Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > RJX

RJX RJX Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RJX 600 Extreme Pictures

Hey Guys,

I've just finished assembling an RJX 600 extreme that I purchased from hobbyking. When I bought it I trawled the internet looking for photos and descriptions of other peoples setups on this particular model without much luck. So I thought I would post a few photos of my machine incase anyone else is interested. I have to say the assembly was a joy and the components seem to be well machined and robust (time will tell).

phaselag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 02:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice!!!! Even the skids are CF, full bling bling!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe I missing something as I am new to the heli world
But why is you tail rotor on the left side?? Mine is on the right side
Does it matter ?
Rck187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: RJX 600 Extreme Pictures

I believe it does.. or am i missing something?
Old 04-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem. Some tails allow both orientations.
I have a trex 500 like this, but the link goes on top. I preferred it that way due to a ir sensor that is set up on the bottom of the boom.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The torque tube version that I received from RJX is designed to be on the non-conventional side for some reason. The belt version is on the conventional side - the right. Having the tail rotor wash forced into the tail assembly instead of away from it seems to have no real detriment to its performance. There are a few full scale helos that have the tail set up in this way. If you look at a huey, you see that it's set up the conventional way (on the left for a counter-clockwise system) whereas the huey cobra which shares many of the same components as the original huey, has it's tail on the right side.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi!
Could you tell us your set up and performance feelings ? Is it 12s or 6S and what size of main blades?
Thank you!
silenser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenser View Post
Hi!
Could you tell us your set up and performance feelings ? Is it 12s or 6S and what size of main blades?
Thank you!
I'd like to know as well.
Thanks

Steve
Swaggerjacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe it can go either way. . I would like to see pics of one set up for 12s.

Requires:
Standard Size Metal Gear Servo (cyclic control) x 3
Standard Size, High Speed Metal Gear Servo (tail control)

****600 size 500-1100KV brushless outrunner heli motor****

100A brushless ESC w/BEC
Flybarless system
600mm main blades

*****6-12S 4000-5000mAh lipoly battery*****
Dejavu*Xion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 01:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

We know that. We were wondering what "His" setup was. It's very interesting that this heli can perform 3D maneuvers on a 6S setup.

Steve
Old 05-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys, finally I've decided to go on HV set up. Still waiting kit from HK. By now, torq on cyclic, vbarFBL, 2S 1200ma direct. Not decided yet about power system Castle Edge120 or Castle V2 120 and may be SK3 motor.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Guys, finally I've decided to go on HV set up. Still waiting kit from HK. By now, torq on cyclic, vbarFBL, 2S 1200ma direct. Not decided yet about power system Castle Edge120 or Castle V2 120 and may be SK3 motor.
I'd really like to get one of these and fly it on 6S. The Youtube videos show that it 3D's pretty well on that setup. I don't 3D....yet, so it should be good to go.

Steve
Old 05-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah.... At first when I saw this heli flies on 6s i thought that it's not true, but when i saw couple of vids with 6s setup, Holy Smokes......... I like so much the frame design, kind of flying hammer. Ha ha ha.......
Old 05-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah.... At first when I saw this heli flies on 6s i thought that it's not true, but when i saw couple of vids with 6s setup, Holy Smokes......... I like so much the frame design, kind of flying hammer. Ha ha ha.......
LMAO!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can set the belt tail on either side because the tailcase is symmetrical. The guy building one over on RCG did his that way. Just have to make sure the tail blades rotate the right way.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2014, 12:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey Guys,

I apologise I Haven't been on here for a while but here's the list of my components in my setup which is 6s. I'm not sure how accommodating the frame would be for a 12s setup but I've seen vids on youtube. I'm running 1800 rpm governed by the CC esc and I'm getting 7 minutes comfortably. It's a great heli. I've had absolutely no problems with it other than the pesky align 3GX - Took a while to interpret the taiwan/english translation to get what I wanted. But now it's running smooth. I'm a sport flyer slowly entering the 3d realm and I've bumped up the RPM to 2100 on occasions - loads of power. I use a 5000mah turnigy nano-tech battery and the CoG is moderately aft, so I bought a 6000mah and that has centred it even with the additional rx battery fore of the main shaft - I believe it's a light frame for its size. It doesn't feel as nippy with the 6000 in but it gets me around the 9 minute mark.

Scorpion HKIII-4025 1100kv motor
CC phoenix Edge 100
CC BEC Pro 20a
Align DS615 Cyclic servos
Align DS655 Tail Servo
Align 3GX FBL unit
Align 600mm Carbon Fibre FBL rotor blades

I'm actually thinking of selling this heli because I don't get to fly it often. If anyones interested please PM me, don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Regards,

Kyran Spence
Old 05-31-2014, 05:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaselag View Post
The torque tube version that I received from RJX is designed to be on the non-conventional side for some reason. The belt version is on the conventional side - the right. Having the tail rotor wash forced into the tail assembly instead of away from it seems to have no real detriment to its performance. There are a few full scale helos that have the tail set up in this way. If you look at a huey, you see that it's set up the conventional way (on the left for a counter-clockwise system) whereas the huey cobra which shares many of the same components as the original huey, has it's tail on the right side.
The current belt kits have the left side tail like the TT version. The only difference appears to be the bellcrank, the tailcases can be installed either way. Note also that with the tail on the left side the grips need to be flipped too so that the tail pitch mechanics work the same way as on the right. It seems counter intuitive but with the tail mirrored like this it works exactly as on the right, pulling the pushrod and moving the pitch slider toward the tail sideplate will produce thrust counter to torque.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in