Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...) > DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM) DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the same question but with Futaba 8fg & R617FS RX, is it possible ti follow your sticky?
Thanks.
FLIP FPV
SAMUELPINONFLORES is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

the setup may be different on a futaba 8, not sure as I dont own one, but if using a r617fs as RX, you definitely need to swap the pitch and throttle channel just like I did on the futaba 7C, this is the only way to get failsafe RTH working, follow the guide and adapt the instruction for your TX,

For the one who ask how to set IOC on a 3 way switch, this will be very similar to setup the 3 way switch for flight mode, play with end points
locks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many thanks Loks, i'm gonna try when I can connect my Naza to my PC.
FLIP FPV
SAMUELPINONFLORES is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help. Can't get Atti mode into forced failsafe

Have the three way CM switch setup, IOC switch setup, FS on signal loss set up.

Having problems with the Forced Failsafe switch though. I can get GPS and Manual into FS, but not Atti.
Here are pics of the program mix.

GPS

Atti

Manual

Any suggestions?

Also, in FS when signal loss is activated, my throttle goes to about 54%.

When FS is activated with switch B the throttle stays at zero. Is this correct?
JGrn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont think you can achieve this with mixing, at least not on my T7C, the way mixing work, is it use the master value and apply a modifier to that value,

Let me explain, lets say to setup your Control Mode switch you use as follow:
GPS: -100%
ATT: 0%
Manual: +100%

let say you ad a -50% mix on it (wich actually will mean divide current value by 2,):
GPS: -100% - 50% = (-100 / 2 = -50) new value: -50% (trigger failsafe)
Normal: 100% - 50% = (100 / 2 = 50) new value: 50% (trigger failsafe)
ATT: 0% - 50% is still equal to 0% at the end (0 / 2 = 0), so nothing happen

What I did on my setup, is that I use the throttle channel to control mode, and throttle channel have this handy th-hold switch that will override anything else for a preset value, so I set this preset value to a value that trigger the failsafe, no matter where the sticks or control mode switch is, failsafe will be on when the th-switch is on.

Not sure if you already use the throttle channel for flight mode control or not, but will need to in order to use the th-hold switch as a failsafe switch, otherwise you'll have to do with mixing and then you have to keep reminding that manual failsafe wont work in ATT mode

Hope that helps
Old 02-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
I dont think you can achieve this with mixing, at least not on my T7C, the way mixing work, is it use the master value and apply a modifier to that value,

Let me explain, lets say to setup your Control Mode switch you use as follow:
GPS: -100%
ATT: 0%
Manual: +100%

let say you ad a -50% mix on it (wich actually will mean divide current value by 2,):
GPS: -100% - 50% = (-100 / 2 = -50) new value: -50% (trigger failsafe)
Normal: 100% - 50% = (100 / 2 = 50) new value: 50% (trigger failsafe)
ATT: 0% - 50% is still equal to 0% at the end (0 / 2 = 0), so nothing happen

What I did on my setup, is that I use the throttle channel to control mode, and throttle channel have this handy th-hold switch that will override anything else for a preset value, so I set this preset value to a value that trigger the failsafe, no matter where the sticks or control mode switch is, failsafe will be on when the th-switch is on.

Not sure if you already use the throttle channel for flight mode control or not, but will need to in order to use the th-hold switch as a failsafe switch, otherwise you'll have to do with mixing and then you have to keep reminding that manual failsafe wont work in ATT mode

Hope that helps
No, not using the throttle channel for flight mode control. To be honest I know just enough to set it the way I did.

The way my switch is now, FS is activated in Manual and GPS. Is there a way for me to just have it activated in GPS and Atti? I don't really use manual that much.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrn View Post
No, not using the throttle channel for flight mode control. To be honest I know just enough to set it the way I did.

The way my switch is now, FS is activated in Manual and GPS. Is there a way for me to just have it activated in GPS and Atti? I don't really use manual that much.
it is easier if you see it.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok I played with mine and figured it out, not sure if it's the same on the fut 8, but this is how I did on my t7c

Have your 3 way switch toggle between GPS / ATT / MANUAL as you already do

Setup a first mix like this:
Master and slave set to your Flight mode channel, set both rate at -100%, Switch B Pos Down

Now when you flib the switch B, flight mode will always be at ATT wherever you place the 3 pos switch,

Make a 2nd mix like this:
Master: OFS (offset)
Slave (your same channel that comtrol mode)
Switch B pos Down
here you'll only 1 rate to enter set the number so that the cursor move to FAILSAFE (either side, doesnt matter)

Voila! your set

How it work:
The 1st mix, when enable will reduce all movement from the switch to null (-100%) on both end of the switch
The 2nd mix will offset the channel position to where you set it,
Both on same switch same position, so when activated, the cursor will move to the failsafe position you set and then wont move from here since all movement are reduced by 100%

That should work for you!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome!

I will try this out tomorrow. Really appreciate you taking the time to figure this out for me. I just hope I'm smart enough to follow your directions. Lol
Old 02-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Saved my vacation

Well this was so timely...had to send 14mz back to Futuba for pot change.f550/naza gps controled by this radio and I have 4 days off to fly.I thought my backup radio (you guessed it a futuba 7c )didnt have enough channels.Than I come upon this tutorial and it works exactly as written...same values through out...just made 4 fpv flights on the coast...thanks so much...kpc
thinwing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problems with fail safe

Quote:
I wrote this guide to help others in the same situation as me. I hope it will help others.

The Futaba R617FS receiver only support failsafe on channel 3, if you followed the Naza manual, you won’t be able to setup the failsafe for signal loss.

My setup being a Futaba T7C Tx with a Futaba R617FS Rx, I was struggling to setup the failsafe to work on signal loss, and searching around the internet, I saw a lot of peoples asking how to set it up, and no answers, often the replies were as simple as “that can’t be done with this Rx”.

I finally found the solution and will try to explain it here for everyone else.

Facts:
  • a) The R617FS receiver only supports failsafe on channel 3 (throttle)
  • b) The Naza-M gyro only supports getting a failsafe signal from channel U
  • c) If you follow the Naza-M manual, you have connect your rx channel 3 (throttle) to your naza channel T (throttle) and rx channel 5 (3 way switch) to your naza channel U (“GPS/Manual/Failsafe” command switch channel)
  • d) Combining point a, b and c, you’ll never be able to get the fail safe working when losing radio signal

Solution:
To sum it up, you need to have your rx channel 3 (which support the failsafe) to your naza channel U, your rx channel 6 (pitch) to your naza channel T, you set up your TX for Heli mode, Swash type H-1, and use the pitch curve to control your throttle and the throttle curve to control the flight mode (using a flat line in each switch position to toggle to GPS/Attitude/Manual mode).

This manual will guide you to the complete setup of your Futaba T7C / R617FS / Naza-M to take the full advantage of every option the Naza-M + GPS give you, setup the fail-safe on signal loss, setup the switches to toggle between each flight mode, each IOC mode and a manual fail-safe switch.

Step By Step Instructions:
(I use the Futaba T7C HELI-Mode2 Tx, instructions may differ a bit with other radios)

1- Connect your receiver to your Naza-M as follow:
R617FS ---> NAZA-M
Channel 1 ---> A (same as manual)
Channel 2 ---> E (same as manual)
Channel 3 ---> U (different from manual)
Channel 4 ---> R (same as manual)
Channel 5 ---> X1 (different from manual)
Channel 6 ---> T (different from manual)
Channel 7 ---> X2 (same as manual)

2- Go in your Tx, make a new model or use the one you already have

3- The Tx Basic menu PARAMETER:
  • a- In your Tx, go to menu “PARAMETER”, go on RESET>EXEC and hold the dial button until it reset (you want to reset to make sure no other settings will interfere with the setup)
  • b- Scroll down to TYPE and select H-1
  • c- Scroll down to CH5-SW> and chose -
  • d- Scroll down to CH7-SW> and chose B (I use switch B to toggle the IOC)

4- The Tx Basic menu “REVERSE” Menu:
  • a- Here’s how I have mine setup, I suggest you follow the same pattern so it’s easier to follow the guide, Reverse CH1, CH4 and CH7, keep all others in NOR

5- The Tx Basic menu “TIMER”, Set TIMER to ON or OFF, assign Switch D(Down), set timer to your flight time, and mode UP or DOWN according to your preference (I use UP mode)

6- The Tx Basic Menu “TH-CUT”, Set TH-CUT> to INH

7- The Tx Advanced Menu “HOV-THR”, Set HOV-THR to INH

8- The Tx Advanced Menu “HOV-PIT”, Set HOV-THR to INH

9- The Tx Advanced Menu “GYRO”, Set GYRO to INH (more on this later)

Now the pre-setup of the Tx is Ready, now we need to run the Naza application and connect the USB to the Naza to complete the setup

10- In Naza application, Tx Cali Page, Make sure all 4 channel are set to REV (if you follow the same channel reversing as me in the Tx of course), verify all channel are moving in appropriate direction, also you’ll want to calibrate here

11- Programming the 3 way switch for GPS/Attitude/Manual mode
  • a- Go in Tx Advanced Menu “THR-CRV”
  • b- Place your 3-way switch to normal and set the normal throttle curve 8% on all points, in the application you should now have the GPS mode turn Blue, if not, change the value till GPS turn Blue, make sure you use the same value on all point (flat line)
  • c- Place your switch to Idle1 and set the Idle1 throttle curve to 50% on all points, in application, you should now have the attitude mode Blue
  • d- Place your switch to Idle2 and set the Idle2 throttle curve to 90% on all points, in application, you should now see that manual is turn Blue (again, this value may be different for you, if manual don’t turn Blue, adjust the value as needed)
  • e- Your 3-way switch is now set

12- Programming a manual Fail-Safe switch using the TH-Hold Switch
  • a- Flip the TH-Hold switch in TH-Hold position (toward you)
  • b- Go in Tx advanced menu “TH-HOLD” and set POS to +40%
  • c- In application, you should now see that Fail-Safe is turn Blue, if not, adjust the value of POS till you have Fail-Safe turn Blue
  • d- Now, you can use the TH-Hold as a Return to Home (RTH) switch (for RTH, make sure that in application autopilot page, that you have check Go-Home and Landing, otherwise your Fail-Safe will only land)

13- Setting the Fail-Safe on loss of signal
  • a- Have your TH-Hold switch ON and make sure in the application that Fail-Safe is Blue
  • b- Go in Tx Basic Menu “FAIL SAFE”
  • c- Make sure that CH: 3 is set to F/S, you should have the number 3 flashing on the Tx screen, press and hold the Tx dial button until you hear 2 fast beep, when you hear the beeps, this mean that fail safe position is saved in Rx
  • d- Now we need to test the fail safe and make sure it works, place the TH-Hold switch to OFF, now in application you should have either GPS/A/M in Blue, Power OFF the Tx, now Fail Safe should turn blue and you have your fail safe set for loss of signal/Tx, power back on the Tx and the Naza should go back to whatever mode you have your 3-way switch at

14- Setting the Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
  • a- Go in application Autopilot Page
  • b- Make sure to check “3. Intelligent Orientation Control”
  • c- On Tx, Place switch A and B to UP position
  • d- Go in Tx advanced menu “P-MIX1”
  • e- Set MAS to OFS
  • f- Set SLV to CH7
  • g- Set SW to A-UP
  • h- Set RT to -100%
  • i- How it work: Switch A will control what IOC mode you want (UP for Course Lock and DOWN for Home Lock) and switch B will control if IOC is OFF or ON (UP is IOC OFF, DOWN is IOC ON)
  • j- Test your IOC Switches, when B is UP IOC is always OFF, you can move switch A UP or DOWN and this won’t change anything, but when you switch B to DOWN, IOC will switch to whatever mode you set A switch to

15- Only thing left is the Gimbal X1 Channel, I don’t use this feature so I haven’t played with it, but the X1 channel is linked to your GYRO channel, if you use this feature, you can use the Tx GYRO menu to control the X1 channel or you can set a switch for it from the PARAMETER menu

This is it, if you followed this guide to the letter, you’ll be able to switch to all flight mode, have a switch for Return to Home, have a functional Fail-Safe in case of loss of signal/Tx, and have the ability to use any IOC mode the Naza-M have

Here is a summary of all the switches and their functions:
  • Switch E (3-way switch): Normal position = GPS Mode, Idle1 = Attitude Mode, Idle2 = Normal Mode
  • Switch A: UP = IOC Mode Course Lock, DOWN = IOC Mode Home Lock
  • Switch B: UP = IOC Mode is OFF, DOWN = IOC Mode is ON (to whatever switch A is at)
  • Switch D: UP = Timer OFF, DOWN = Timer ON
  • Switch G (TH-HOLD): UP (away from you) = Fail-Safe OFF, DOWN (toward you) = Fail-Safe ON (RTH)
I having problems with the fail safe when I turn off the transmitter, (the program on pc)
It goes to GPS instead of fail safe, what should I do to fix this problem
Zackwrx05 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Redo step 13, make sure the app is showing FailSafe when you hold that dial to send the right position
Old 03-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm new to naza and the 7C and all rc things in the air! I'm a car guy, so I only use 2 channels!

I just got a 7C and a DJI 450 with a naza and gps

Question I have is can I use switch A/B for GPs/Atti/Manual, even though I don't plan on using manual flight mode, so that's not really important. I would like to use the 3 position switch for IOC. I would also like to use a switch for throttle hold and use the rotary switch for camera gimbal.

Is this possible?....I sure hope it is!
rattlesnaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you use a r617fs as receiver, you cant do any of this, as you'll have to use the throttle channel to control the flight mode as throttle is only channel that you can program a failsafe position on that receiver.

Also the knob is a no go, the T7C doesnt allow to bind the knob on another function than hover pitch/throttle, you cant assign it to another channel unfortunately.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:15 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If you use a r617fs as receiver, you cant do any of this, as you'll have to use the throttle channel to control the flight mode as throttle is only channel that you can program a failsafe position on that receiver.

Also the knob is a no go, the T7C doesnt allow to bind the knob on another function than hover pitch/throttle, you cant assign it to another channel unfortunately.
Can you use the knob as a throttle hold position as trying to use this as a fail safe , so my real question is, can you set a point for your throttle 55% when it goes to fail safe mode??
Old 03-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, ..glad I didn't buy this radio new. One other odd question, why do need/want to put the failsafe on a switch? if turning off the transmitter does the same thing?
Old 03-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

i dont wanna use it as a fail safe. When i turn on fail safe my throttle on the program goes to zero, So how can i set my fail safe to 55% throttle so it wont go crashing down??
Old 03-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Zack, not sure what you're trying to accomplish with the knob, not much you can do with it, you dont need throttle hold with the Naza, if you want to hover just put stick in middle and naza will do the throttle work for you... when you turn off your tx, does the flight mode switch to failsafe? this is what you need, any other control are override by naza when you are in failsafe, so if it show failsafe and 0 throttle when you turn off tx, you are good to go

rattle: you don't really need a fail safe switch if you dont want one, but if you use a r617fs, then you have to use the throttle channel to control flight mode anyway if you want failsafe on loss of signal, and that th-hold switch will be only available to control throttle anyway (now flight mode for naza) so may as well give it something useful to do, you cant do anything else with that switch anyway while the tx is in heli mode
Old 03-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok thank you very much that what i was looking for about whne i turn off my control, i thought when it goes to zero that is what it is going to do in fail safe mode. im going to try it out this week thanks again
Old 03-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok Thanks locks. I just wanted to use the th-hold, to hold the throttle at 50% for the Naza to hold alltitude and then I would have to worrying about bumping the stick out position.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in