Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2015, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 2 bad units in a row??

So the GT5.2 that came with my E550 ARF was doing strange things. Put a 5.1 that I had on, worked fine. Sent the 5.2 in & they said it failed their test so sent me a brand new one It's been sitting on my shelf for 6 month, but since I got a super deal on another E700 I decided to use the new GT5.2.

So while setting it up using the dongle, & having everything going in the proper direction, I realize after exiting the gyro menu things are now not working as they should, one servo going in wrong direction on pitch

Disconnect from computer, re-boot 5.2 & it doesn't start up, just keeps going through the little numbers at the bottom......disconnect, wait 10 sec. re-connect, starts up & everything is working perfectly....

So now I'm programming the esc and while doing bench testing the swash goes funky on me again.... Re-boot gets stuck on the numbers again....try again, ok it works, spin up the heli (no tail boom) starts doing it again at higher rmp. The only thing I can think of is vibrations, but there where 0 vibs when it did this while connected to the computer, the esc wasn't even powered...

IDK, I'm not trusting this on a 700. I'll test it out on my e325 I guess, at least it's cheap to fix & it won't kill me.
rcnorth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2015, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well I noticed that I forgot to set the swash to 140, it was on 120. Don't really think that would cause what was happening....?

Anyhow will set it up on my e325 & see how it does.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I was going to make a short video to show the odd behaviour this unit is displaying, but it won't even stay connected to my TX. The light on the sat. is solid but I have no control. When I connect with the dongle & go into input, dsmx is no longer selected.... check the dsmx box, everything works. Disconnect, everything works. Unplug battery & then plug in again, back to the same situation, solid light, not input.....

I'm confident in saying that this is the second brand new GT5.2 that does not work properly... I have 2 GT5.1 units that work fine, in fact I had lots of praise for these units & was very hopeful about enjoying the "improved" 5.2 I can't believe I had this mounted on my 700! Thankfully I have enough experience to recognize wrong behavior or this could have ended badly.

I can't even send this thing back, because TH is no longer the dealer...so I guess I'm SOL.

All I can say is shame on you ACE, After a failed servo on my new E550 ARF causing a crash & 2 bad FBL units in a row, I will never purchase or promote your product again!
Old 02-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could try contacting Thunder Tiger, don't know if it would do any good though.
I guess I'm fortunate I didn't buy one. I did enjoy the 5 and 5.1 though, the 5 was my first FBL unit.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, Mini Titan 325s was my first CP heli & came with GT5.1, great machine & not problems with the 5.1, still have it.

There was another guy on here that got a bad 5.2, like me he got it replaced, otherwise I would think it's kinda rare.... So why can't I get this lucky when I buy a lotto ticket...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in