Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default issue's with gov and cc ice 100

Let me start off by saying hey Georgi!! been out for a bit but I'm back for awhile.

I have my cc ice 100a esc set up with fixed end points and airplane mode and the current firmware installed. and I have the sk set up for gov mode and the gain at 32 as well as headspeed set at 2250,2300 and 2350 and the spool up is hard not soft as once was and I also noticed the gov is not holding the headspeed I looked at the log and say the max headspeed was 1800-1900. what to do? is the castle esc crap for the set up and I need a hobbywing? my heli is a t550 e
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

=] Hi Choppy! its not surprising to see an 18 month old incompatibility issue still at play??! nothing has been released to fix it! (CC side, not SK side)

the hobbywing digital phase sensor might help you out? the start might not be soft though?

or have the best Gov in the world using the SK / Hobbywing combination with a soft start!! with accurate headspeeds and logging!

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hey Hey there George,
I knew you would shed the much needed light on the issue. Ok going to buy the hobbywing platinum 100 amp. I would rather spend the 100 dollars for the peace of mind and sanity at this point in my life.
Thx Georgi I'm sure I'll be talking to ya real soon here after my remaiden. take care buddy and happy flying!!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey told ya I'd be back!!
Will the hyperion phase sensor work with the hobbywing platinum or do I need the hobbywing brand?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hyperion sensor works perfectly
Cascade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 03:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just curious because I have not tried the Skookum governor - what makes it a better governor than the standard CC governor ?

Colin
Baumann EC-145 800+ (coming soon )
Andy01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It senses your inputs and adjusts headspeed before the heli has a chance to bog instead of after the fact, it really is an amazing system although I'm not sure how well it would work with the ICE100.

Proactive Vs. Reactive.

Watch and listen to the headspeed when the heli moves, it feeds throttle to the ESC before it has a chance to bog:

T600 12S Skookum governor (0 min 29 sec)
Old 05-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

good day and Thanks cascade for your response question for you or whoever knows

I ordered the hobbywing platinum 100a esc and the lcd programing box so correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read somewhere that hobbywing includes their rpm sensor with their esc produced after dec 2011. true or false? also if this is true would i be smart to use hobbywings or just keep the hyperion already installed on the motor? thx
Old 05-02-2012, 04:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
It senses your inputs and adjusts headspeed before the heli has a chance to bog instead of after the fact, it really is an amazing system although I'm not sure how well it would work with the ICE100.

Proactive Vs. Reactive.

Watch and listen to the headspeed when the heli moves, it feeds throttle to the ESC before it has a chance to bog:
Good explanation. I fly scale with my SK720s, so bogging is not really an issue.

Thanks
Colin
Baumann EC-145 800+ (coming soon )
Andy01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 05:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the ESC in January and have no sensor.
The Hyperion works really great, I just got 4 flights on it and the governor performs really well.
You just need to be careful to setup the chain in the right order.
1. Straight 0-100 line in the TX, set to full throttle
2. Power on the ESC and wait for the double beep, slowly move the stick down and wait for six beeps and the confirmation beep.
3. Test that with no blades on and see if the sensor records the headspeed (given the fact you set up the gear ratio an all.
4. Then, when that works set up the min max throttle in the SK and after that set the speeds.
5. Now set three straight lines in the TC : 40, 60 and 100 %
6. Power on the SK and see if it reads your switch settings
7. Now test the whole system on a dry run, see if it switches to the different speeds and after that check that it records those.

took me like 20 test runs yesterday but today i flew 4 batteries already and all is great

Oh, and the LCD is SUCH a great tool...nothing better than changing all those parameters on the field.
ArguZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 06:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArguZ View Post
5. Now set three straight lines in the TC : 40, 60 and 100 %
1st throttle should be 0-20-40-40
The SK needs to see 0-40 for the gov to kick in although it can be a different curve.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, ok, if you say so...mine works fine , but why not...having a real 0 might be safer too.
Its just...I like having three flight modes
ArguZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

arguz good info and nice to hear that your happy with yours!! Although its a bummer to hear yours was sensor-less, so its probably a good guess mine will be also. Oh well I do have the hyperion soldered up to the motor lead.
I pretty much have all my parameters set up in the sk software and the tx t-curves but I have a feeling I'll have to put it all back to zero and start fresh when setting up my new hw esc.

Cascade, thats right about the throttle curve and having to set it up 0-20 and then 40 straight across on the (N) or 1st throttle setting and then on the 1st throttle up or 2nd setting it should be 60% straight across and 100% straight across on the 2nd throttle up or 3rd setting does this sound right?
good day all. ThX
Old 05-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My hw esc came yesterday and set-up was a snap. I honestly set it up in 5-10 minutes and that included downloading the new firmware. I re maiden tomorrow morn will update then. I bench tested it tonight and wow super smooth and rpm's are spot on.
For all you who are still messing around with those castle creation's (like I did for alittle over a year) I must tell you your missing out on one of the best esc set-up's known to the hobby and I've flown some of the best out there.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

=] Choppy run the Turnigy firmware for an ultra soft start, should you need it!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

dunke sheon georg
Old 05-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

to use turrnigy firmware dont i have to flash the hw esc
Old 05-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

=] Choppy, you need to download and use the 1.07 turnigy firmware loaded to the HW, I have looked for a link but its time consuming! I think Heathy will have it at his finger tips?, if not I will filemail it to you, that's gotta be quicker!

you will need the USB link prog box to do this....

Old 05-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

^^^^^^^Below will be the link to the 1.07 turnigy firmware....

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=309140

You are welcome.I don't have my hobbywing yet but I'm collecting all the necessary files,info and ideas you guys are recommending and talking about.
Scorny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, I did the turnigy firmware update through the 2in1 box and all is good. Well 3rd flight today and the spool up is fantastic super super smooth. All I really did today was just hover around with a little forward flight and the only real issue I have is with the tail.
I'm running a head speed of 2300-2350-2400 and I get a tail wag not an obscene one but and annoying one. it feels like if I went up in head speed it would go away. But I feel that the head speed I'm running is fine and the tail shouldn't be so ignorant? my gov gain is 33 and the heli is a t550 with a scorpion 4025-1100, hw 100a esc and spinning edge 553, I did upgrade the tail servo to a outrage 9188 but I don't feel that's a issue though. I know I know you want logs but until I can get them off the sk and ideas? the vibe's are great only 0.4-0.5 and that was with a pitch pump just to get a feel for the gov and tail which it held fine but just wags back and forth when hovering. I have the sk directly under the main shaft inline with the cg with the sk factory gyro tapes and metal plate. I dont have the sk strapped down but I figured it was ok since I'm not using zeal or any gel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in