wrong in the old grips. The Vbar defaults were good as usual.

Thanks of the help.

R.J.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in